Tree of Savior Forum

Plans for Combat System Changes

Greetings Saviors!

We have made an announcement regarding ‘Plans for Combat System Changes’.

You can check the details at our official website from the following link.

Link : https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=920

Thank you as always for your continued support, enthusiasm and love for Tree of Savior.

Sincerely,
IMC Staff

Please leave your opinions and questions here!
We’ll be gathering them and forwarding them to the devs for weekly updates.

27 Likes

Excite! No time to read it for 4 hours tho. :sob:

Please leave your opinions and questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

The post here says ‘First-Time Player Event: Recruiting New Saviors!’. Instead of ‘Plans for Combat System Changes’ =P

1 Like
  • To compensate players for the balance changes, we want to prepare an event where you can reset your stats, skills and class ranks at an event NPC. The NPC will provide one stat, skill and rank resetting item per day that can be used a single time and for one day only.

Good idea !!!

Accuracy and critical chance, which only apply to physical attack, get removed from DEX and are replaced by normal attack speed

Please take into account the much higher ping of ITOS

8 Likes

Whoops… My bad… :disappointed_relieved:

Had an issue with our normal system so… Things got messy :frowning:

1 Like

I’ll read over it another few times but the vast majority of this just fixed large parts of the game, of course we’ll have to see implementation but wow, just wow. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

2-4. Reset Event Plans

• To compensate players for the balance changes, we want to prepare an event where you can reset your stats, skills and class ranks at an event NPC. The NPC will provide one stat, skill and rank resetting item per day that can be

I CAN’T EVEN -

2 Likes

@STAFF_Ethan 2 Question i need same amout goddess Bless to tran the gear? and get we more option to earn bless shard

These are some great changes, but I feel like str/int changes are still weak unless the phys/magic attack effiency is extremely high compared to the current gains especially since dex got even stronger (crit atk,block pen). Transcendence nerf from 550% to 200% is definitely needed.

3 Likes

That’s why we’ve been hush hush about Rank Resets and such… :slight_smile:

9 Likes

So i know this is from the KToS blog. But when should we expect to see specific values/formulas for scaling on skills? It’s nice to see they will be scaled by %age, but a few examples would be neat.

A BIG plus on the trans changes. Very well done. But I’m sure people would like to also know how many shards will it take now? more or less?

EDIT: I noticed that weapons / armor with lower grades will see less gems required for trans. Nice.

2 Likes

“Besides this, we’re also introducing two new level 315 rapiers (rare, unique), but any changes regarding items will be announced via the patch notes when they’re ready to be implemented.”

Well, finally?

Overall, really looking forward to these changes. Keep up the good work, and thanks for the information.

@STAFF_Ethan That’s exactly what I expected from this game since TOS was launched.

That attack speed interference from dex just made my eyes shine. Maybe in the future we can also see classes like Taekwon from Ragnarok where you could turn on some instance and in the fight while using basic attacks when some instance got activated, you needed to press the skill key fastly to use the skill.

But well done IMC, well done.

2 Likes

Everything looks really promising. I probably will miss my cannoneer doing cap damage, but it’s fine since every hp and damage might be nerfed.

Also: please consider fixing attack speed being ping reliant if you gonna give dex this effect. Most of us itos players have a really high ping.

11 Likes

If you are removing critical rate from dex, how do people even do critical damage now? I can see fencers getting hit pretty hard.

2 Likes

AGNERF NECKLACE \O/

/20agny

1 Like

Thats my question too. How will the new crit system work since it wont be based off stats. I noticed how crit resist is removed too. Will it be just a flat crit rate across the board?

2 Likes

I see, the weapon transcendance values tweaked. How about the armors transcendance? Should they be tweaked also? Because if they still give high values, we would expect low damage even with stage 10 weapon trans.

Will hidden class be exempted from the advancement quest after rank reset?

Overall I am excited for the changes since it means that I will spend more time in the fields, not mission or dungeon. I wish there is an easier way for players to travel across the maps because there are so many maps and they are quite large. Reaching a destination can be quite a chore tbh.

2 Likes