Tree of Savior Forum

Plans for Combat System Changes

Well, this is a nice update for PVE, but in PVP we are more and more ausrine + cc reliant (they nerfed defense) … so … this patch isnt come to iTOS until they balance pvp … ok? …

That’s why Safety Wall should be a Priest skill instead Cleric c1.

1 Like

anyone know who time take for implement this on itos?

[quote=“STAFF_Ethan, post:1, topic:353826, full:true”]"- To compensate players for the balance changes, we want to prepare an event where you can reset your stats, skills and class ranks at an event NPC. The NPC will provide one stat, skill and rank resetting item per day that can be used a single time and for one day only."
[/quote]

**(option1)**Why not just reset everyone’s points the moment you login after the patch has been implemented?

**(option2)**Why not just give a item that can’t be traded/transferred (to all ur chars) to allow u a full reset when ever you see fit?(or get an expiration date once you login with that char in the world map ot ToS olding that item in ur Iventory)

**(option3)**Why not leave this NPC permanently on game, UNTIL you accepts its “item”? (Or have it not even apear in game for bran new characters, after patch)

I find it terrible this game doesn’t offer a single 1 time reset during the entire game, even less for anyone who’s not playing atm for w/e reason lost this one chance event, will miss the opportunity to redistribute their stats correctly. All this just because you guys changed the entire system and won’t allow ppl who own old characters, come late and unaware of the changes to adapt to it. That’s low, sorry! :frowning:

I have played other games when I would come back to the game after long absences and this sort of changes happened. Simply my characters would had all their points reset (but level and rank) the moment I logged in it, so I would get aware of a sudden change and I could redistribute them again. How hard is this to perform?

Ps: I would like to have that take in to consideration since I was one of the of those who bought a game founds pack back then when it was still in CB.

5 Likes

You have a good point my friend.

@STAFF_Ethan

I hope you consider rebalancing Oracles “Death Sentence”.
The skill is now less efficient than before (because monster HP and defence were significantly reduced and became less important when calculating damage) and got nerfed for Circle 3 Oracles because of the higher cooldown time [200 seconds now instead of 150 seconds with C3 attribute].

An appropriate rebalance (considering the changes to all other Classes and skills) would be ~ this:

Death Sentence

CD time = 280 - (skilllevelx20) seconds [decreasing the CD time with the skilllevel]
3 overheat charges (allowing you to kill 3 monsters with it per CD)
SP costs = 72 + (skilllevelx18) [no changes]
Time until death = 60 - (skilllevelx4) seconds [no changes]

PVP balance change : Death Sentence has 3 times the base CD time [i.e. 3x 280= 840 seconds] in PVP

1 Like

they say the damage . mag atack gain for int /strg is gona be at least double. i beleive this compensate

hello. As a Hunter Falconer Main and creator of a guide for Companions post in the forum ( go check it :wink:) want to ask how is the new stat/ crit/block/acuracy sistem gona afect our :smile_cat: COMPANIONS .
actually they can be train to have more acuracy and crit chance … in the new sistem this stats are gona be removed from the pet? if they are removed, can we get some kind of refund on the silver spend?
thanks for answers. :relieved:

#savefireball

2 Likes

So you mean IMC should wait for those CBT players who quitted who might pop back up whose chances are super low?
If any player wants to come back, they will notice this event and and come back and reset their chars.
If they dont come back means they never intended to. Its not IMC’s fault that player miss an opportunity.

Later you will say bring back the other events which “quitters” couldn’t take part.

1 Like

Maybe players want a new server without all bug exploits from all this time on regular servers.
Start from 0 in a fixed/optimized game. This is what CBT players want. IMC is trying hard, but quite slow.

I still have a little faith in ToS and IMC.

Option 3 may lead to exploits, so i don’t think it would be good;

Option 2 is how they should do this tbh. Very smart from you pointing that; i just hope that the admins listen to you.

By the way, i’m curious to know how they will implement this “Attribute Points reset”. Seems interesting but if all attributes get the same point value, it will be a disaster.

A new server indeed would work around that exploits, bugs and what ever else happend in the past but you all should consider that there has to be at last 1 new server for each now existing one.
This would us lead to another problem - all players who want to start over, would start on the new servers. -> Every old teamnames are used and cant be used again if imc not make a teamname change event like it was in the early days.
The old server may become dead servers…
In the end it wont make a difference if they would make new servers or eradicate the existing ones and give all players with X lvl X chars some compensation…
THAT would be kind of the true Tree of savior release… and not like it was…

A 1000 Silver investment equates to an attribute point. An R1 attribute may cost 5 attribute points to level, while an R8 attribute may cost 500. It works well in KTEST and KTOS.

2 Likes

That sounds much cheaper. What about the ranks in between? Thanks for the info.

It doesn’t necessarily mean a price decrease in attributes, it’s just a separate one way conversion currency. It should be noted however, that the update does include discounted attributes (save your silver!). The numbers I provided are purely for an example, not real world. Here’s some actual examples:

Heal: Enhance: Level 1 -> 2 = 1 AP
Carve Owl: Enhance: Level 1 -> 2 = 4 AP
God Smash: Enhance: Level 1 -> 2 = 8 AP

Ahh good to know…is it event wise discounted attributes?

It’s a permanent decrease in cost.

would be nice to reset all and start over. but well not all are gonna want to.

Every game I played, when classes/races were even slightly modified, automatically reset stat/skill points the moment the patch went live.

Heck, Dark Age of Camelot gave each account upon creation a Single Line Skill respec item as well as All Skill respec item that had no expiration date. You could even farm them as drops from killing the 3 realm dragons.

It’s kinda cruel this game encourages players to experiment with various builds and classes yet expects you to start all over each time because there is no respec option. It really takes the whole “grind” concept to another intolerable level…

2 Likes