Tree of Savior Forum

Plans for Combat System Changes

darn :frowning:oh lemme duel you when you come back from work :stuck_out_tongue: the murm

One question: Miko Clap skill now works with magic circles? Because at this moment only works for Diev carved statues.

Ok, first thing to mention:
Most of those Cleric damage mitigation skills [i.e. e.g. Safety Zone, Foretell, Sterea Troph] are not buffs but magic circles with beneficial effects. You still get knocked down or knocked back and once you’re out of their AoE, you don’t have any beneficial effect at all.

The only exemptions of that are Ausrines invulnerability effect and Golden Bell Shields invulnerability during channeling.

However, in contrast to Archer, except for Safety Zone and Counter Spell all of these useful mitigation skills require Circle 2 or Circle 3 investment to unlock them.
Archer just needs 1 Circle in a Class to unlock them.
e.g. you could make Archer2>QuarrelShooter1>Scout1 and have 2 skills to avoid physical damage. Or Archerx>x>Scout1>x>Falconer1.

2nd thing to mention: Every Class can heal themselves with potions.
The new potions heal a suitable amount so that you can survive even reckless gameplay if your equipment is good enough.
Heal is mostly a damaging skill with potentially one of the highest damages Clerics can get, so why waste it for your HP when potions do an equally good job?

Btw, Classes like Alchemist (creates potions) and Featherfoot[leeches enemies’ HP] can also provide stable heals for Wizards.

Last but not least:

The difference I stated as a suggested change would be 840 HP more for 150 CON.
I Don’t understand why people would argue with buffs and damage mitigation if the difference allows for 2-4 more hits to be taken PVE-wise before you die.

Btw, the nerf of Aspersions defence boost to a flat value that’s boosted by level and SPR will definetly take its toll in increased overall damage, so improved HP-gain via CON for Cleric[and maybe for Swordsman,too] would definetly be more advantageous.

1 Like

If you buff defense, HP, and mitigation too much then you risk having matches that never end, or always get timed out.

To be fair, every cleric does have access to safety zone, its c1 afterall.

Not to mention that it’s common to see builds with cleric2.
No other class has that luxury to spend 2 first ranks for something as good as safety wall.

On the bright side there are still ways to counter it in pvp i guess.

If potions do such a “good job”… why are we even having this lil chat? :joy: You want more HP for it to be aesthetically pleasing?

Anyway, swords get more hp cuz they face tank always, no choice, clerics will have less cuz hp they can heal and can block some damage, wizards and archers can kite for the most part. That’s all there is to it. I’m done, have a good day.

It would be quite a good things in Combat Changes if FF started to be able to absorb HP from players when used in PvP ;-;

1 Like

Just spitballing here, but couldn’t they apply HP/CON modifiers to different circles so that they can increase/reduce based upon what that class is meant for?

For example.

Cleric Rank 1 - Base HP value (no bonus)

Cleric Rank 2 - Base HP + 5 HP per CON (56 + 5 hp per con)

Priest Rank 1 - Base HP - 5%, -3 HP per CON

and tally them up so that circles with supportive/offensive abilities make the character more fragile and more defensive/front liney characters have a more potent HP pool.

We are having the chat because you don’t understand that Clerics are melee Classes :sweat:.
You also don’t seem to understand that Swordsmen can negate 100% of the physical damage just by investing 1 Rank in Peltasta or Rodolero, equipping a shield and pressing C. This doesn’t have any CD time like Safety Zone or Stone Skin…
When the buff/magic circle is on CD, Cleric has to facetank, Swordie can just block like no tomorrow and attack during the attack delay of the enemy. No damage, no need for Heal, point.

Physical damage is ± the most prominent damage type, as most mobs in this game just punch you in the face. Just look at most ingame bosses in e.g. Saalus, Siaulai or instanced dungeons…

Unless you go Monk or Inquis…lol

I guess in a funny way I could argue that Sadhu is ranged as well.

I still think we need a stat system that doesn’t make everyone just go for one stat. I always liked the RO system where the costs rise the more you invest in a stat.
So its worth to at least get a little bit of some of the other stats too because they are way cheaper on a small amount.

I think this change will promote a split in stats, at least more than the current setup.

1 Like

The problems I see right now with the system is, not enough enemies having Block making DEX unnecessary, SPR not having enough useful utility for basically all classes that it doesn’t scale with, and CON being restricted to a preference rather than a necessity. CON might change a bit as its usefulness will increase with the new damage formula, but so far it still remains non crucial. Magic classes have the problem of INT being the only damage stat, and not having an alternative like STR-DEX. The new system will encourage stat splitting more, but overall there’ll still be heavy investment and nothing close to even distribution.

Does IMC hate Sadhus or something? I feel like they’re trying to kill the class more and more (more than it’s already been). Eventually they will just delete the class and give everyone class reset vouchers. They’re trying to get less and less people to choose Sadhus so that when they do delete them, there will be less of an uproar. My little conspiracy theory.

Why would there be an attribute that is completely dependent upon a specific other class choice? Sadhu/Monk isn’t even that good of a combo.

Except you’re forgetting one thing: Pelts can’t attack while blocking with C. So if they’re just blocking, they’re useless (unless they are ACTUALLY a tank character). Clerics on the other hand, can negate damage AND attack at the same time.
Swordies need more HP because if they want to actually be useful and attack something, they can’t be negating 100% of all damage.

2 Likes

This is not the first class dependant attribute. Look at Murmillo.

I know that they are not even similar, but this would create a new possibility for Sadhu. They also might think more than just monk, but an attribute that allows more skills from other classes to be used by the spirit, so you can have more on the DPS side of the class than just AA and a crap AoE damage while using the spirit. I also suggest to lower the damage formula a little to not make it too overpower and maybe make Sadhu the new meta (lol).

I just had Monk in mind cause, you know, barehand skills, barehand soul… you probably got it.

Also, you are not obligated to get this attribute. But this would be a beneficial thing (again, look at Murmillo)

To make it fair, make it a C2 (or even c3) attribute. C1 would be the ideal, cause you could go for Sadhu c1 then monk c1. But to make things more “fair”, put it on c2 (and then destroy any possibility of Sadhu c3 viable) or put it on C3 as a heavy investiment value and make Sadhu c3 more interesting (with decent damage multipliers for this one, PLEASE), even that this last option would create a mess during build creation. But hey, your spirit could do more than AA now, yay!

Ah, well I never played Murmillo before, so I wouldn’t know :stuck_out_tongue:

But you’re not locked into blocking…
Unless one is too stupid to alternate between pressing C and attacking, it’s normal to assume that you can’t block while attacking normally.

Even the more or less realitic Mount&Blade series didn’t have that kind of feature xD

That’s enough,though. Look at the monsters and look at the bosses, they have delays from 1-2+ seconds after attacking. just alternate between blocking and attacking and you’ll be able to deal damage and negate damage. That’s the appeal of having semi-action gameplay, right?

If you want your stats to do everything for you, you’re playing the wrong game…