Tree of Savior Forum

Plans for Combat System Changes

Re: Stat Changes.

IMC should consider a 1.25 stat point per level system. I don’t believe 1 stat point per level is enough for most classes; and even after the stat changes, players will still likely go 100% in a single stat resulting in characters sacrificing too much in other areas.

For instance, a tank should have adequate points in both CON and SPR for Status Ailment Resistance. Clerics and Wizards could also benefit from going mostly SPR or INT along with CON. For example, a lvl 300 tank could be 275 CON with 100 SPR.

Ok thx for the words guys. I was a little hot headed, so I forgot most of what I wanted to say.

I would like to add an extra option too:

(Option4) Everyone gets the Stats/Skill points Reseted, after each class upgrade quest been completed
This could be very well be what it really means to play ToS like Yakballer said: " The game encourages you to try out builds and classes, but gives you no means to archive that." This would allow you to adjust your build has you progress, and have no fear to try anything new or out of ordinary.
Its a bit sad, I really was trying to archive everything for my self, but the moment I noticed that you have no “error margine” I can’t help feel completely MANDATORY to go online SEARCHING FOR BUILDS from ppl that payed the price of trial and error.
Although this might affect the premium/cash sector, might be a pretext not to happen…

Also I have an important question, is it possible to work out a different formular where Weapons DO NOT outweigh everything else like Stats Skill and level?
Because this way the game will become a matter of who has the most money out of everyone and to make it worse, that will rise the run for the Money Sellers a lot, is this inside your predictions?
A simple fix would be where Stats>Level>Weapon>Skill, just an idea.

PS: Please these are only options, I’m not demanding the implementation of those “(OptionsX)” anything, lol. Just that devs do abide by their own word of reading everything!

Set your expectations to something around “a Month or two” at best.

Even still, swordsmen can only use active blocking if they are a Peltasta. You can’t decrease the general HP of ALL swordsmen just because some of them are Peltastas. What about the ones who aren’t Pelts? Screw them?

First of all I would like to say that each of the changes is excellent. But I just wanted to make some suggestions.

1. Weapons and Armor: I like the idea of ​​no restrictions on using most equipment (I think there should not be any), but I think there should be an attribute requirement that DOES NOT RESTRICT USE but causes penalties, for For example, a ‘‘Meh Plate Armor’’ has a requirement of 100 of STR, anyone could equip it, but if you do not have 100 STR you would suffer penalties such as reduction of armor effectiveness, reduction of move speed (in the case of Plate )… etc. This would prevent you from seeing bizarre things for an RPG game like a warrior FULL CLOTH … Or having to see a Wizard equip a sword and attack with the same efficiency and attack speed as a SWORDman … A Full Plate wizard with Shield (ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH …).

2. Dual Wield: Well I actually wanted to implement this in the game after all, there is no real dual wield in that game, right? DUAL WIELD with two one-hand weapons.

3. True Tank: All MMORPG that I played I always liked to play with the shield users for being the Tank class, but in TOS well, the shield users have the low dps as in every game however also it is not a Tank. … :disappointed: … So I would like you to look more closely at the shield user classes they should be more TANK.

PS: It’s not about the combat system I wanted to mention … please … Please … GOD PLEASE, implement an option in the settings of something like ‘’ CUSTOM UI SCALE ‘’ and ‘’ FONT SIZE ‘’.

PS ': Sorry bad English, I’m still learning.

What will gonna change in Sneak Hit + Werewolf card?

We gonna have a test server on iTos?

I’m Necromancer C3 / job 10 (rank8), if I change to Alchemist C3 (rank8), will i get job 10 of Alchemist C3? or do i have to lvl up my job to lvl 10 again?

Ty

The rank reset will give you “Rank Exp Cards” Lv2~8 and another Rank Exp card with as much class exp as you currently have (Class 10 in you case). So do not worry :wink:

P.S. If your Rank8 would have been Class15, you would have just received Rank Cards Lv2~9 instead

1. If your class rank exp got messed up last reset will this 1 fix it or will it be reset to where it currently is?
    Didnt see answer upstairs.
  2. Is the calculation for spr effect on summons anywhere?

This kind of sucks, do i really need to waste time for relearning all atributses that i had learned before?

Hello. Im a long time player, to whom the game became a staple of my gaming repertuar and i returned to it time after time for about a month at a time. I have to say my class, the pyromancer, has been… well… fcked… so hard i seriously cant see myself playing anymore :(. I feel alot of reverting of mechanics changes HAS TO happen or else i cannot find myself being able to play my class anymore and so ill be parting with the game.

1st

FIREBALL
The fireball should be as it was, the 10 second cooldown doesn’t make me happy that i have to spam it over and over. I prefer 25-30 second cooldown. 10 seconds leaves little to no time to do anything else but spam. The old fireball was a skill that had some weight behind it, decision to plop it down and where was not trivial. Its long lasting presence meant that sometimes pushing it around was a viable choice instead of just spaming more of them.
The fireball should last long and tick 12 times as far as i remember. The increased damage from single explosion does not compensate for the lower but persistent damage it dealt. It makes kiting mobs into or through it a gameplay element that adds skillful play to the game, old fireball makes for a much more strategic skill. Current one is just a joke, i dont feel like i want to use it, it does nothing and the increased burn debuf does not compensate. I don’t want to have to count on luck on whether i do some damage. I would gladly prefer the old fireball in its reduced burn debuf, it makes for a much more interesting skill. An one-off fireball might as well be a projectile, but i liked the innovation that it wasn’t, that was when the skill lasted and worked. Currently its just broken…

FLAMEGROUND
Flameground at low levels was a great skill, its damage was good enough to kill quickly but when in your 200’s and above its damage was not very high. Nevertheless the skill was good, its purpose in combat was no longer to outright kill anything that comes over it instantly but to slow cook them. It was a light aoe that lasted in comparison to the other skills that were shorter in duration. You could have counted on at lest a bit of damage from it and in my case - the demon - when other skills needed refreshing. Again - kiting mobs through it was an element of personal skill player continiously performed, Knocking in a fireball for a bit of a burst into the mix when off cooldown. The duration of the skill should be 30 seconds not 10.

FIRE PILLAR

Its damage is gimped now… it used to be the “ulti” of the build. It had a long cooldown which meant it was very important not to waste it. Its still would be usefull to stop the mobs if i had any skills that can deal damage that i could set up for the monsters meanwhile firepilar holds them. That is not the case… what am i suposed to do? plop 2 fireballs thatll tick for 4k damage each only? I might aswell be tickling the mobs with a wet noodle…

SORCERER DEMON SUMMON
Ok i see what you did there, now the regeneration of mana isnt stopped completely when the devil is active. The devil still drains mana and the mana still regenerates. This is good, it allows the players to decide if they want to invest lets say ~50-100 points in spirit to have the increased regen compensate for the demon or whether they want to put those points in int for straightforward damage increase to their skills.

I think that spirit should not affect the strength of the demon tho but int should do that. This way you allow for multiple types of builds such as

• 300int 100spr the demon lasts permanently, (its mana drain is replenished by spirit mana regeneration you can only run out of mana when you are constantly casting for a long period of time)
    -350int 50spr The demons drain is equal to your mana regen. Aditional skills eat away from the mana pool. You can have the demon on constantly but other combat skills make you run our of mana. In essence, you dont have to desumon the demon when not used to regen some mana between pack pulls. Your mana bar doesnt moove.
  • 400 int 0spr the demon lasts 30 sec-1min or so, its hits are 25% stronger than the previous build but after that you need to sit and regen mana. This makes a demon very powerfull in short term duration.

EARTHQUAKE
Useless skill, Could be usefull if it slowed the mobs for 3-5seconds after then got knocked down if you dont want to make it usefull by just boosting its damage which i understand.

LETHARGY
The defence debuf should be increased for the skill to be noteworthy. A lethargied mob should take at least 10% more damage. Otherwise i barely ever use it, and more because i believe it does something rather than actually seeing the effects. I also cant see the diference between it being cast instantly and it being channeled to full power…

ENCHANT FIRE
Generally i am not complaining about it adding 200 points of damage to my hits instead of 100 however i thought the real problem with it was that it lasted too short. It should last double its original duration which would make it much better to not have to rebuff constantly.

SUMMON SERVANT
Servant should have its buff duration doubled. Reapplying the buf 6 times/hour + every time you die or change map is enough of a hassle. Otherwise no complaints.

REFLECT SHIELD
Its your defensive cooldown, too often i was trying to scramble and run from a mob type that just punched through it and killed me. Other mobs types on thesame map didnt punch through it but that type did… Why?
Perhaps the strength of the barrier should be increased more from buying out this skill at the npc.

So thats my thoughts. I am hoping You will rollback mechanical changes on the pyromancer skills because i really wanted to continue playing the game and this “patch” stopped me from enjoying the game right when i was getting the most engaged.

Thanks for adding more quests, it was the main thing that got me back into the game before the “rebalancing” which -if it didn’t hurt the mechanics i would be fine with. Tweak the numbers on skills… DONT CHANGE THEIR MECHANICAL FORM. don’t shorten their original duration, number of ticks etc… lenghten the selfbufs, constant reaplication isnt fun 6 times an hour instead of 12 would be just fine.

Invested player
Gregory

tldr: you are playing game, not game playing you.