Tree of Savior Forum

Plans for Combat System Changes

Hello IMC, what the heck are you doing?

Why are you overbuffing goddamn Miko so noone would want to take Sadhu C3 instead? You nerfed Sadhus damage via OOB to oblivion, gave him crap damage via Astral Body Explosion and made Possession at level 10 weaker than level 5 Hamaya but are totally fine Miko dealing 333x2x4= 2664% damage every ~10 seconds via Gohei? Wtf is wrong with your balancing?
How can 1 Rank of a Class be more effective than 3 Ranks of a Class?

Sadhus DPS-potential is now 230,52%(lvl 10 Possession)+50,2%(lvl 15 Astral Body Explosion) for skill damage.
Meanwhile Mikos DPS-Potential is 333% (lvl 5 Gohei) + 145,6% (lvl 5 Hamaya) for skill damage. Thatā€™s 280,72% of 3 Circles Sadhu vs. 478,6% of 1 Circle Miko, meaning Miko is 1,7 times as effective when it comes to damage and 3 times as effective when it comes to Ranks&skillpoints invested.

Do something. You canā€™t be serious about rebalancing the game when you come up with this balance that drops dead certain Classes while other Classes are several times as effective with way less invested.

Why did you introduce Classes like Sadhu in the first place if you want them to be ineffective and useless after all?
Sadhu couldā€™ve been a great way to help magical attack&support builds to have some damage, but itā€™s nerfed and nerfed and nerfed.

Is it so overpowered to have OOB scale with ASPD when its damage is already this low(way lower than before the balancing)?
Is it still necessary to rob the Class of all defence during OOB when the evasion buff is already useless because you nerfed evasion it hard (no evasion gain with the new Hunting Ground gears, no more evasion via shoes, no more evasion via Leather Armor Mastery) while still redirecting all enemies towards the main body?

Letā€™s face it: Sadhu is even more unsuited to the new combat system than the old one, and youā€™ve yet to do something to rebalance it.
Just adding some damage % here and there is not rebalancing.
Iā€™ve already proven that Miko is way more effective now than Sadhu.

Sadhu is dead and your ā€œcombat system changesā€ gave it the finishing blow!

3 Likes

Advice for Sadhu wannabes, currently as of the ktest results, it will be wise to just get Sadhu C1. You can roll a dice or blind pick 2 other classes in place of Sadhu C2/C3 circles and still end up with a build that is better than Sadhu c3.

That is just how sad the class is now.

It seems like OOB is affected by Atk aspd now with the new patch. BongToS has tested, which is a good start since previously it doesnā€™t get affected.

But Sadhu is still too weak for the new patch though imo even with the dex changes.

4 Likes

lol if thatā€™s weak, you should see the cataphract videoā€¦they did buff the damage a little on cataphract afterwards but its still so bad lol.

Looks like cataphract and sadhu are in awkward spots right now. Almost like they never deal enough damage compared to other classes :confused:

They still tweeking the numbers. Day before yesterday, they changed all 0 CD skills heavily (+10 CD and damage mod), last week a lot of buffs got new formulas and etc. Donā€™t rush conclusions.

OH NOOOOOOOO
This topic will close 11408 years after the last reply.

PLZ HURRY WITH YOUR CONCLUSIONS!

4 Likes

I posted already in the Sadhu thread, but I will share my idea here also:

Would be nice if Sadhu had an attribute that makes all the hand skills from Monk (Double Punch, Palm Strike, Hand Knife and One Inch Punch) usable by the spirit, properly scaling with INT/MATK. This could help find more damage options for the class, as you can find enough protective skills from other classes, but nothing that adds to the damage (that is really poor for the class itself).

Even with that (and even with the attack speed thing), I still think that OoB shoud have a higher damage modifier, or proc buff damages (blessing and etc).

Hey, umm, I know there are still lots of stuff to cover and all and I donā€™t want to sound ungrateful, but is there an expected date for this rebalances to come out on the live server? Sorry if I sound like a demanding twat but Iā€™m genuinely excited to make an actual viable Cleric3-Priest3-Pardoner2.

[quote=ā€œemilianotanchico, post:561, topic:353826, full:trueā€]
If Swordsmen want to hit more and faster, allocate more points in DEX but their damage could be lower because of lack of STR so that finally Mages can start acting like real Mages and Swordsmen can start being proper tanks.
[/quote]As a new player to ToS, this is honestly one thing I find extremely disturbing and imbalanced about this game; and its a trend that Iā€™ve observed over the years in other games to a degree.

Mages [in some games] are too durable in that they can stand in front of a melee monster without fear of being killed in a few hits and nuke it dead in seconds. Thereā€™s really no sense of danger nor strategy involved when you donā€™t have to worry about constant casting interruptions and keeping yourself as far as possible from potential, deadly threats.

Cata, Sahdu and Templar R.I.P

1 Like

Nothing to worry about, weā€™re all excited for this update.

These updates are going to be applied to our kTOS test server in April of 2017, and will likely arrive in iTOS in the early summer of 2017. Weā€™ll make sure to announce any further details or modifications as they come up.

I suspect late June or early July. Seeing how implementation goes on KTEST, KTOS, and possibly JTOS will be a good indication on when it will arrive here.

And then, DPS swordsman classes will never be viable until they have an overpowered burst skill (exemple : live Dethrone) because unlike mages, glasscanon swordsman will not have the advantage of the range, for a lot of builds, they will not have the advantage of wearing a shield (so in fact they will be squishier than mages) and they will also have lower utility / control diversity for similar to lower damages.

But Swordsmen has like double the base hp to Wizards, so its not really the sameā€¦

The shield part is true though, but thatā€™s just how it is with games where a classes skills are based off a specific off hand. Only thing they can really do is make it so certain Wizard classes requires a Dagger or some new off hand like a tome.

Thing is though, nearly every Swordsmen class was designed to deal damage while more than half the Wizard classes are designed to support (thankfully with proper scaling that is finally changing).

Iā€™m really excited for these changes, wizard has suffered since rank 9 release. Game will finally be a little more balanced.

Just a quick question? Why is Archer still so close up to Cleric?
Cleric is Ā± point blank melee for nearly every Class and skill, thus needs to take way more damage, thus should be closer to Swordsman than to Archer when it comes to HP gain per CON.

HP gain for Cleric should be 1 CON = 60 HP, 10 CON = 240 HP.
I wouldnā€™t mind if IMC adds more HP gain for Swordsman to counterbalance that[ e.g. 1 CON= 75 HP, 10 CON = 300 HP], just keep in mind to leave the difference between Cleric[= melee] and Archer[= ranged] larger than the current version.

The base difference pre-balance patch was already quite bad (Cleric factor 1,5 vs. Archer factor 1,4 per level) and in favor of the Archers. Melee characters should have potentially more HP than ranged characters because they are exposed to more threat&potential damage staying near to the enemy <_<

They probably did it because clerics can heal themselves, and donā€™t have to take direct damage some times and they have the best buffs.

Clerics donā€™t have the best buffs [thatā€™s the Wizards now], but letā€™s not get into too much detail on this.
Yes, Clerics can heal themselves and they have several skills to negate damage, but guess what? Archers also have skills to negate damage [e.g. Deploy Pavise, Hanging Shot and Camouflage] and they have skills to increase their attack range.
They also have companion riding Classes to increase their mobility and nearly no skills with a short range [few exceptions exists like Musketeers Butt Stroke, Rogues Backstab and Sappers traps e.g.], meaning that even though Clerics have damage mitigation and healing skills, an Archer normally doesnā€™t even get hit while the Cleric must take hits once his mitigation skills are on CDā€¦

This makes me wonder why Clerics have so much less HP gain compared to Swordsman[ Swordsman has 1,25 times the Clerics HP gain from CON] while Cleric has not so much more [only 1,14 times the amount Archers gain] in comparison.
Archers and Wizards are close in HP gain, which makes sense since theyā€™re both ranged Class-trees, but Clerics being closer to Archers than Swordsmen makes no sense, considering that even the magic skills of Cleric are mostly melee-rangedā€¦

As a ā€œmain archerā€(ha ha ha), I must say: Yes! Finally Iā€™m gonna kick some cleric asses!

OK, just kidding.
Clerics should have more Hp indeed.
But, I didnā€™t get why mages are so close up too.

lol no no get into detail for sure on the skills, ausrine, bloodletting, safety zone, monstrance, aspersion, revive, stone skin, sterea troph, prophecy, counter spell, and the list keeps going. Every cleric will have at least 1 of these.
EVERY cleric can heal them self, not every archer has quarrel shooter, hanging shot, camo. Attack range is nice, it youā€™re not getting hit by a ranged mob.
With the exception of monk, sadhu and maybe inquisitor or something, most cleric classes can use magic circle damage skills and still kite around mobs if needed and if they do get hit, just heal the damage bk and safety zone or something. Then you have plague doctor which is DoT/HoT king in many situations. Compared to swordsman who have to face tank and with no heals I donā€™t mind Clerics having lower HP at all. Unless IMC hits Clerics with huge nerfs on their support skills, I donā€™t expect them to have super HP unless its a kabbalist.

1 Like

Not every cleric has

ausrine, bloodletting, safety zone, monstrance, aspersion, revive, stone skin, sterea troph, prophecy, counter spell

as well. If you are going to list off cleric skills that negate damage, donā€™t be surprised when people do the same for archers. =P

lol remi xD still clerics dnt need all that HP
and still once youā€™re playing a cleric, youā€™ll always have at least 1 way of negating damage. that was my point
@Remiri now come in game and buff my squire with divine might please lol

Canā€™t I am at work, shhh.