Tree of Savior Forum

Plans for Combat System Changes

Yes I know I’m just making a comparison and Incinarate have bonus damage when the monster is affected by Plague Vapor.

increaing attck speeds? the sverver cant even handle the ping spikes and disconnection so how on earth is it suppose to handle faster pace of gameplay?

Question, if DEX is goin to affect attack spd and also normal attacks, will it make Doppel’s Deeds of Valor and Chrono’s Quicken partially useless? also how it will it affect Double Weapon Assault from Corsair? which is already quick and exhausting to spam ? maybe making it work by just holding Z+C ?? will we end up with full dex corsairs that attack like this or faster??

1 Like

Hi @STAFF_Ethan
Sorry, just a quick question:

Is the class/rank reset applicable for all the character in the account, or one chance per account?

#2-4. Reset Event Plans

• To compensate players for the balance changes, we want to prepare an event where you can reset your stats, skills and class ranks at an event NPC. The NPC will provide one stat, skill and rank resetting item per day that can be used a single time and for one day only.
  • We’ve solved the problem of the character’s EXP not carrying over after a rank reset, so the new item should let you reset your rank under class level 15 without going back to class level 1.
  • During the event period, players will be exempt from advancement quests, so you’ll be able to advance ranks directly without a quest. This applies to all characters, including those who don’t use the reset item.

The rank reset can be claimed once per day for any of your characters.

Hmmm
Please dont remove block penetration from STR and SPR
In reality if you want broke some one.block
U will need great power/strength And some dexterity
Please put back critcal rate and ressist
Back to the dex and cons
But make it lower
Like every multiply 5/10 increase 2-3 critcal rate/resist
So ppl who have 100 cons/ dex only have around 20-30 critical rate/resist
Then the more level you have the more bonus you get
Critical ressist , rate, status alignment resist,
Depending on charater level, Like every 5-10 level increase 1 critical rate/ resist/ block penetration/ status alignment resist

If you want to get realistic, it’s not breaking a block, it’s avoiding whatever they’re blocking with so you can hit them. Even then DEX having Block Penetration makes more sense balance wise. DEX>CON>STR>DEX, obviously it’s not that simple when taking into account all the other variables but it still creates strengths and weaknesses.

You can hold c and spam z to make it easier to use double weapon assault.

Sonic strike is main skill for falconer, it is not very usefull now even u will use pre-emptive strike. After this new system will it be more useless ? Do u think about allow use weapon to equip on falc companion (now only shield can be equip).
I will use full dex build qs 3 + falconer 3 = running shot + pre emptive strike (only sonic strike) will my falc atack more often this full dex, will it have limit (for example animation time)?

Fire Ball now only hit 1 time, so i guess Incinerate is stronger again

Yeah but still if ur overall attack speed increases u gonna have to be godlike Takahashi Meijin button masher to keep up, multiply that for many hours of farming, welcome ur new tendonitis/carpal tunnel. That’s why i suggest they change it to just holding Z+C

2 Likes

@STAFF_Ethan
https://tos-ktest.neet.tv/skills/40808

did they remove the SPR modifier in this skill?
it seems it’ll work like aspertion, % mdef, but Paladin’s Barrier will have too and a Stronger one: being a SPR mdef + % buff, being 50% at lv 5
and pardoner will give 45% of mdef at lv 15.

I think it’s important to keep SPR modifier in this skill because it’s good to open more options for the players, and mostly because many people says SPR is a useless stat.
currently, SPR stat in both Barrier and Increase Magick Deffense are actually pretty good and is one of the things which makes SPR stat shine. (for example my party doesn’t need sage because of Pardoner+Oracle Combination of mine in my build in high level magic mobs like Tymeris or so on, of course me being a full SPR character)

so with that in mind, they’ll really remove SPR modifier on Pardoner’s Increase magick deffense in the game?

I like the new fireball change. It lost synergy with linker but became a really good stand alone skill, around 480*2 (overheat) damage at level 15 every 15 sec with a decent AoE.

1 Like

:confused: weird how some people are so fixated on fireball when pyro has like what, 6 other skills? All of which are damage skills. Most of them are multi hit and aoe xD.
Glad they changed it and are going for a balance.

4 Likes

it is just the test server so nothing is yet final… people did complain how the fireballs were always being kicked away by melee. plus I bet they wanted to test different ways of nerfing the fb + link combo. they also got rid of fbs counting as objects for link combos on bosses so now other classes provide that benefit.

I hope they decide to get rid of other annoying mechanics such as taoist deleting certain friendly fire spells. hopefully they could still use such a mechanic by making it only work on enemy skills.

1 Like

IMC please don’t forget about Sadhus. Dex doesn’t affect Out of Body auto attacks at all.

7 Likes

Are there any plans on implementation of the balances on iToS in the near future? japanese ToS just announced they are getting it this month already.

thought they already said summer xD

Templars are on the future balance patchs? we really want to play like a leader in gvg’s and guilds raids … I think templars can be more than administrative leader and can be a “key” to both: guild PvE (Raids, Missions and BOSS) and guild PvP (Guild vs Guild).
Just a note: Templars are unique in the guild, there may be all sorts of players, but the leader is unique.
It would be great to explore this in the form of a leader who would encourage and bring his guild into battle against players or monsters.

Suggestions:

1. Do not limit the abilities of the Templar to weapons (such as the mortal slash).
  2. Decrease the cooldown of templar skills within the gvg arena (recall btw)
  3. More combative skills like Mortal Slash

This would encourage all kinds of builds to fit with Templar! ^^

So much this. SO MUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH