Tree of Savior Forum

Plans for Combat System Changes

@STAFF_Ethan GM please fix the booster pack im new player in the game
my problem is last morning i click 1 booster pack of lvl210 and then i dont received anything and the 4 booster pack has disappear … please fix
… ill wait 1 month if this still not fix im going to quit as early as possible :frowning: since this is a simple bug and i wont complain about the whitescreen. because i can fix that on my own thank you~

Team Name : SayomiLavender
Server : [SEA] Telsiai

You should have received compensation boost packs in your ‘Market Retrieval Tab’. Could you please check there and tell me if you don’t have anything there?

1 Like

I don’t know how i feel about this. I don’t think i like making def and mdef becoming the same “defense” stat, it’s one more thing that makes monsters less unique.

@STAFF_Ethan i received 1 out of 5 disappear but anyway thanks…

• Sees your pet
  • Iron Hook
    …you know the rest =)

Gee it is almost like the game was released 1 year ago…lol

I just remember how other games were at release so I don’t care if it takes them time. WoW at release didn’t even have pvp arenas, it was all open pvp. RO had pvp rooms but thats it.

Most MMOs start off pretty slow tbh.

1 Like

This one has been very painful though, mostly because of the lack of communication there was at the beggining.

I do agree things take time, but I also think that there’s only a small amount of time until people leave, this is a game after all.

1 Like

People has been saying the game will die since 1 year ago. We are still here, so meh.

On Korean forums a user bring back an interview from April 2016, and pointed out several planned features that become real to this day. We also have the rebalancing patch consisting on 3 big patches (Combat Balance being just the first one)

The game is moving, we do have information on their priorities, but yes, sadly not real real detailed process.

Rank 9 has been confirmed to be released this year. Which could easily mean december but still this year.

1 Like

TOS is moving to become Granado Espada 2.0, eternally low population.

1 Like

since dex affects normal atk speed,
is it possible to have spr also reduce casting animation speed / casting time or both?
eg, 1 spr reduce 0.05% cast time. so a 100spr will reduce 5% of cast time…

2 Likes

Str / Dex / Int should work with weapons and not as secondary bonus.

I don’t like to compare ToS with RO, but i’ll use RO attack formula as example:

• WeaponATK = ( BaseWeaponATK + Variance + STRBonus + RefinementBonus ) × SizePenalty

• Variance = ± 0.05 × WeaponLevel × BaseWeaponATK

• STRBonus (melee weapons) = BaseWeaponATK × STR ÷ 200

• DEXBonus (bows) = BaseWeaponATK × DEX ÷ 200

As fictional value: Lets assume i’m a swordsman and have a random sword +7 that gives me 500 basic attack and 120 additional attack from refinement with 100 Str.

My Weapon attack will be: (500+ Variance+250+120) x SizePenalty. Ignoring Variance and SizePenalty we have 870 damage to be applied in skill formula.

If i have 500 Str instead: ( 500 + Variance + 1250 + 120 ) x SizePenalty.
1870 damage ignoring SizePenalty and Variance.

This difference increases with higher attack weapons. I don’t know the best formula for ToS, but a full str build shouldn’t lose in dps against a full Con build.

Support the idea of SPR affecting cast/coldown. Would make a lot of classes more viable, like Rune Caster as a quick example.

As attributes are going to be kinda revamped too, give Necromancers a attribute that gives something like Pain Barrier to summons (may don’t need the dmg reduc if it’s difficult to balance but the not getting knock down one, and make it doesn’t work in PvP) cuz it’s a pain to see them get knocked by a boss and be kinda buggy/not able to help much on the killing of the boss. Plague Doctor attributes are pretty meh. Class is top notch one of the better ones from all trees, but attributes doesn’t do much other than enhances on damage. Incinerate one is kinda bad just passing down the remaining seconds and any other is quite meh. Having Cataphracts essentially needing to buy the “no knockback” attributes to not be so annoying to rest of party seems wrong. Should be otherwise or at least a lot less cost.

Wugushis are in a pretty tight spot as they would need a big chunk of STR to scale well (I’d assume even more after update) and all the others classes could still need/receive a lot of good things from DEX so please give the possibility to scale poison damage with Phys Att. I could crearly see by eqquiping different daggers that Phys Att of them doesn’t affect poison damage at all. Pretty sad.
Then consider giving some even if little interation with DEX, more poison ticks? Faster ticks?
Consider giving some skill like Plague Doctor’s vapour, maybe atttribute of Gu Pot or Jincan Gu.
I know wugushi isn’t the least picked class but sure need some love, everyone needs to build it with DEX and depend on the rank7-8 class to have good damage and I don’t think stat rebalance would essentially be all that Wugus need to be a great choice.

Rebalance/divide/work lower cleric ranks, there is no viable choice at the moment other than Dievdirbys. Sad but really true. Priests are always overshadowed by Pardoners so kinda useless, Krivis only source of damage is Zaibas that need some great love, 21 ticks on a single target-onlydmgsource spell? Pretty frustrating. Sadhu pretty bad as a whole. Bokor can’t do any of the two builds, maybe Effigy good again with stat rebalance but, zombie build… Making zombies as great as Skeletons would be just fine. Paladins… well, maybe after stat rebalance who knows.

If maps and all get into this discussion, make leveling less of a pain from 150 to 186 curve (maybe a grindable map? maybe making hunting grounds grindable with good exp?) fix 230 and 260 dungeon exp, only ones that are pretty bad. Just straight up amp the experience, just little to none maps are “grindable” that’s how low exp from mobs are. And some people likes to grind or just take a break from questing.

Having a good “wiki” or source we could check up would be good to new players. No need to just spoil how much DPK a item needs or something like that, if that’s part of the designed fun of the game, but, some items we just don’t know where to get and doesn’t even have such a good information on forums, a better Adventure Journal giving out where recipes and material are drop and from whom would be just enough.

Good luck with stat rebalances, sadly I’m pretty bad at math and couldn’t give any formulas or in depth analysis, other than wishing DEX affecting wugushis somehow that way they aren’t “losing” much by not going full STR and balancing DEX for the other archer classes and SPR giving a bit more of love to wizards, JUST summon attack is not enought, would be easily ignored by classes that doesn’t need summon. Could mess up with cooldowns a little or cast time/animation just like DEX is going to do with physical classes. Unfair if wizard/clerics get behind on this. A lot of wizards depend on “ticks” much like some physical counterparts. What if SPR and DEX both gives faster ticks too?

2 Likes

Spr affecting casts and cooldowns sounds pretty nice.

I feel like Dex should affect the attack speed of all skills, but some more than others. For instance, maybe it increases the speed of the select fewer skills (whatever they’ll be) by 1%, and then all other skills by .1% or maybe .05%.

That way Dex could be for whatever main skills you choose it for but also affect the rest of your skills, albeit less so.

1 Like

Can I just ask why Rogue got so much nerf? this class its already weak compare most other R5-R7 classes.

Its buggy, its weak, and it get a nerf? atleast when the new system is out you should talk about these buffs&nerfs and why are you doing it like most other games.

Dont just buff or nerf a class and never tell the player why ,bad idea.

3 Likes

Please look at the daggers. They all got higher patk.

1 Like

There need to be subweapons providing matk for Clerics and Wizards imo;
with the current setting, only hybrid builds and physical attack builds really profit from dual-wielding. Let’s hope to see some fairness compared to the dual-wielding Archers with their Cannons and Pistols (heck even 1hand swords) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

But for physical attackers the attack coming from a subweapon doesnt add up with the main weapon attack…

Interesting changes are coming, but i do feel like Block Penetrarion + Acurracy Should be merged into only 1(Aucrracy) this way it could hit Block users and Evasion users, but also adding a Cap limit to Evasion and block.

and 1 question regarding Archer skill Kneeling shot is it going to still be the same formula +(#+Dex) after patch? this skill has many downsides (1 not moving,2 not able to use skills, its power formula is based off dex) and with the coming combat system seems like it’ll be pointless to go past archer 1

@STAFF_Amy, @STAFF_Ethan

Really interesting changes. I’m excited with the news!

I am just worried about the impact of DEX changes while playing with high latency, since the damage per second output from auto attacks is way lower in comparisson with low latency. I think a lot of people from eg., Silute Server, wants to play DPS classes like Quarel Shooter.

Any info about it?
I would appreciate any feedback

Can anyone explain the changes about INT like I’m 10?
Is going full INT sill okay?