Tree of Savior Forum

Plans for Combat System Changes

most of the physical-dmg skills from higher rank are around 6000-8000, but the skills which deals magic dmg are only around 2000
and besides, there is a card called nuaele( add% mdef ) with which one can reach 5000-7000 mdef simply without transdence. thus magic skills except Malleus Maleficarum does only do 1 dmg in TBL.
but u cant simple stack your physical defense and even you can it is still impossible to only reach their base dmg of the skill,and there’s no cards with corrisponde effect on phy def.

But Casters were too strong in Rank 7 content, so they deserve to be garbage in rank 8 content. edit: /s

No class ‘deserves to be garbage’.

7 Likes

Tell that to hunter’s developer.

1 Like

Are you implying that Hunter is garbage? because in pvp they are considered something else :kissing:

1 Like

Is PvP this game’s strong point? or let me rephrase, is PvP game content well made?

It’s either going to be even better as Crit Rate will be harder to get, or it will end up getting rebalanced entirely.

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter, honestly.

Hunter may be whacky sometimes but it’s far from being garbage. The fix for the running away mobs will give Hunter 3 a major buff.

To be honest it isn’t if you’re playing solo, it is great to keep itself alive, however in party play its place is quite non existant.

I wouldn’t say that Hunter is non existant in party play, but rather it shines on very restricted situations. But let’s not forget that Hunter is a R3~R5 class and your style may vary depending on what you pick next.

More PvP, GvG nukers go for Hunter -> Musketeer
Support goes Hunter -> Falconer.

I for example decided to pick Mergen with Hunter and the result was acceptable, as Hunter provides the Single targeted/Area CC, Falconer gives me the increase AOE damage capability and Mergen for raw damage.

TLDR: Hunter is indeed a meh class when picked alone, what makes it good is how helpful it is for the classes you pick next.

I enjoy the pvp in this game. It is reminiscent of pvp in RO just a little slower paced.

1 Like

I as a hunter falconer am still trying to find a time and place in where growling or casting retrieve becomes relevant inside a rank 8 party.

Falconer I can accept its usefulness since aiming is great, circling is ok when you’re tagging along some physical classes and the ocasional magic missile.

However, growling? why should I cast it? enemies die in the time it takes for growling to start, it puts me at unnecesary risk if I try to growl a group of enemies that otherwise the party would of steamrolled.

Hunter place in party play is non existant, what can it do? great it hold one or many targets in place, they die in seconds and the party moves on: growling is on cd, what to do next? nothing it is not needed.

Retrieve/coursing are damage skills, single target, in a group of 10 enemies you got 10% of them unable to do anything but they die so fast that it doesn’t matter.

When enemies lived a lot, hit a lot at the beggining of rank 8 I found my place as a hunter, they burned it down and I’m back to useless as a hunter.

1 Like

I’m glad for you, enjoying content even though it is not well thought of yet and is kind of a placeholder.

Don’t get me wrong please, it is that PvP in this game is on diapers, it is not balanced, the arena is small, there is only one arena, only one game mode, allows rank 5 vs rank 8.

GvG is the same with only one arena, imbalance all over the place, CC has a great impact on who owns the arena, there’s no variety in the objectives as to avoid being spawn killed and other things, it is also in diapers.

Open GvG is a little better since you can call backup, this one I accept with all its flaws since you can maneuver around maps.

• Casts coursing on Remiri
  • Casts retrieve on Remiri
  • Repeat

=3

Im actually enjoying my improvised pvp build these days xD. And so cheap.

1 Like

Can some skill come back after combat system change? Like savagery, agressor and old frenzy?
Dex can effect dam per tick, animation skills? Like cyclone or moulinet(before obt this skill is long animation)
Leather armor will gain evasion by % or point as now?

PLS work in defensive stats we need a good balance for non atack builds and supports builds whit the actual change its so obvius all will make a DEX 500 builds whit str and hp items whit gems lvl 7 for crit rate or hp and a lvl 10 tracendence weapon if we dont have a good defense like counter defensive clases like rodelero paladin or peltasta will be take apart.
And yeah pls do a Real sistem for all roles Tanq -Dps -Supporth dont make the game a hack and slash pls if some one make a pure atack build make they flans make they a real glass canon

looks appear Magic defense and Phisical defense will be one now is only defense for the 2 dmg they are deleting stats i hate that beaause make this game more a hack and slash . non a RO more like a Maple story

haha n man whit this change all will use only plates sets virtov and other hp items for their dex builds i think they must do like the old rpg put str dex int and spr requirements for wear all items whit that we will have a real balance

Very encouraging to see such a dramatic change in the works. :slight_smile:

Good to see you recognize the necessity of resets in some cases. Hoping you will expand on it in the future. Perhaps, some sort of a grace period for skill point allocation that would allow players to actually test drive the skills they’re interested in before commiting the points? Or, at the very least, fix poorly worded, misleading and outright lying skill tooltips and other UI elements, please.

Best of luck.

1 Like

please fix the goddamn dungeon reset in telsiai
team motherland
server telsiai