Tree of Savior Forum

Planning a Wugushi

To be honest I rarely ever used that skill but whenever I did it seemed to me that bugs spawned only on mob’s death.

Going back to the topic, I’m heavily leaning toward A1/QS3/W3/BM2 since I really like AA builds. Although it won’t have many AoE skills, with Biteregina/Velnia Monkey card combo the single target mobs will melt very fast so I can live with that. The problem is the stats. Poison benefits from STR while Running Shot and Dual Gun Stance AA’s benefit from DEX. This is the question of if I want a stronger DoT or more AA’s, and I can’t decide which to choose.
If I go full STR: better poison DoT, phy atk and accuracy, but low ASPD
If I go full Dex: high ASPD, block pen, crit atk and evasion but low DoT & phy atk, and poison doesn’t crit
Help?

Also, how to build the reworked Wugu? After patch the skills will look like this:

[C1]
Detoxify max lv 1: I think everyone always skip this skill.
Latent Venom max lv 15 (? not confirmed): Poison that lasts 100 sec and gets stronger the longer it lasts.
Wugong Gu max lv 15: Same old.
Zhendu max lv 15: The buff is now fixed at 5 minutes duration.
Throw Gu Pot max lv 15: Now we can get 5 more lv’s in it. AoE skill (depending on the card you put in the pot)

[C2]
Wide Miasma max lv 10: New AoE skill.
Jincan Gu max lv 10: Our 3rd AoE. TBH never liked it that much, but now with 10 bugs to spread…

[C3]
Crescendo Bane max lv 5: Works very well as a combo with Latent Venom, cutting it down to 50 sec but doubling the tick rate and power of the poison.

With that I think the build should be:

Latent Venom at least 1lv
Wugong Gu at least 1lv
Zhendu at least 1lv
Throw Gu Pot max lv 15
Wide Miasma at least 1lv
Jincan Gu 0 or 10
Crescendo Bane max lv 5

There’s so many good new skills it’s hard to choose, I guess we’ll have to wait to see skill descriptions to choose best…

1 Like

Could you link your source? I’m worried they might go the MM route when they transferred MM from wiz3 to wiz2. They nerfed it so you needed lv10 MM to get 5 bounce missiles (before the change it only needed lv5 to get 5 bounce missiles.

The thing I liked about jincan gu is that:

• the 5 bug cap was per target per person hitting (5 players could spawn 25 bugs on a single boss)
  • all bug damage (even spawned by other players) counted to your damage

I tried watching bong’s videos but without commentary I can’t understand what’s going on. Can anyone who can test try and confirm if poisons don’t overwrite each other? Also how does crescendo bane interact with poisons from other sources (other wugs or pd or regina cards).

1 Like

I kinda concluded it from here. But it’s just theorycraft at this point.

It does, pistol shots are missile. But those don’t use bows so I don’t see the point either.

Off topic here. Seems like wugu1 will be important to any auto attack build huh?
The new zhendu adds another line of attack. So I think the meta arch2-QS3-falc3-mergen(or BM) should swap the arch2 with wugu1?

What do you guys think? And any idea for Schwarzer reiter? I’m thinking with few circles of ranger.

If the trend of “harder content = higher def/mdef/hp” then yeah, wug1 will be more important to AA builds because blessing will be more important. In fact, QS running shot will be less valuable because even though it gives AA’s a SF, it is still subject to def. It helps that xbows get def penetration, but that xbow attribute is available for being archer1. That said archer3 will be better for AA build since aspd increases with lv on that skill.

Guys, question:
I decided to go with A1/QS3/W3/BM2 AA build but I have a problem picking which stat to invest in. AA builds are usually full DEX but I can’t decide in this case.
If I go full STR: better poison DoT, phy atk and accuracy, but low ASPD, however poison ticks will act as a secondary line of attack
If I go full Dex: high ASPD, block pen, crit atk and evasion but low DoT & phy atk, and poison doesn’t crit
Help? This really bugs me.

Here’s some things to think about.

-AA builds currently really only focus on lines of atk if you plan to do high lv content. This is because of the asinine thinking of higher lv content means higher def/mdef. These values tend to be so high your additional damage from running shot (even at 200%) will do very little. So in higher lv content DEX for aspd wins out over STR for raw damage.

For low lv content “it doesn’t really matter”. It’s raining silver in current content (sausys and the like) just get a cheap +11 purple weapon and you are good to go. If you have more money to throw around get a +16 red weapon and you can forget about STR for raw damage. Just make sure you have enough STR to hit because the logic in this game is you need STR to be accurate.

BTW, you should ask around if BM’s lose out on One-handed Bow Mastery: Ignore Defense if they go double gun stance? That’s 25% def ignored and will be important if you plan to do high lv content.

As I thought, DEX all the way. I guess that’s why Wugu’s a green class - it’s just a support for your main class (BM in my case). I’ll get STR from equipment.

Thanks for claryfing :slight_smile:

I they made it so poisons (not poison element but the debuff) ignore def then wugs would be in business.

There is an argument for STR though. Ignore defense. You get 25% from xbow and 15% (half for bosses) if you have devaluation from appraiser. In this era of logarithmic def, 40% ignore def is a lot. Just to screw with you making up your mind about DEX, FMJ on BM1 ignores 50% def.

Makes me wish DGS ignored x% def per skill lv instead of +10% damage.

Sir, you are messing with my brain. So in the end what’s better overall, STR or DEX?

Well you picked a class that can potentially ignore 90% def on a low cd skill so I honestly don’t know. DEX with a pimped out weapon I guess.

If you go a3 instead of qs3 you get 300 aspd from kneeling shot AND what ever DEX you have is converted to atk (not as strong as STR but it’s still atk).

Hm. Then I better ask if my build is on point.

Archer - just generic c1 skills. OS for levelling.
QS - Again genericness. Picked RF over Stone Picking/Shot because one skill is being deleted and I don’t wanna pay for ammo I’m rarely going to use anyway.
Wugu part don’t matter since it’s being revamped anyway.
BM - here’s the problem.
DGS: 5/5 is a must since this is AA build.
SB: I heard 1 in this is enough but 5 would give me full uptime.
BO: 10/10 best BM skill so not maxing it is a waste.
This leaves me with 14/10 points to spend, so I’d like to ask for help with picking the best ones.

1 in tase and 1 in smash bullet, then focus on the Aoe skills (except napalm because it’s terribad) since single target is already covered by auto atking

Then is 3 in RIP ok? Cuz MD wit ricochet attribute is like Bounce Shot I heard. Or should I drop 4 points from SB and put them in RIP? I’d honestly keep the full uptime on the buff, but if it isn’t worth it then I’ll drop it.

I decided to go with a3>wugu3>musq3

good build?

Very good. Go full STR for best effect. It’s basically one of Musketeer’s metas XD

1 Like

What is the best card for wugu in throw gu pot is still honeypin or there is better card for that?

That depends on what effect you like, really. Personally I like Honeypin and Biteregina. Check this thread, all the effects are linked with videos there.

The way you worded this

Hmm, it’s hard for me to tell. While Sapper c3 would give you Broom Trap 10, which is an awesome skill IMO, you’d be losing the Archer c2 attribute from Swift Step. I honestly can’t tell if that’d be worth it or not. But with Musketeer as a main class and the rest as support this is certainly a viable build. Traps and poison disturb the enemy while you use Musk’s superior firepower finishes the job.

suggested to me that you were considering A1 Sap3 Wugu2 Musket3, which is impossible since Sapper is a rank 3 class and Wugushi is a rank 4 class.

Then again, maybe I misunderstood your post. :tired: