Tree of Savior Forum

Planning a Wugushi

Some people are saying wugushi will be important for AA builds, but if zhendu doesn’t stack with enchant fire wouldn’t it be a waste to take wugu1 for it rather than use enchant fire scrolls? Or am I missing something?

Nah, my bad, totally forgot that Sapper is r3 class.

That… I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Yeah :o sorry if that’s a bit off topic, I just saw some people mentioning it here.
And I saw someone saying they don’t stack in the comments here:

enchant fire lv1 just adds one line, zhendu lv15 scales on str/patk (don’t know yet) and could do a good dmg in itself while also adding a line of damage

Yeah, for str builds the damage might be nice. I mentioned wugu1 which would be level 5 zhendu. I was thinking more along the lines of AA builds that are dex oriented, and whether it would be worth it to have one circle of wugushi or if they would benefit more from taking another class & just using enchant fire (for example, putting one rank of wugu into SR or QS builds).

Guys, just two Things that came into my mind right now

1- goig zendhu just for one extra line of aa is dumb, no? Because it cancels enchant fire. So if you plainly want a extra line it is better to just pay 3,5k silver and get a scroll to do the work.

2 - zendhu seems to havr a ridicolously high scalling right now, nekorin posted a ss of ktest wugu with 418str and lvl 15 zendhu giving over 10k bonus poison dmg. Isn’t this kind of dmg that bypass defense? If yes than wugu will surely either get nerfed or become a must for meta AArchers.

My guess is, attack speed increased by dex scales hard in higher dex levels so there will probably be a magic ratio of STR:Dex that does the most amount of damage when taking Zendhu into considaration for AA builds. I’d love to see someone cracking that ratio though , ToS needs more math.

IS this confirmed to be intended? Also, zhendu was already nerfed when it got implemented in ktos (10k down to 700 i believe).

Well, they said it on the dev blog so it should be intended.

This nerf was to severe tough, damn.

Sad. The nerf is consistent. Everything they “come up with” lately that is really good (to the point of OP) is later rendered uses. Look at zealot, inquisitor, druid …

And I completely agree with zhendu vs ench fire. 1 rank is completely too expensive for the same effect achievable with a scroll.

i’ve always loved wugushi for it’s concept so i’ve theorycrafted various builds arround it, even made a guide about the class (im going to re-release an update version once the patch comes), also noticed some people tend to ignore some gamechanging factors within this class, i’ll share some here.

-Velnia monkey: this is quite obvious to anyone since +30% phys dmg to poisoned enemies it’s hard to miss, however they still neglect things like bitteregina cards or jincangu Both poison debuffs that proc the velnia monkey effect. specially jincangu wich has a 60s duration. while bitteregina can have no downtime if you stack DoT debuffs of any kind on a enemy.

-Poison dmg ignores normal defense: it is elemental dmg wich can only be reduced by poison defense wich is really hard to get in PvP, also skills like jincangu or gu pot behave like magic circles so they ignore block and evasion (also melts dispells) also if the DoT debuff its already active it will ignore most of PvE inmunities or barriers.

-DoT Effects Proc: Any poison debuff applyes damage over time, and each tick of poison counts toward any “hit based effect” things like Biterregina and frosterlord will proc A LOT, any wugushi C3 on the current version of iTos can have 100% uptime on bitteregina.

-MASINIOS 2H BOW: most people are so obsesed with artillery builds (canon, musket, gun , AA) so much that they fail to notice the sweet critical resistance debuff that this bow provides. counting all the poison ticks (+biteregina if you happen to have one) you can easily stack 200 critical resistance debuff on any high hp monster. combine that with either Archer 3 or Rouge and there you have an awsome Critical support in wugushi.

Do consider Archer/Falcon/Rouge/Merguen builds !!

2 Likes

& @shina_tseng
I have a Wugushi 3 - Falconer 3.
They don’t have as many synergies as other builds, but it still works. Wugushi’s insects actually benefit from Aiming. The hit box is bigger, so they spread more faster to all the mobs around and thus kill faster.
My Wugushi is great at group-bursts: I aggro as many mobs as possible together, then my insects or/and birdy do all the work for me.
I don’t think it’s an incredibly powerful build or a hidden gem, but it does work. And poison damages being calculated with poison resistance and not direct resistance is a huge boost.
The bigger CON is that your single target damages are lacking compared to if you’d go Musketeer, for example, but it’s obvious. Might change with the new modifications though.

My Wugushi has a Primus Raffye Bow that is +10 (if I remember correctly), no transcendence and he has no STR invested (because I had planned on heavily pimping him, but then a quit =P), so he’s really not heavily geared but he’s had no problem at all killing.

1 Like

Too many people say otherwise.

I heard a rumor lately which leads to this question: is Biteregina card going to be nerfed? And if, what’s it effect going to be changed to?