Tree of Savior Forum

Planning a Wugushi

Hello

I always liked the Wugushi class despite the general public’s hatred for it (which I totally cannot understand). With the upcoming class changes I thought about coming back to it.

But I have a bit of problem making a good build for it, so I’d like to ask for help on choosing the best possible combination.

On a side note, I tend to have high ping, so I like Wugu because DoT does the work for me XD I could pick Plague Doctor for that but:
a) I get Wugu as early as rank 4 while PD is available at rank 7 and even then it’s best skill (Black Death Steam) is only available at rank 8.
b) While PD’s poison may be stronger Wugu has a lot small poisons allowing it to constantly keep target poisoned.
c) Clerics are boring as fug to play.

So far I came up with:

1. A3/W3/SR3

Pro’s:

• Biteregina/Velnia Monkey card combo coupled with SR’s Limacon would keep the targets practically constantly poisoned.

Con’s:

• Poison damage stacks with STR, and SR is best with full DEX to constantly pellet the enemy with basic attacks.
  • Throw Gu Pot dismounts the player.
  1. A1/QS3/W3/BM2

Pro’s:

• Simillar to the previous choice, but here QS’s Running Shot + BM’s Dual Gun Stance do the work…

Con’s:

• Simillar to the previous choice.
  • Practically no AoE skills.
  1. A3/W3/M3

Pro’s:

• Wugu’s and Musketeer’s benefit from full STR.

Con’s:

• Practically no AoE skills.
  1. A1/R3/W3/M2

Pro’s:

• Wugu’s and Mergen’s benefit from full STR.
  • Good AoE.
  • Bow for high attack.
  • With Steady Aim getting reworked it’s finally worth to take Ranger into a build.

Con’s:

• Biteregina/Velnia Monkey card combo is not as effective as with the first 2 choices, unless it works with skills, then this point is invalid.

That’s all I came up with so far. Please share your ideas so we can brainstorm ^^

My friend, using your post with your excuse, i think in: Arq2, Sap2, Wugu2 and Musk3. Is this a viable way? I’m like you ever thinking in create a Wugu, and maybe this is the time… This build depends on STR only… Has strong DOT and damage on Musk… What do you think?

About AOE in The build A3 Wugu3 Musket 3, this link says that Musk have a lot of AOE. But It is in Portuguese.

Hmm, it’s hard for me to tell. While Sapper c3 would give you Broom Trap 10, which is an awesome skill IMO, you’d be losing the Archer c2 attribute from Swift Step. I honestly can’t tell if that’d be worth it or not. But with Musketeer as a main class and the rest as support this is certainly a viable build. Traps and poison disturb the enemy while you use Musk’s superior firepower finishes the job.

That’s what Google translate’s for :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yes, this is what i think. But look, you dont loose Swift Step passive. The Build is Arc2 Sap2 Wugu2 Musket3

I meant IF you dropped Archer c2 for Sapper c3 to get BT lv10 (IMO it’s an awesome skill). Sorry for not being more precise.

Oh no, its ok! Its really a thing… Drop for Sap3 or Wugu3. Buut… I think Arc2 and SS are better for Musket

Yes, that’s why we’re here to find a good build XD Personally I’m aiming for Wugu c3.

As for the build you linked, it’s very good but I’d drop Appraiser from it since Musketeer doesn’t benefit from Overestimate which is mainly why people bring App to their builds. For that build I’d pick Rogue c1 because you can use Capture to keep the Broom Trap and use it later, and thanks to this you can use BT even 3 times one after another or 2 BT’s at once! Sapper c2-3 works very well with Rogue c1.

To be honest, in your build I’d drop Wugu for Sapper c3 and Rogue c1, but that’s only my opinion, mainly because I really like that combo. Wugu c2 is a good option too. But hey, experiment and find what you like best ^^

poison doesn’t really crit does it? I don’t think you should worry for crit damage so much.

Anyways, there is also the build QS3-Wugu2-Musk3 or Can2 , an AA build making use of another line from Zendhu.

My personal favorite would be ranger wugushi and mergen for sure. Always loved archers that can use a bow and the ranger - mergen sinergy looks cool.

Though If I try a mergen I will make him a Fletcher for some reason I like those 2 together.

1 Like

Yeah, but I picked W3/BM2 for that build because reworked Zhendu works really wel with RS+DGS. It may even be possible to drop Biteregina card if Zhendu poisons the enemy if I understand right.

That’s a good choice because you get wugu for bossing and ranger and mergen for AoE <3

w8 untill some say if attk speed increase the DoT rate. if its works archer 3 wushi 3 falco 3 its the one for wushis

Just to confirm, jincan gu still has a chance to spawn bugs on hit right, not just from death?

since u brough the topic, lemme ask a question, how about

a1-r2-wugu3-falc3?

thoughts?

Ranger is a missile dmg type of class and steady aim gives only +% missile dmg so it doesn’t synergize with either wugushi or falconer.

Falconer with Aiming and Circling is a big help for certain skills that needs aoe or can hit more the targets more time thanks to aiming, but wugushi skills ignore aoe ratio (unless they changed something with the revamp) and they mostly don’t make great use of aiming.

Also you’re taking wugushi3 on rank9 instead of something much more beneficial like mergen, all in all the classes in your build don’t synergize at all

(of course that’s just my opinion)

thx mate, make sense, i tought that the new steady aim was a falt 15% dmg not only missile

I think i’ll go

A>R3>W1(it’s gonna be STR based anyway and many c2 skills goin to C1)>Fa3>Me

Is this even possible? At rank 2 you can only choose Archer/QS/Ranger isn’t it?

wugushi does not benefit frm steady aim?? :confused:

The new skill Crescendo Bane halves the DoT time but doubles the tick rate and poison damage. ASPD has nothing to do with DoT.

Jincan Gu always spawns bugs on mob’s death, never on hit.

I guess it’s fine as a filler class.

What’s possible? I don’t get your question.

No. Wugushi’s attacks are all damage over time rather than missile type. Classes that benefit from the new Steady Aim rework would be Archer, Ranger, Fletcher, SR, BM, QS, Cannoneer, Musketeer and Mergen since they deal mostly with missile skills. I don’t know if it works with Reiter, Marker and Quarrel auto attacks though. Check out tosgbase skill planner, is it says [Missile: x] in the skill description then SA buffs it. So SA would only buff Wugong Gu’s initial damage, not the DoT.

I did my tests when this skill came out. They spawned on hits as well as death. This was a bossing tool. It’s been a while since I specced out of wug3 because I stopped doing mission.