Tree of Savior Forum

[Petition] to protest OMG as tw/hk/cn publisher

someone come flag these 2

日本不是亞洲是歐洲wwwww
請問你地理是體育老師教的嗎?
這種程度也敢出來丟人

他的意思是"如果日本不是亞洲, 難道是歐洲阿?" 你要罵得不是他地理好不好, 而是不會用標點符號.

EN forum
English please

1 Like

简直逗b…

I apologized for making this thread a bit messy. The reason we want to unblock our IP is that we’ve joined and test the Closed Beta server, and I mentioned this,

The main reason behind certain regions being region locked is because we had distribution agreements with those regions long before the decision to publish Tree of Savior on Steam.

We had agreed to distribute Tree of Savior in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau before planning on the Steam release, and were able to develop Tree of Savior with their help.

I thought there is a qualification to play CB servers and can be found here.

1. Requirements and Exceptions

There is no limit on the number of testers so anyone who registers through [Register for 2nd Beta Test] Button on TOS homepage will be selected as Beta Testers.

However, our fans from the countries like Korea, Japan, China, Indonesia and the other countries where we have our local publishers will be excluded from the test. We seek for your kind understanding in advance.
TOS(Eng. Ver) 2nd Beta Test Schedule

So the decision is made after the CBT2?

Is the game going to be IP blocked? when released?

We know all that imc needs is profitability.
OK. Let me simply show you how profitable in this situation.

Make a hypothesis:

Steam get 30% commision on everything the cash shop sells.
X2Game get 10% commision on everything the cash shop sells.

70% players are willing to take out their wallet in steam version.
(If you cancel out the region restriction from steam version, not only me, everyone will actively convince each other to do more shopping. So maybe you can get 80% or higher!!)
50% players are willing to take out their wallet in X2Game version.
(Oh dude come on guys you know OMG= X2Game will NEVER get such a high percentage… I overestimate the number just out of sympathy.)

The lifespan of steam version is more than two years.
(I believe this game can live forever because a lot of players are super willing to support you.)
The lifespan of X2Game version is less than one years.
(NEVER forget Tera online… Three months…)

Conclusion:
imc get (1-0.3)*70%=49% profitability in steam version more than one year.
imc get (1-0.1)*50%=45% profitability in X2Game version less than one year.

Steam version always win.

11 Likes

agree. spending money on steam version are much better compared to spending it on shitty local publisher.

1 Like

X2Game management game compared to the uncertainty. I have the will in Steam version willingness to spend (X2Game You’re not going to touch my wallet)

only took four months for a popular game like Tera to close the server in Taiwan under the hand of OMG …it’s just amazing…lol

i think IMC will probably regret sooner than later, because they choose to let
OMG publish their game without doing some research, i hope the money IMC got from the contract is worth it

anyway it is really hard to imagine ToS Taiwan server will last before the contract ends, and it is definitely impossible that the contract will be renewed

so knowing that either you just don’t spend any while playing in Taiwan server or just wait for IMC to decide that it is wiser to just cancel the contract and unlock the region

i mean i really like this game, but knowing that everything you grind for might be gone sooner than you think…i just simply don’t have any motivation to play in the Taiwan server

but for those of you who decides to play in this Taiwan server, just keep in mind the fact i mentioned above if you are not familiar with OMG or played Tera Taiwan server before, i just don’t want to see any more victims like me…

1 Like

Yeah, it’s quite obvious a good chunk of players cannot play on an English server if they can’t even post on the forums in English. (Honestly, what good is it to complain in a language the staff can’t even read without Google Translate butchering your words?)

And you guys are mighty funny to think the developers might not even be even close to being as greedy as the publishers. They have more incentive to ask for more money from the players since they’re the ones who actually make the game.

Also, there’s bad, greedy English publishers, too. You’re rather jaded to think only Taiwan publishers are bad.

Here’s what you can do: boycott the Taiwan publisher and when they’ve shut down their TOS server, then you can join the English server.

trust me, not only 80% but 95% will quit playing this game under OMG publishing. OMG does not just once lying us, but from a game to another game. only the stupid people will continue to play their game, right?

imagine what they did to the TERA-TW for the first few months back to 2012 if i remember correctly. the first 3 months everything were great, population increased every week. until then, this greedy company had come out with newer strategies:

TERA-TW (OMG) without package = 50% EXP from a monster
TERA-TW (OMG) with package A = 80% EXP from a monster
TERA-TW (OMG) with package B = 90% EXP from a monster
TERA-TW (OMG) with package C = 100% EXP + 10% BONUS EXP from a monster

after this MT, the bahumut forums were flooded by complains. but then we got this respond from OMG:

OMG claimed they have right to do any adjustment as long not breaching the policy from the developer that has been originally signed the contract.

well then, 60% population just quit in the sudden night (around March 2013). but i don’t know how TERA survived until Aug 2015 (or may be contract tie until the date) and then they finally shut down. i even couldn’t find people on the maps when i logged in occassionally before OMG shut down it, so sad…

the worst part is, after these swarm of complains, they did not feel any regret on their acts. they did not even give efforts to find any better solution to overcome the players. we awaited, but then disappointed. now you see, why OMG is so stubborn and the company has really branded bad as TW / HK game publisher from the players? even i have played RO1 under Gravity publishers, they did not dare to ignore customers. somehow only the responses are slower a bit.

1 Like

Why?? Have you ever bothered by troll Taiwanese players?
Although they don’t post on this forum, not means they don’t have ability to read and response some simple communication in English. If they get questions or trouble, they will ask for help in the bahumut forum. They can help themselves.

We made a more complete traditional chinese language package BY OURSELVES and never ever request any other aid from the official. It’s never a a problem for us to play in the English environment.

All we needs is a rite to make choice on what version we really want. Why Indonesia an Brazil have both side choice even if they’ve got a local publisher but in Taiwan X2Game is just a small platform that demands on blocking us from steam version and we players have no choice ??

If we really want to save this game, we need VOICE OUT right now so as not to regret after X2Game version already release and waste a lot of time watching this game die.

2 Likes

What I want is no IP block, please.

I dont care if OMG is running or not, but give us a basic player right to join steam as all know TW/HK are fighting for international server not just 1,2 days, but year.

Show us respect, give us hope as we are all game lovers.

if the contract already signed with X2 which STEAM is only ToS to be blocked for access, make us access at least SEA, EU, JP for next ToS release. the best way IMC protect the players as well as not breaching X2 contract policies.

we will let OMG die by this way of boycott.

1 Like

THIS GAME IS OVER in Taiwan,Honkong and maccau

agree.

any @STAFF saw this?

IMC already said that the contract has been decided. Neither X2GAME nor IMC are going to back out of the agreement now that money has been exchanged for the contract, so the only thing players can do now is simply boycott X2GAME until they shut down their server and English TOS expands their region to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau. Actions speak louder than words.

3 Likes

Make no mistake, Indonesia is IP blocked.