Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin build compendium

Throw in some SPR to keep up with mana and you will be fine. Your defense reduction debuffs (Deprotect Zone & Monsterance) will also get some scaling.

@Insomm

How do you add 2.5 int?:smiley:

5:2:2, but it was an approximation, after logging in I realized it was much closer to 2:1:1

@Insomm - seems you have tested Paladin quite a bit. Could you elaborate on how does restoration aura work? Does it add flat 100 - 437 (l15+attribute) to each heal ‘tick’? During Korean beta someone reported pulling absurd numbers with this aura, far exceeding the above mentioned value. Perhaps it works differently?

What I can tell you is the following:

113 INT Heal level 5 heals me (~7k hp) for around 1.2k
w/ lvl 5 Restoration and lvl 1 attribute it heals for around 1.7k

Whether the attribute has an effect on the healing or not I do not know yet. Whether this bonus healing is a flat bonus or %based I do not know either.

I could further test this but it’d take more time than I’m willing to spare right now (have barely been playing), perhaps during the weekend I will do this test and get back to you.

With 7khp, 113 int and lvl 5 heal you should be healing for 1080 - 1150. Maybe you have some more HP or a heal attribute, so that matches the ‘around 1.2k heal’. But increase of around 500 from lvl 5 aura? With no attribute I assume? Thats around 3 times as much as I would have expected from skill description (+168).

No rush to test it, but if you do, please share your results.

The description is to due with the extra regen the skill gives. There’s no mention at all about the extra healing on the skill description, it’s a hidden effect of the skill.

The heal amount should be 1080-1150 according to the tooltip, like you said, but for some reason it is 1150-1250 roughly. The only Heal attribute I have even bought is the no damage one, and I have tested it on/off just to make sure and it still heals for 1150-1250.

Hello, i want to be paladin but it’s kinda hard to solo the Priest (STR path), any suggestion to lvl up? xD

remember to upgrade your weapon as much as you can afford and have a sword at hand to abuse enemy weakness ( upgraed as well) this will increase your output massively

As mentioned by Rhagius, have a backup weapon and have them both reasonably upgraded.

I carried a mace and a sword in between +3-+5 the whole time until I swapped to INT. Blessing adds a bunch to your damage, so be willing to spend some money on the Holy Powders, you will make it back in no time. If you can save up for a pet do so. Pets will pull aggro and add a bit to your damage, but your Blessing will also affect your pet, so that’s quite big.

I attempted running some tests with monsters, but after quite a bit of frustration I decided to call it.

With the small amount of data I gathered the only thing that I can say with certain confidence is that Restoration has a boost to healing that does not increase with the level of the skill. Whether you have Restoration lvl1 or lvl5 the healing boost is the same.

• INT 113, 7k HP, x5 healing panels
  • Restoration lvl0 - 1186, 1187, 1211, 1235, 1259 - 1215.6 average
  • Restoration lvl1 - 1576, 1652, 1667, 1673, 1713 - 1656.2 average
  • Restoration lvl3 - 1563, 1584, 1592, 1632, 1732 - 1620.6 average
  • Restoration lvl5 - 1572, 1575, 1639, 1651, 1653 - 1618 average

I’d like to run further tests on this at some point just to confirm, however these seem believable.

I then wanted to figure out whether the increase was flat or % based, so I reset my stats and did tests at different amounts of INT.

• INT 8, 4.3k HP, 5x healing panels
    • Resto 0 - 673, 679, 701, 704, 712 - 693.8 average
    • Resto 5 - 899, 914, 951, 952, 953 - 933.8 average

240 or 34.6% increase

• INT 42, 4.3k HP, 5x healing panels
  • Resto 0 - 739, 739, 763, 774, 783 - 759.6 average
  • Resto 5 - 982, 1024, 1091, 1102, 1103 - 1060.4 average

300 or 39.6% increase

• INT 100, 4.3k HP, 5x healing panels
  • Resto 0 - 870, 874, 893, 904, 909 - 890 average
  • Resto 5 - 1203, 1236, 1236, 1248, 1360 - 1256.6 average

366 or 41.2% increase

• INT 205, 4.3k HP, 10x healing panels
  • Resto 0 - 1049, 1059, 1067, 1070, 1082, 1083, 1090, 1115, 1130, 1153 - 1089.8
  • Resto 5 - 1551, 1576, 1581, 1649, 1652, 1660, 1717, 1718, 1741, 1781 - 1662.6

573 or 52.6% increase

What these tell me is there’s no fixed value, but rather a value that is based on either INT or the value of the Heal (INT/HP). I did not get to test differences with CON in the build. I did try INT 100 CON 40, and I was testing INT 100 CON 90 before I gave up, therefore data is incomplete.

Anyone who would like to pick up where I left is more than welcome to.

I recommend you get a mob to aggro your pet and then turn it off on the pet window. As long as you don’t attack the mob it will attack the place where the pet last was, so you can take some hits to get your heal panels. Be wary people seem not to respect !!DONT KILL messages or anything else, so you’ll probably have to set this up every 2-3 panels.

Apologies about the limited/inconclusive data.

Thank you very much for the test.

We can see that with aura the variance appears to grow. Maybe however it is still in a 10% range? I think the data sample is too small to say with certainty, that this effect is not dependent on skill level. Note, that for level 1 and 3 you hit 1.7k+ hits, which you did not for lvl5 aura. If however it is true, this would be a good news of people who plan to get paladin1 on their way to other classes. Clearly this effect is much more valuable, than the increased natural regen.

Looking at the scaling part of your tests, it appears to me, that the increase is roughly proportional to the int-based component of your heal (full heal amount -430 you get from HP).

The double variance, assumption that effect does not depend on skill level and later correlation lead me to a speculation, that restoration doubles the non-hp based component of heal. At this point this is a speculation and requires further testing (especially since we can’t even match the expected and actual heal values without aura). If anyone however sees something that would straight out rule out this speculation - please post.

I do get 1.7k heals with Restoration on 5, it’s just the sample size is too small, as you mentioned. Sadly after I saw how much of a pain it’d be to test this without proper help I half-assed the rest of it.

Doubling the INT portion seems to roughly fit every one of the tests, but would require more data to confirm. Making sure the HP portion is not in it (testing for CON) would also have been nice.

I plan on going smite pally as an offtank dont think full tank needed. Currently priest2 max dex build. Why am i reading the str spr build is better than dex. Doesnt dex still scale better

Dex does not scale “better”.
Dex needs a good amount of damage to bypass your enemies defense since it multiplies your damage after that reduction.

Specifically if you’re cleric and you’re using a weak 1hander and almost no attack skills that means your auto atk damage is going to be a lot more important. (should be the same for some other builds as well, like quarrel shooter)
Secondly all our added damage from buffs and certain pieces of equipment cannot crit. They still get reduced by defenses though.
Lastly you also need to incorporate size types, which i can’t find enough info on yet. But small weapons should have another penalty vs large monsters.

Typically meaning that for us bypassing that defense is far more important, with perhaps only monk being able to go full dex.

Spirit for clerics is especially good because of how many functions it has for us. It boosts crit chance and dmg if we have zalciai. It removes more then 1+ def per point with deprotected zone and monstrance.
We still get block penetration, which some mobs do have but not usually in large amounts. And tons of sp/magic defense is good too.
Downside is that it’s annoying to cast said buffs constantly, but yes damage is far better. And that’s not even counting that it adds said damage for teammates as well.

Spirit/Dexterity is a bit of a odd duckling, it doesn’t provide enough crit chance on it’s own. (at least not without zalciai) And doesn’t remove enough defenses to make crit really good.

That’s where str comes in for that default damage, it’s always there. It’s just good to have so your damage doesn’t fall off if you don’t have debuffs/buffs up. But it scales horribly with high dmg skills. Ironically str is best combined with dexterity for that sweet 2.5 dmg potential on a crit.

Which leaves us with str/dex builds close to 3str/6dex. Plenty of evasion and dmg. But not really enough space to put enough spirit in there.

At least for now, it might very change depending on how level 200+ monsters are designed.

Dex does scale better. Monstrance scales with the amount of dex the user currently has. Here’s a link to a post where I’ve put alot of info in : Paladin thoughts?
Basically, your DEX scales alot better than SPR because of Monstrance, which WILL give you good enough crit rate to bump up your average damage by alot without investing too many points into it. Not to mention the extra amount of Accuracy you’ll need for PvP.

Zalcai DOESN’T boost crit chance. It only boost your Crit Attack, meaning your crit will do more damage, but that doesn’t matter if you don’t have any DEX. The amount of magic defense you get from spirit is also irrelevant. +0.2 magical def per SPR is useless.
We already get a good amount of block pen from levels. The formula is : Level * 0.5 + SPR. So, a lvl 100 has 50 block pen with 0 SPR. And you’d basically only benefit from block pen when you’re facing some1 that has a shield and alot of CON. Which is almost never going to happen
The one good thing about having more SPR for a Paladin imo, is the -1 def per SPR from deprotected zone(It doesnt remove more then 1 def per point).
I’ve never had any SP problems with a 0 points in SPR build, we already have good SP recovery, especially with Restoration’s +50SP regen attribute. I have 132 SP regen with Restoration buff up, and 1.1K SP, it’s pretty good imo.

Having a STR build with SPR instead of DEX : Alot of Crit Attack, great amount of SP and Damage while fighting an enemy under Deprotected zone.
Str build with DEX instead of SPR : Alot of Crit Attack and good Crit Rate, okay amount of SP and ALOT of damage when you crit.

I personally feel like the SPR oriented build is better for PvE, and the Dex one is better for PvP

This is important if you intend on DPSing as a Paladin, but if you are playing the support it becomes much less important. Worth mentioning you can always socket green gems to get some crit rate if you really want that crit on a SPR heavy build.

This. However, I don’t see the point of building focusing on PvP on a CBT that has no PvP balance. Also worth mentioning skills will most likely change so much until release that all the stat/skill allocation discussions we are having will most likely be wrong by then.

If you plan on PvPing by all means, do not leave DEX low, you will need it. If you are PvEing however, SPR is your friend. That first proc of a Deprotected Zone does wonders to your group’s damage as well as yours.

At the end it comes down to the aim of your build. Deprotected Zone is a useless skill for PvP, so you might as well ignore it entirely. Turn Undead, which could have its uses for PvE, is also completely useless for PvP. Smite, which does lots of damage for PvE, is also useless for PvP. Always tailor your build according to what you wish to do.

Cute, but wrong.

The point still stands though, dex does not uniformly scale better. hell it doesn’t even scale at all, it solely multiplies. It needs a specific set of criteria for it to out damage strength that depends the situation at hand. (high base dmg, low enemy defenses, good crit attack bonus, good but not to high or to low crit chance.)
That and int + str get 20% more default stat points…

Monstrance scales nicely with high dex is what you are getting at. And even that is of limited use when you consider that the higher the dex you have the less you’ll need it. Because crit chance past 100% does not improve your damage.

Zalciai does boost crit chance, it just does so with it’s crit resistance lowering debuff.
Critical Rate Formula Discussion .

You have a point on pvp accuracy though, but you also nicely ignored that spirit builds provide the lowered defense and improved crit dmg/chance for the entire team. That’s probably going to be of influence as well.

Your block argument is flawed as well, considering you ignore the possibility of pvp enemies having skills like stone skin or better. Otherwise it’s pve enemies still blocked me on a rare few occasions despite being lvl 130. It’s still rarely that useful though.

Monstrance, not just deprotected zone. Also helps a tiny bit vs evasion but not much.
And deprotected sword attribute helps it lower defense additionally if it wasn’t bugged atm. Which we should expect a fix for.

Clerics have very good sp regen i’ll give you that. Didn’t take the attribute into account either. Good point. Still i do prefer having plenty of sp (which generally doesn’t require much points for clerics) to be self sufficient. Esp as a healer.

Str/Dex hybrids are really good, i’ve been saying that for a long time now.
Spr/Dex might work better at much higher level, but as of now i simply didn’t have enough stat points to make it viable. To little crit chance, to little defense reduction. Worst of both worlds at lvl 130. Not worth it without zalciai at least.

I believe his point was PvP-centric, but then again you might as well try and kill people with Aspersion, you won’t be hitting high dex Rogues and such. Chances are no Archer/Wiz will let you walk up close to them as a Pala to aa, and look at all that CC, damage, and mobility that you pack… Pala is a support class, no questions asked. Damage should be only a secondary thought.

Can paladin make a good melee in your face dps build with some heals like WoW’s paladin? And is it viable in pvp?