Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin build compendium

Hiya,

Could you guys give me any DPS oriented BUILD for Paladin please? Including stats ,talents , and job path, as reading all the posts without stats included gets me confused, Im still new to the game, so please be gentle :smiley:

Ta

1 Like

Well I got to Pally C1 and Iā€™ve to say that full STR > full dex as far as Smite damage goes. Also I think Priest C2 itā€™s better than Krivis C2 to be honest, even if Zaibas is pretty good, Sacra + Bless is just too good =/.

SO talent build for str /dex pally would be like the on mentioned above?

You need to get Bless at 10 and Sacra at 5, thatā€™s all that matters from Priest. Also Barrier is good enough at lvl 1, I would get Smite 15/15 and Resist Elements 14/15 or viceversa.

4 points from barrier would go to SMITE and maxing it out , so the rest of skills are alright? aparat from the ones which you mentioned to max out, Im sorry i just want to be 100% sure.

Either STR/SPR based Pally with Cleric>Priest2>Pala3, or INT/SPR based with Cleric>Krivis2>Pala3.

Attributes every Pala should have:

• Heal: Remove Damage - for STR builds this will be on 24/7. Your heal will never do enough damage for you to want to use it on mobs. If you are an INT build you will have to turn this on/off depending on whether you expect to be using Heal for actual healing or extra damage.
  • Safety Zone: Range Increase - just good overall. This makes it easier for you and your party to stay inside the Safety Zone, simple.
  • Restoration: SP Recovery - gives you and your group some extra regen, no reason not to grab it. People with low SPR will love you for this.
  • Resist Elements: Resistance/Enhance - are the two attributes to what is most likely the best skill from the Paladin. Chance to completely nullify damage and extra resists? Sign me up.

Other attributes will vary depending on preference and build. Generally speaking you will grab extra damage for whatever you are going to use on the build as well as any other utility you think could come in handy.

For Krivis you will want the 1% boosts and Splash on Zaibas. The Zalciai attributes are all good and should be acquired as well. Divine Stigma duration is alright, but the skill itself is a little iffy, therefore not a priority. Daino duration is nice, but not a priority as you can easily keep it up without it. Aukuras: Fire Property Resistance is good, the extra regen is nice but not a priority.

For Priest you want all the Blessing attributes. Sacrament: Dark Property Resistance is nice. Not much to say about the rest here.

Iā€™d have either Sacrament on 1 and put the extra points on Bless, maybe take a couple off Revive as well. You could drop 5 points from Smite and put them into Recovery if you wish. Turn Undead isnā€™t entirely useless, specially because I feel this build should focus pretty hard on SPR (scaling on Deprotect Zone, Aspersion, Mass Heal, and Turn Undead), so you could grab a couple points of it if you enjoy the skill.

If I would go STR/SPR Pala shouldnt I max out smite as it would be mine main DPS skill? and it gets extra dmg from STR?

You gave me 2 ways of building pally im so bad with choosing :< :smiley:

Im really sorry it looks like my brain got a little bit rusty when it comes to builds after such a long break.

Thanks

Smite is your main DPS skill, but when you go STR/SPR you are more focused on support than the INT/SPR variation (funny, I know). Smite and Conviction are there to add some damage, but most of the time you will be doing a little DPS with Sacrament + Blessing autos. This combo makes it so everytime you auto Blessing procs off twice.

Not only do you have the 10% base heal from Clericā€™s Heal without investing any points, but you have a really good Mass Heal due to SPR. This makes it so you have good buffs, a good amount of heals, and some DPS just so you donā€™t sit around and do nothing when buffs/heals arenā€™t needed.

Those two fill slightly different roles. Where the Paladin shines is dealing with elemental/magic damage, be it by decreasing the damage your allies take from it, or by increasing that which they deal. The Priest/Krivis choice just changes slightly the role you will fill as a Paladin. Krivis is a semi-support caster, while Priest is a full support class.

The Krivis (or INT) variation is a pseudo-support with more DPS. You have burst heal with Clericā€™s heal, you have DPS with Zaibas, as well as a couple debuffs/buffs. The main thing you bring is damage, Krivisā€™ crit from Zalciai, and extra buff slots from Daino. This is very good when you are running with another support class in the group, like a Priest, who has lots of buffs.

The Priest (or STR, which I almost want to call SPR) variation is a more support oriented variation. As mentioned above, you have 10% HP healing on Clericā€™s Heal, and the SPR will add to your Mass Heal. You also have very strong buffs on Aspersion, and the Bless+Sacrament combo, not to mention freaking Resist Elements (I have a thing for this skill). Deprotect Zone and Monsterance are nice to reduce monster defenses, and both scale up with your SPR. The main reason you get some STR and go for Smite here is because the only form of DPS you have is 1) using Aspersion offensively, or 2) using those tasty Blessed attacks.

By the way you describe things it would be better to go for a STR(SPR)/SPR priest to be more useful and actually do some dmg? With what ratio i should go when dividing stats?

One more thing should i add some stats to CON for some hp or just get them from PLATE set?

@Insomm is there any chance for you to provide me with talent build for STR/SPR pally(like the on shown in the talent tree) sorry for being such a pain in the neck,

Much appreciated

Thank you

Krivis will outdamage the Priest variation by far. The damage you have on the Priest variation is more of a time filler than anything else. Let me put it this way, I am currently running the Krivis variation, and when I was running the lvl 90 dungeon I was the one doing the most damage out of a group with a bunch of Barbs. Now, I donā€™t know their builds, and the boss of the dungeon is Ghost type, so not a very fair example, but 1 Zaibas out-dpsing 3 other people has to say something.

Just follow this. Since there are no limits to attributes other than money and time you could learn all of them and turn them on/off as you wish. The ones that canā€™t be turned off are usually those with no downside.

Always have CON. I donā€™t care if you are going a full damage Pyro or wtv. If you donā€™t put CON you will die in a couple hits from bosses. Dead people donā€™t heal/tank/dps. The only class that can get away with little to no CON is Swordsman because they have pretty insane HP values.

Also, donā€™t worry about it, I have no problem answering questions :smile:

I had a conversation with one of the players and he said that full int isnt such a good variation for dps krivis pally ,what do you think about it ? should i go full spr and a little bit of int? and Also does the + magic attack from weapons apply? as when you equip does kind of weapons you cant actually see, that it has been added,

Cheers mate im really great full for all your help :slight_smile:

I wouldnā€™t say go full INT. Atm my stats are somewhere around 2.5:1:1 INT:SPR:CON.

Yes, magic damage does apply. I had seen someone mentioning it did not, but I tested this with a friend just yesterday.

I am now in the lookout to switch my build into Rods instead of Maces.

Based on my observation, it seems buffs are scaled off SPR (and buffs are mainly party base).
Therefore, the question is, what role do you want to play? A support in party with buff/debuff? Or focusing in DPS?

im trying to build a melee dps/supp pally, my build is Cleric1 Priest 2 Pally 3, stats are Dex>Con>Str

its solid right now(7x), but i`m not sure in the future, what do u guys think ?

Throw in some SPR to keep up with mana and you will be fine. Your defense reduction debuffs (Deprotect Zone & Monsterance) will also get some scaling.

@Insomm

How do you add 2.5 int?:smiley:

5:2:2, but it was an approximation, after logging in I realized it was much closer to 2:1:1

@Insomm - seems you have tested Paladin quite a bit. Could you elaborate on how does restoration aura work? Does it add flat 100 - 437 (l15+attribute) to each heal ā€˜tickā€™? During Korean beta someone reported pulling absurd numbers with this aura, far exceeding the above mentioned value. Perhaps it works differently?

What I can tell you is the following:

113 INT Heal level 5 heals me (~7k hp) for around 1.2k
w/ lvl 5 Restoration and lvl 1 attribute it heals for around 1.7k

Whether the attribute has an effect on the healing or not I do not know yet. Whether this bonus healing is a flat bonus or %based I do not know either.

I could further test this but itā€™d take more time than Iā€™m willing to spare right now (have barely been playing), perhaps during the weekend I will do this test and get back to you.

With 7khp, 113 int and lvl 5 heal you should be healing for 1080 - 1150. Maybe you have some more HP or a heal attribute, so that matches the ā€˜around 1.2k healā€™. But increase of around 500 from lvl 5 aura? With no attribute I assume? Thats around 3 times as much as I would have expected from skill description (+168).

No rush to test it, but if you do, please share your results.