Tree of Savior Forum

Paladin thoughts?

I do like C2 zaibias… With blessing at max(for c2) and a bit more int I could see it being very strong with the splash dmg attribute vs regular mobs… But you always have that 30sec cooldown between your only real attack… Which is awhile really…

I re-stat my paladin to 150str 30con and 30 spr abouts… An smite only seemed to do around 100 dmg more per hit so from like 450 to 550. Not sure that’s enough to really make it worth it…

With better melee oriented gear I’m sure it could do more… What are your paladins smite dmg in general?

well, 150 str is only about +150 min and +150 max dmg. Smite lvl 5 seems pretty underwhelming but gets a noticeable boost once you got lvl 6 and up. Buffs are essential and +AoE Range, as i said before, is pretty much mandatory for Smite to shine.

1 Like

Hello. I’m currently a lv85 str Paladin. Cleric>Priest>Priest>Pala
Trust me on this one: you DONT need SPR. Restoration already gives you +50 SP attribute and the amount of SP you gain out of increasing SPR is already really low(+13 per point).
You also always want to use a sword if you’re going for str just because they give better damage. The extra magic damage from maces is irrelevant b/c it doesn’t affect the amount of healing you’ll do, the HP recovery formula for heal is really straight forward.
As a Paladin, your main role in a Dungeon or PvP is to provide overall utility to your party- And that’s why every1 wants a Pally in their parties- and, of course, DAMAGE. Smite is a really strong skill and has a really low CD.
I personally prefer going DEX over SPR. It’ll be more important for PvP and is also going to bump up your average damage with crits. Remeber that Monstrance Dex buff scales with the amount of Dex the user currently has. I.E, I had 25 DEX with my Paladin, gained a +17 DEX buff after using monstrance. My Barbarian friend had 40 DEX and gained +22 DEX with monstrance.
Restoration : Increases the healing effectiveness of any1 affected by it. This doesnt appear ingame but i’ve tested and it does increase the healing received by around 20% this is a MUST HAVE for Pallies but I’m not sure if it’s worth investing skill points in it. Haven’t tested if the healing effectiveness increases with skill points(probably not)
Barrier : INCREDIBLE skill, if you’re going for paladin, I do recommend going for C3 because of it. It’s going to gain attributes that increase the amount of damage Archers and Wizards that are inside the barrier by an INSANE amount, making you a MUST HAVE in any good party.
Here’s a link to barrier’s attributes that are still not implemented in iCBT. http://toswiki.treeofsaviorgame.com/class/paladin

In my opinion, there’s 3 main paths for a Paladin right now :
-Utility build (The one i’m using) str/con/dex

-Smite build(More like the one you’re going for with 150 str)str/con

-Crit build(Cleric>Krivis>Krivis>Pala) full DEX

1 Like

Alright, I see. I figure it may just be not devolving pally far enough. I did notice the dmgs go up a lot on c2 and 3 class skills… comparatively… Also 100% attribute will double it eventually…

Also for smite is it worth using knockdown attribute? or situational only? Seemed annoying a lot of the time for me… but useful when you actually wanted to knock enemies away…

Are the vubbe fighter gloves enough with +2 aoe? Or do I want more? If so what else would be good to look out for?

The upgrade to the barrier making it also give dmg bonus to other classes does make it sound more useful to.

If you don’t skill restoration high I guess you would hold out 5 points and max Resist Elements instead of doing 10 in each?

Turn undead and conversion don’t sound to useful to me really… Turn undead could be nice in a few places but most of the time maybe not so much… an conversion seems like it just bad…

Can you give a http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/673sq5qcb8/ type build with your planned skills(doesn’t need to be exactly)? I’d not mind seeing some other pally skill builds.

Btw if you get weapon conversion you can switch between sword and mace with alt-z. You should always carry both sword and mace with you because many monsters get additional 50% damage from either slash (sword) or strike (mace).

You should aim for at least +3 AoE, which would let Smite hit 5 targets at once. Thats enough for solo leveling and instance dungeons. As for Knockdown attribute, buy it and love it. The reason i only took 1 lvl of Resurrection is because it is not your responsibility to scrape everyone who is bad at dodging off the floor, its used in emergencies only (for example, if the healer/tank kicks the bucket). It wont do you much good in solo leveling anyways, for obvious reasons.
Restoration is at 10 because Resist Element aura is enough on lvl 10 the rest resist should and will come out of your equipment anyways.You can invest only 5 points in Restoration and 15 in Resist Element though, it doesnt make much difference. Turn Undead and Conversion is very situational, which makes them unreliable at best and utterly useless at worst. As for Monstrance, is it a good skill ? It is, but only if you plan on going for Dex anyways. I have found it to be not worth it and was better off investing the points into Priest’s other buff skills.

Gladiator Bangle if you can get it
Cheminis Sword for lvl 40
Chapparition Sword if you can get it
Vuppe Fighter Gauntlets preferably high upgraded because you will have them for a long time

I play a cleric > krivis c2 > paladin build at level 103. I use a Spr/Dex build. This build is much better than full dex for this route since spr essentially acts as -def, -crit res and crit attack in addition to its other benefits.

Smite is fairly powerful with this build due to the powered up Zalcai buff and Deprotection Zone debuffs. My crits hit for 4k+ on mutant and demon enemies.

Restoration is kind of only useful for the increased sp regen attribute which makes me reluctant to level it up due to sp cost increases. It does also increase the effect of heals like heal tiles. Really wish the Hp regen would scale based on max hp.

Resist Elements is kind of underwhelming. Oh i take 80ish instead of 110ish from cockatrice fire attacks. Maybe it gets better later on in higher circles. Even with 98 fire resist I still take 40-80 damage from their attacks. Most likely it counts as additional defense against attacks from that element, not percentage reduction like some posters are alluding to.

Turn Undead is useless. I played around with it a bit, and you don’t get loot or exp from whatever that is killed with it.

Imo, the knockdown attribute is NOT worth it, it increases the SP COST of Smite by 8 ( 37 - 45SP). I’d rather just stack them up and double smite them.
I don’t know about other itens that increase AOE ratio, Caedes already talked about it.

Here’s my skill build : http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/237au8aori/

I chose to keep Restoration at lvl 1 up untill the last few points you get. Investing skill points in it just doesn’t seem rewarding. Gaining +337 HP recovery looks good, but all in all, restoring +337 HP every 15 seconds isn’t going to make a difference when you can Heal up to full every 20 seconds.

Resist Elements Is a MUST at 15. You gain extra chance to NULLIFY ELEMENTAL DAMAGE and that’s just OP, imagine PvPing a Wizard, you have 15% chance to completly ignore his attacks.

Get Revive lvl 2(or 3 if you don’t want Monstrance to buff your party’s DEX for some reason) and Mass Heal lvl 1 : Revive is actually OP, you not only AVOID DEATH, but you also come out with 10% of you HP AND 2 seconds of invincibility, that’s most likely enough to get yourself healed up to full and you can keep it always active if you invest a few points in its attribute.
Mass heal is good enough at lvl 1, the amount of HP recovered from lvl 1 to 5 only goes up from 20% MHP up to 28% MHP. I don’t think this has a higher priority than Revive.

I need to really test out Dex on Paladin. As for Resist Element, i’ve never seen it nullify damage when it counts (but thats probably due to horrible rng luck). Knockdown can be turned on and off. Its really simple, are there a lot of flying enemies ? Turn it on and do 50% more damage, otherwise turn it off and save sp.

I have updated my Paladin Build if anyone is interested.

1 Like

I feel like more skills need an extra modifier so they aren’t just flat “they do this” an eventually become to weak to be worth using… Like blessing, restoration maybe Sacrament (if that’s just +48 attack?)

Blessing + sacrament is 200ish dmg bonus per hit, which is a lot right now really… But will it be a lot at level 300 when mob hp is ridiculously higher (along with our average damage)?..

But they can always adjust that when the sever matures to where they need to consider buffing them.

1 Like

Just add in a lvl modifier so the buff grows with your character. Other games have done it before and it worked beautifully. Dont see why the devs have not thought of that yet.

1 Like

An excellent ideal and easier to program it in. Hmm what should the formula be? +1% damage per lv?

I would think something along the lines of “Effect increases by lvl x Rank / 6 ~ 9” (depending on the max rank you can reach). mainly because it should not give 40 additional damage on lvl 40 when you are rank 3 and the mobs have like 500 hp. Of course, this is only a quick draft and the final formula should be a little more complex to avoid the buffs giving ridiculous amounts of damage early on.

Yeah we don’t want them being anymore powerful early game… They are in a good spot…

So maybe another idea would be they introduce attributes that require a character level… Then this would allow you to further buff the stat at specific level caps.

So blessing could get another 50 levels to boost is power, at some higher level when the buff starts to lose its value to much… As an example…

Though scaling off level could work if its done properly…

You don’t actually add 50% more damage. You only add 50% of your physical attack as damage. I.E, I do around 2K damage on zinutekas and have 380 physical damage. With knockdown on, I’d do extra 190 damage. It’s not really that worth it Sp-wise in my opinion.

Monstrance’s DEX buff also doesn’t scale with Skill points. Leveling that skill is just a waste of skill points.

yeah, i noticed that once i reskilled.

Does anyone know if smite scales with STR? I noticed it crits.

Yes. Since both physical attack and critical attack affect it.

I myself chose the Cleric > Krivis > Krivis > Paladin path after much thought. I had originally intended to transition to Sadhu, but I didnt find the gameplay appealing at all. herp.

I’ve been sort of trying every build. I’ve found a sort of hybrid I enjoy at present of 3:2:1 INT/STR/CON. (I tried INT/STR/DEX) but I find that using gems gives me any crit I would ever want)

I feel that it more or less covers all the bases that I want in my gameplay. I can tank for a party while tossing out heals and dealing damage or solo it up. Zaibas does some epic damage with the INT, and that splash. - Due to the STR Smite also does upwards of 3-4k per hit

Still trying to decide if I want to continue down the paladin path or wander to another :f

Are you 100% sure these attributes are new and not old?

I mean, i always use tosbase as a reference, and their attributes are completely difderent.

I’m not saying you are wrong, i’m asking because these attributes you showed are way more interesting than the ones actually implemented

[edit]
on the bottom of the page it says “class/paladin.txt · Last modified: 2015/02/15 11:10 by andronicus” so i guess it’s outdated, and might be old attributes.