Tree of Savior Forum

Option to request for rerolling a character

Given that premium items can’t be traded, any character that screwed up badly in his class choices and/or stats allocation don’t have the simple luxury of just creating a new character (money invested in premium costumes, hairstyle, limited stats reset potion will go down the drain).

Therefore I hope to propose for a way to submit a request to reroll a character so that we start from level 1 again. Or let us have a way to transfer all premium item to a new character if we agree to deleting the old character.

Thank you!

8 Likes

This is indeed an issue, people that keep on repeating that one “just have to reroll” obviously didn’t think it through whatsoever.

This was never intented, i don’t think even RO have that, unless it is something they added in the past years, they won’t add that and i think they said that on an interview or in their old dev blog.

Reroll is only on making a new char, you have skills simulators all around, if you mess your stats you are done for since there is no stats reset, so pay attention to what you do and change your play style.

Reroll and lose everything you spent on, or keep on playing the character that you have screwed up on?

Mind you TP items are not something that you can just farm back, they are bought with real actual money and the way I see it this is just gonna dissuade people to spend TP on glamour items in the long run. Glamour items are mostly bought during the start of your character creation so as to customise it to your liking, and given that there’s always a chance that you might end up rerolling because of various reasons, people would simply stay away from it.

1 Like

Another reason you have to pay proper attention on what you are doing, i do have a char at Lv 170 that i messed up badly, have CS items on it and i can’t do a thing about it unfortunately. I will try to fix it, but i doubt it will be of any good use at lv 200. But even so, i will have to use it till i can.

" Paying proper attention " isn’t the issue here and would just not be enouth anyway. The way we experience stuff in game is not the same as they appear in paper, even more when half the skills are poorly translated and/or inadequatly presented.

For instance, a month ago two-handed swordies were considered the godly kings of the field, hell, all the betas were infested with swordies cuz “they were just too good”. Today they are all quitting the game or rerolling because they’ve become completly useless past lvl 200 because of changes in game design that none could have forseen ( and are blantantly illogical to begin with ).

Instances like this will cumulate more and more as the game develops, skills ( and thus entire builds ) get nerfed or boosted, level cap increases, etc, etc…

That is the thing, most skills are useless because they haven’t been worked on yet, at least i do believe in that, or IMC would be really stupid to add fillers instead of skills in every single class, at later patches i wonder how most of these said useless skills will be, and many might even regret not taking it, but easy fixed by reset skills.

You can reset skills, not classes, class is something you already chose, be it before hand, or on the spot, it is a already made decision, i don’t really see a necessity for class reset.

By your own logic, this exact same sentence can be said about skills and stats, yet we have skill and stat reset potions.

The stats reset potion is a one thing only from the Founder Packs, it will be gone later, not sure if IMC will add a stand alone item on CS later on, maybe, maybe not, the skill point reset is there already.

I am not against those, neither a class reset but i think it is not really necessary, or they will lose sales on char slots, which cost 36 TP, if they add the potion, it would cost more, not sure how much tho, and there are lots of other things to consider, but i won’t enter in that detail now since it is already being discussed on other threads.

Forgot to add one thing, the merit of starting over a new char is that, you can always discovery a new thing or way to play it.

Mind you the game is in EA stage, stat and skill reset potions might get added in the future. You can’t expect everything on a silver platter when the game is not even accessible to the general public or in other words F2P.

To recenter more the subject about what the original poster said, i too, just as him, got lots of stuff i can’t even trade to another of my OWN character, such as :

• Silvers
  • Equipements
  • Achievements
  • Reset skill and stat potions (founder’s pack)
  • Cards
  • Recipes
  • Exp tomes
  • Dungeon reset vouchers
  • Soul crystals
  • Megaphones
  • Last but not least, a COSTUME.

All these are stuck on a character i wish i could to delete and redo again but just have not the luxury to. Not to mention that the character name is unique among the character team (discovered it today), it may perhaps seem a detail for many, but for some it’s not, AT ALL !

I also just can’t wait to feel the “merit” of redoing the same repetitive stuff i already did, you know :yum:. I’m Also quite sure thousands of other people can’t wait too, people will prolly delete their lvl 600 characters all the time just to feel it. :heart_eyes:

So, More seriously, isn’t it at the very least counter-intuitive that the very game whose Motto is “You are not a character, you’re a team” proceeds to apply the most restrictive or inexistent trading system, in general AND even between one’s own character that has ever been seen in the history of the MMORPGs genra?

Guenuine question here…

I’d suggest you to carefully read again what has been said in this post please.

Thank you in advance.

About we not being able to trade CS stuff with other chars, i do agree that IMC did a big mistake there, not sure how they will deal with that later on, tbh, i don’t see they changing it so soon with so many bigger issues in game right now, but i still hope they will change that, can only wait and see.

Perhaps ( prolly) the solution that OP proposed isn’t adequate, but at least he points out a real issue that devs should take care of ASAP, because it affects numerous players in a very negative way.

I’m gona have to agree. At least let us transfer content from TP store.

Example, someone really likes the game and spent 100 dollars on cosmetic items to support it and look different.

You messed up your build and want to reroll to fix it. Now all those items are wasted. You supported the game and end up with nothing except for stuff on a character you dont use anymore.

Resetting characters to start to keep achievements and stuff is a good idea too.

Edit actually, rethinking it over, they would have to make a way for people not to get 2 sets of unique quest items.

2 Likes

Staff needs to know about this issue.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_J @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan

If we can reset, I would guess than you would get to keep all your achievements meaning you can’t redo quests? Perhaps the drawback would be that we have to grind our way back.

Or even better just let us trade our TP items to another character? There’s so many TP items on my main character that I just can’t bare to throw it away, yet I don’t foresee myself enjoying a build that I messed up with.

Well, grinding back up from lvl 1 would take much longer than creating a new character.

I’d like to trade cash shop items to other characters through team storage though.

Time only goes forward. It cannot be reversed nor reverted. Such is a human condition, for it means one has to make a choice every second that cements one’s own existence. The responsiblity one might feel for this could be overwhelming and even dreadful. Here, you need courage and strength to make it through. Without the willpower, a human is nothing but a meat puppet controlled by the strings called Causallity. Every step you take will cause you fear and trembling. But trust in yourself. Never regret what you have done, instead, be joyful for what you may overcome next.
Thus Spoke STAFF_John.

Just kidding.
I will forward the issue to our Dev team.
Life might be a series of irreversible choices but that doesn’t mean that games should be too.

20 Likes

lol, you got me there John, my heartbeat skyrocketed ! :laughing:

Thanks for your support,
the forum staff seem so involved in the game and guenuinly doing all they can to arrange stuff. It feels like devs themselevs arn’t even remotely as implicated and caring about their own game than you modderators are. thanks for all the help !

1 Like