Tree of Savior Forum

Option to request for rerolling a character

Excuse me but the OP was also talking about resetting stats, I simply misinterpreted.

Love how you took time for such an interesting answer. :smiley:

No problem, Happenz :slight_smile:

Okay well heres the thing about most people who play a game. If they spend multiple weeks leveling a character to max level just to have a patch make their class useless they wont play the game anymore. If they say sure ill do this again and then the same thing happens this wipes out most of the tos player base but the hardcore players and then the game dies.

Its a nice thought but in the end it only kills the game if you dont make certain conveniences and this is coming from someone who is leveling 4 chars at once -.-

As i said, the game is far from completed, if you want to avoid this kind of thing then stay away from it for now, as i stated even before the OBT be announced, and not only me, but many on this forum who played the iCBT, that this game is not ready to be in OBT phase yet, at least 2 more CBT was supposed to happen, there are too many stuff missing, too much heavy bugs to be fixed, too much skills to be balanced.

If IMC deem that is necessary to have a class reset, then they will add, but i highly doubt they will, why is that? Because we are testing all the stuff yet, OBT -> Open Beta Test.

And don’t try to buy me with: “Ah but the new players didn’t know about this.” How they didn’t know? When you gonna buy a game, or an EA DLC or w/e any game company do, you at least have to go and search about the state of the game.

I take The Crew as an example, i read all the stuff about it, be it on Steam or other forums and game sites, i knew about the bugs many complained, and when i played i never bumped into one. Luck me? Maybe, but even if i hit many bugs, i would be aware of them.

I am not saying you guys have no right to ask for something, but don’t expect to be implemented or at least, not so soon.

As for hardcore players, i don’t know if i fit on that category, i do play lots of hours, but i mostly do exploring, kill count and sometimes just leave the char there while i do my work. So if i had to restart a char, i would do no problem at all.

Not being able to re-roll seems like a very archaic game model tbh. Let’s not forget that, although a great game, it is essentially a micro transaction game at its core (be it for cosmetics or pay to win, doesn’t matter). The gaming community has shifted since Rag was released, more and more people are enjoying games they can pick up, play for a bit, and put down. Having to put a large amount of time into a game only to realise A: You stuffed up somewhere, or B: The high-end spec you chose isn’t as enjoyable as you thought it would be is a really poor design in today gaming society. I myself have to travel sometimes for weeks for work and I absolutely love this game. Kinda places me in a poor mood when people just keep saying to me, Oh just start again.

They already have Skill Reset Potions in the IGS, I just can’t place my head around why Stat/Reroll Potions are so forbidden and people are so against them. If you don’t want to pay for them then don’t, It’s that simple. just give the ones who are willing the option.

I will just point out what IMC itself said on an interview, if i am not wrong, was at the end of last year.

“We know that our game won’t be fun for everyone and we know we can’t reach that aspect.”

Note that it isn’t exactly as above but have the same meaning all the same.

Now point me out a game that can do that on today’s market.

I know the point of view of many players, but you can’t expect stuff to be heavily changed just because some can’t play much, or because the game is not totally balanced yet, i am pretty sure many here came knowing that.

And on another note, if that was implemented, and no one would level other chars because they can just reset the whole class and redo what they want to try, what is the point on investing time on the game? I think IMC want a long duration and good game by not doing that, if other games, and i think there might have one or 2 out there that do that, have all this, i bet they would be all dead by now for being so boring and easy.

Well i will leave this thread now, lets see if someone come up with a good solution to this, at least one that don’t take the fun of the game.

Cyall in game.

Reduced xp requirement for re-roll