Tree of Savior Forum

Opinions on auto-attack Wizard?

I do not. It’s crafted with a recipe, and can only be equipped at lvl 220 anyway. So there’s plenty of time to find out where it drops, hahaha!

Until you get to that level, a Rod must suffice.

Does critical strikes procs from staff and rods auto-attacks?

If you are going for the wander then wiz3 is basically mandatory for [quick cast]'s +50% matk (this also affects auto attacks). The next “mandatory” class for me would be pyro1 for [flame ground] and [enchant fire].

I would suggest wiz - pyro - wiz - wiz. The last 3 could be either thauma or chrono. Take note though, aspd will always scale better than flat damage buffs later on.

And don’t forget the cafrisun set.

I’d say that, even with the nerfs, Linker is still essential. Since rod attacks are single-target, being able to link enemies looks like a must here.

Also I found this:

If this item is yet to be implemented, or just isn’t named in the database yet, it could be what the build needs to go for Chronomancer. Using it with a Sacrament scroll means each attack hits 5 times, right? With Cafrisun it hits 6 (Magic, Holy, Ice, Fire, Lightning and Earth). Pair it with lvl 15 Quicken and explode everyone. Assuming I understood ir correctly, of course.

Fascinating thread! So ultimately, both can do great (especially when paired) for auto attacks…it is just the other skills outside of auto attacks that should make your decision.

I’d say so, yes. Thaumaturge hits very hard, Chronomancer hits fast. That seems to be the difference when put in very simple terms, and both have those same effects on a party, while Thaumaturge benefits more from a party of INT users, while Chronomancer prefers auto attackers.

It’s interesting that both classes can work with the same idea in a different way. What’s left to know is when we get Rank 10 Thaumaturge can still be relevant.

Might be worth taking linker3. Borrow high str and dex from someone else.

I mean, crits are gonna be some stonking big numbers fueled by all three stats.

It’s a rod, it deals damage based on your magic attack, not physical. It’s important to have high INT, STR and DEX do nothing for this weapon…

I’m pretty sure that we’re (or at least I am) talking about the power staff.

The C attack is a physical melee attack, which can critical and is based off of physical attack.

Not gonna lie, Patk + 2xMatk is probably the single most viable auto attack out there.
Do note, however that this is a staff and thus will not benefit from the second thaumaturge buff.

Oh yes! Ok, I thought you were talking about the Rod I posted up above, in my last post. The one that doesn’t have a name in the database yet. When you mentioned “all three stats” I thought you were talking about the elemental properties on it!

I didn’t know Umbilical Cord worked on stats. The skill description on Umbilical Cord in tosbase is very unclear to me. Going Linker c3 doesn’t let you get Thaumaturge c3 either, and that could be very detrimental. Swell Brain giving +145 INT isn’t something I’d ditch.

But new ideas are always welcome, and that’s a new take on the build that I hadn’t considered before :slight_smile:

Yeah I have the same question: does Thaum Buffs add to additional hits like Enchant Fire, Blessing, Cafrisun? Cause the skill description says “increase attack”, so it’s like just works on the first/base hit (the only affected directly by MAtk or PAtk)… Is that correct?

Default thaum buffs do not add to enchant fire and etc.
However, the Swell Left arm attribute to deal 35 additional damage per level to shrunken enemies does work on additional attacks.

And really, if you’re buying blessing and sanc scrolls nothing is stopping you from picking up a Daino too. Enchant fire + blessing is just as good as Sac is.

Oh I didn’t knew that, Thanks!

I’m trying to start an auto atk melee dex wiz here. Can a wiz go melee without that power staff? If I can’t, and I go dex/con from lvl 1, leveling till I get a power staff will be horrible… right?

Well, you can use a dagger to deal physical damage, and thus be able to crit.

No idea how you could get level 220 without any dmg at all.
Staffs don’t scale with dex at all, you can crit, but you have no str, you’ll do no damage.

Better off getting Int and using your ranged autos (scale with int) till you’re high level and can buy a stat reset from the cash shop.

Chronomancer is cool for haste, but remember that Quicken does not work on Wiz autos. wiz autos are static, the speed never increases.

Thau swell arms + swell brain + shrink body + quick cast +50% would do the most auto damage possible for a Wizard.
Don’t need need pyro fire enchant, because you seriously need linker if you want to keep your sanity while leveling up. You need AoE to happily level up.

Honestly you can level up pumping just con with Wiz 3 + Linker MM combo.

glhf.

Daggers scale with dex and attack speed. You even have one, since you note that you use both swell arm buffs.

I find it hard to believe that a dagger could out-dmg a Rod and an offhand with elemental property.

I said both because I always forget which one is left hand and right hand tbh. lol.

You just trade an offhand with cool elemental properties for a main hand with cool elemental properties. There are Arde-like main hands. Flame is a pretty good example, even if it is level 170.

Toy hammer is another good one.

Melee Wizard works very well. Case in point:

Keep in mind that this was before the Linker nerfs, but it should still work well.

For more information, I suggest this thread: