Tree of Savior Forum

Opinions on auto-attack Wizard?

why all take pyro, Do enchant fire scalling with some stats? Cause if not - this skill is useless on rank 5+ lvls. Can someone explain?

Enchant fire gives your auto attack a little second attack for the value listed. This second attack gets full benefit of all elemental or additional damage your character may have effecting them, essentially doubling it. Examples include Arde dagger and Priestā€™s Blessing.

Arde dagger normally adds 150 fire damage to your attack. Cast Enchant fire and it will now add 300.

1 Like

thank you very much, think this just give you+30 dmg, dont know, that this is doubled.

I am currently lvl 155 pyro > linker > thaum >chrono and there has been one big question in these discussion I have not seen answered yet.
The question of longterm survivability.

Whats the best strategy for surviving melee contact without having to suffer trough long sitting periods? Monsters can hit like trucks just equipping plate armor does not really seem enough. Is a con transpose build the key?

You can max your damage like you want but without a cleric at hand you have to think about how to survive enemy onslaught, so whats the consensus about that?

Melee: donā€™t get hit. Use positioning and timing to cast those pyro skills and slow. You should have haste if you build chrono! It basically turns melee monsters into fumbling idiots.

Ranged or magic elites: kill it with fireballs, pillar that thing. Sleep it, earthquake it, or kite for dear life. Pray, yell, repeat.

Blue spion archer: run.

lv. 142 thumaturge here and think iā€™ve got this build planned out.

build: wiz>pyro>linker>thum>thum>linker>featherfoot

stats: 100% CON

gear: toy hammer, arde dagger, cafrisun set

what else you need: tons of silver for maxing attributes. get left and right arm attributes maxed!

ok so you hit 4 times per auto attack due to enchant fire, cafrisun, and sacriment from pardoner shop which lets you proc toy hammer. toy hammer damage is based on physical attack (not sure on exact formula but it feels like physical attack x10 (hits?) divided by 2. so basically 5x physical attack.

reason for linker 2 with thum 2 is that joint penalty level 10 links 8 targets, and shrink body level 10 shrinks 8 targets. so use joint penalty, then hangmans knot to get them all together, then land a perfect shrink body on all of them. attribute on swell left arm boosts damage further if enemy has been shrunk, along with shrink attribute reducing enemyā€™s damage by 75%.

featherfoot is interchangeable and can be replaced with warlock or anything else you fancy at rank 7. but i intend to take it for the healing factor, along with bone pointing.

the auto attack with toy hammer/arde setup will be very similar to playing a chaplain. it will do less damage per attack hit, but around double the explosion damage due to having the swell left and right arm buffs. you also have flame ground which gets pretty good when using both arm buffs.

build feels fantastic so far ^^ and iā€™m certainly surprising tons of people with its damage. besides - our damage output is increased further due to the fact that weā€™re applying the buffs to the entire party, not just ourselves, along with using joint penalty. this build brings so much to a party that it canā€™t be ignored.

edit: the additional damage you get from shrinking the enemy (+140) (from the shrink size specialty attribute) is actually applied to all hits, like an arde dagger. this compensates somewhat for not having blessing like priest/chaplains do.

1 Like

Just wondering, how do you feel about not going for Thauma 3 or Linker 3? And what are the stats of your Thaumaā€™s skills?? I am curious because I am going for my circle 4 and currently considering what rank I should choose. My 1-3 circles are same like yours: Wiz Pyro Linker. And I am also planning to go for FF.

Iā€™d seriously consider going linker3 for the stat sharing buff. Plus you can monster gem JP into 11 targets~

Thauma 3 isnā€™t nearly as attractive for a physical wizard.

Ah, you mean Dandel Gem? :slight_smile: Yeah, I am considering about whether to go for Pyro 3 or Linker 3. Thanks a lot for the advice. Linker 3 is really useful eh. Please update me with the FF if you has reached that level yet, if you donā€™t mind. I would like to know better. Since from what I heard, FF uses a lot of SP and the skills often get interruptedā€¦?

So, I didnā€™t get to read everything that you guys discussed in the topic, but the thing is I want to make a melee mage build too, and I have a doubt that may decide what Iā€™ll do in the build. I know that INT affects on the damage of magic attack skills, but I would like to know if they affect buffs like pyromancerā€™s enchant fire, thaumaturgeā€™s swell skills and chronomancerā€™s quicken.

Most buff skills have their effects set in stone for wizards. The three you listed are only affected by skill level and skill attributes.

1 Like