Tree of Savior Forum

On behalf of Indonesian steam players: "this is why we hate our local publisher!"

*Update 22/4/2016 : Ironically, due to the increasing number of Indonesian hypocrites who doesn’t really understand stuffs, i had to change the title from “…Indonesian players” to “…Indonesian Steam players”.
Did my best to explain the situation but more of them are just keep coming, so i had no choice but to do this. Hope there is no more off-topic comments.

Before i go further, i just want to note that i dont have any intention of badmouthing or something similar to that. This is just a quick-exposure on what actually happens on the field which is 100% based on fact.
Despite on being one of the biggest gaming publisher in Indonesia, Gescol at the same time is also one of the most P2W and probably the worst in term of community management.
Here is some of the big points :
1) RMT
Real money transaction is just UNAVOIDABLE on every single game they published. They do prohibit RMT and warn players about it, but after like 8 years the RMT is still happening! Yeah, the huge RMT market it is still going smooth even today! Can u imagine? It is like they re kinda stuck on how to resolve this issue. If you have a chance to visit Indonesia and ask some of the players here, i wouldnt be surprised if they can clarify my point here.

2) Scam
If youre playing one of their game called Drgn N*st, the amount of scammers there is just ridiculously unimaginable. The ironic part is, most of the scams also involve RMT around it. And like i said, its been going like this for years and still zero solution.

3) Game-exploit, hacks, script and other illegal program activities
I have no words for this. Like…literally…not…a…single…word.
One of their FPS game called Pint Blnk is well-known as the title with the highest cheater population in our country. Almost every single of their game is playable with hacks.
There is even a group page called Pekalongan Community https://www.facebook.com/pekalongankommunitycom/?fref=ts
They are basically the one who provides the illegal software and stuffs…they sell those things in public, everyone can see, and everyone can use (even most of them are free). I dont know exactly how this is happened, but their security aspect is just below standards. I couldn’t imagine how the “BOT things” will do later on their server.

TLDR, for any IMC staff who read this please consider my point:
Some of us Indonesian players REFUSE to play on our local server for A REASON! The moment we know you guys are about to open a SEA server was more than just a “fresh-wind” to us. We’ve been anticipating this game since years ago and its not about we’re hating our own publisher, they are professional and they did all they can for the best, but they just DONT suit us, thats all! With all their current system, considering from what already happened to most of their games, we just CAN’T stand with that. Tree of Savior is just too awesome to be ruined!
Me on behalf of Indonesian players really have a big hope and trust in you.
We do believe that any further decision that you made is for the best of ToS :slight_smile:
You are our ONLY “savior” that could make us enjoy the game the way it should be.

21 Likes

agree
i also feel the same way… gescol not even care about BUG,BOT,Cheat and etc

Aggree GmsC**l SU*KS thats why many indonesian player dont want to play in our own country server.

dont say it " behalf of indonesian " its you, yourself not all of us

6 months later the local publisher upgrading the safety knowing several bans for hacks and scams, specially the game you called full of cheats it was overaged first person shooting game what do you expect?

you can avoid RMT if most of our community " play a game to catch some bucks " its a mindset, you may agreed, it’s toxic but what we can do?

but i realize they need to improve their staff especially for customer service, you dont know what happen, i know it well

you can hate the local pub, but dont bring " on behalf " for it, disgusting sorry to say

^oh wait you never heard about the GMS selling ingame currencies?or some nice equipment? Well i have…bought it once lol so if you just those player that only care to play never anything else not even care to pay or support the server thou art playing then might as well be ignored right?

“On behalf of Indonesians” is actually very contextual. It is safe to say that most of the indonesian players in this forum is playing the Steam version. It would be a whole different story if i put this post on the Indonesian forum or any other open-forum out there. Try to understand that.

“Upgrading the safety” this one really got me lying on the floor XD
Nice try buddy, but their most popular FPS game called Pint Blnk has been filled with cheaters for years to the point where the devs had to hand-over the contract into another publisher called Gare*a. (I’m pretty sure all of us know this case, or you can quicksearch it on google).
It is not about the genre of the game, its about how they manage the game. They couldnt even find a way to fight hackers, even after 7-8 years.

RMT is a mindset? Yes it is true, but thats the initial source of all other game-breaking activities like BOTs, scams, and not to mention the unstable economy system of the game itself. One of their game called A*lantica got shut-down because of this.
What we can do? We can do nothing except to find another healthy place to play. Toxic player deserves toxic server, healthy player deserve a good community.

Sorry to say, but i think you doesn’t really hit the point. It’s not “disgusting” as you said in your comment, it is just you who didn’t understand the context. So with all due respect, i think you don’t belong here.
Sorry we’re trying to make this topic here ON TRACK :slight_smile:

1 Like

And? You think that is only on games by this publisher? Lmao. EVERY game by EVERY publisher in EVERY country has RMT. Even in games that aren’t free you find RMT. It’s almost impossible to get rid of, there IS no solution. No matter what they do the RMT will always come back.

See what I said above but replace RMT with Scamming. I have been playing MMOs for at least 15 years now and I have never played or even heard of a game without scammers, people are assholes no matter who is publishing the game.

Again, see my first point but replace RMT with “game exploits, hacks, etc.” Games are computer programs. No matter how well designed they are someone with enough time and knowledge can find a way to break them if they really want to. Why do you think computers/programs/games get updates? Someone finds a way to break them, the company fixes it, then a week later someone finds another way to break them. Its a never ending cycle.

So it’s like that over there too.
Don’t worry, IMC’s management isn’t any different.

You don’t have to put all those basic theories here. I believe most of us here already aware of that.
My point is EVERY PUBLISHER (one to another) treat their game DIFFERENTLY.
In this case, G*mscool is well-known as the most ignorant and “i-dont-give-a-crap” type of publisher. As long as they got money from their ridiculous micro-transaction then its all good. The same goes to their Customer Service.
Thats what i said earlier about their bad community management.
At least IMC is more promising compared to indonesian publisher in terms of managing the game and has way better prospect for the future.

@leinchtwidsaber thats what you think, not us (indonesian)

Dear OP
Could you please not use the word “on behalf of indonesian player” because not all indonesian player who play game TOS is agreed with your opinion in this case.
Or maybe just changed it to “on behalf of indonesian player who play in steam”
I am indonesian and play in steam too but what you do now by make a bad statement about local publisher is inappropriate

From the points you’ve just explained. You are only explaining how bad Indonesian people’s attitude are. Not the publisher. Thank you for the information, mate.

well if one of indonesian attitude is bad it doesnt mean all Indonesian people’s is bad
just dont generalize everything

Bijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledakBijilu meledak

For everyone who read this.

Let me clear one thing.
Gemscool did an innovative way in pre-publishing this TOS. They create a group consists of about 100-200 highly-influenced players from Indonesia to help them promote TOS and do some kind of explanation about their policies.

When Steam announced that they will do OBT a month ago, some community partners already WARNED that if Indonesian plays in Steam, their account most likely will be banned, because there was an agreement between IMC and Gemscool that there will be Indonesian IP block for TOS in Steam.

But some people still didn’t listen to us and here’s the result. For everyone in IMC, please ignore their absurd reason because we already warned in every Community Group that we managed. It is harsh, but we are trying to make a better Indonesian player community. First step is to make them learn that every rules isn’t for nothing.

LMAO, you must be one of their staff, aren’t you?
Nice try though, but let me tell you something as well:

1. As so many people have already said, Indonesia is LISTED as one of the several countries in SEA that can redeem/claim the game copy. You can check it by yourself. Do i make myself clear? Okay next.

2. The IP blocking took time just right before the Indonesian’s CBT. So many people already got the copy and suddenly you just take it away? That’s not how it works, big guy. At least not ever once happened in the history of Steam. The only way to square this up is by doing a full refund, but that’s not what we really aim for, is it? We ain’t demanding any refund! We just want IMC to give us an ALTERNATIVE to play ToS outside of the broken indonesia server.

Listen here buddy. Just because people doesnt give a damn about this nonsense thread you made, doesn’t mean you have to be that “tryhard” guy who sway people from the bitter fact. We all know what is truly happening. You can’t hide a corpse that’s been rotten for years.

1 Like

And you can’t hide the truth of how ignorant you are :slight_smile:
Indonesia server most likely will be full of bad players, but it’s us who create the community, not the publisher. It was people like YOU who always whine about “publisher is bad”, “publisher is sucks”, yet u don’t understand ANYTHING as ur knowledge. :slight_smile:

Indonesian players community is so bad to the point it is disastrous.
Sure I understand that Steam did a mistake on the Founder’s Pack system. But the obvious solution for this kind of thing is only one : Refund.
Not IP unblock.
Aeriagames just faced the exact same problem with EOS and they refund Indonesian Players 2xAP they’ve spent. The only different are : Aeriagames didn’t put any disclaimer for Indonesian IP Block, so they felt responsible and refund twice of amount.

Steam most likely will do refund for you, 1x amount you’ve spent. Deal with it.

1 Like

Just a note… people buy rmt. RMT lifes on…

Guess who makes RMT be sucessful…

leinchtwidsaber and arisu, you’re both talking about the same crap. The very reason I NEVER touch any game published and/or managed by Indonesian online game companies. Been that way for 10 years and still going.

What leinchtwidsaber said is all true. I can vouch for those points. Been there myself both as a customer who got shafted in the arse because of those points and as the the one causing those points as well.

All the games I played in Indonesia can be enjoyable and pretty damn fun… at least for the first couple of month since they launch the game officially. Then those things started trickling in… from just rumours and fake/misleading info… eventually they turn out to be true. From that point the crap just spreads and spreads everywhere till the game is just full of them. The publishers / managing company has been complained to endlessly, they acknowledged the problem but they seem to just don’t give a hoot. In my experience, one game exploit can take months before they actually fix it.

And as I stated above I’ve also been to the other side. The ones doing all the bannable stuff. Yet I somehow got away with it all. Botting, exploiting, using cheat/3rd party program, RMT. They’re not doing crap against all these. At some point, the only reason I download a game from Indonesia is to just to do all those things and grab as much of the in-game currency as fast as i could and RMT them before the inflation hits which will only take about 2-3months after a game launch.

I regret nothing. It fatten up my side pocket quite a bit. But after a few years an I could afford better ISP with much more stable international ping. I just left all of those behind and got myself to know the meaning of “the grass is always greener on the other side”.

Honestly in those years I can’t even define it as “playing games” because the only reason I “played” those games is to make IRL money or at least get back what I payed to “play” those games. They’ve become more of a chore than entertainment. **** it I’ll say it straight, MICROSOFT SOLITAIRE WAS MORE ENJOYABLE than those chores.

For the topic : Whatever we say about this current issue will have less priority than the CONTRACT they have signed. Unless that contract can be voided with democracy (which I really doubt), we will just have to sit and wait. But if people have nothing better to do than to rage and complain going all keyboard warrior in the internet, well… not much I can do about that.

1 Like

Because it’s not publisher who fix it. it’s the developer. In TOS case, every bug that will happen in TOS Indonesia, will be fixed by IMC. What makes u feel Gemscool is the one who should fix it? Are you serious?
It’s not like the bug doesn’t appear in International Server. It’s just global community appreciate the game itself, unlike most of us Indonesian, so they rarely exploit it.

Why it took so long if developer should fix it? Because they don’t even know how to replicate the bug. So they have to figure it out themselves. And as the programmer, you know, it’s sucks. Really sucks.

Of course player can contribute to give information how to replicate the bug. But in Indonesia, they SELL the bug tutorial. No shame.
As the publisher, can you do any action to the bug seller? No.