Tree of Savior Forum

On behalf of Indonesian steam players: "this is why we hate our local publisher!"

Exploits being replicated across all servers in a game, tutorial to reproduce the exploit consistently being spread out like peanuts and SOMEHOW the developers didn’t notice ? Or is just the publishers / managing company just don’t give 2 ****s about it and never notify the developers ?

This is my experience playing one of the game in Indonesia. There used to be hack report in that game, and my character has been hacked several times, and I put the report several times too. For years, there are no reply from the publisher at all, until when the game declining (about 4-5 yeas later), there was suddenly a letter saying that the hack report has been processed and I got my item back. Notice it’s not reports, but report. When I said which one, they kindly ignore me. I won’t spend a month game card just to check whether it’s true or not especially for the games that hasn’t been played for years. If u want proof, I can try dig my emails for it.

Yea, bug tutorial spread out everywhere, and most of it are scams.
Of course developer won’t notice everything in each server. And all publisher surely will notify the developer ASAP, then in most cases, the developer will try to reproduce it on their own staging server.
Then another problem appears :

• The bug can’t be reproduced because internet speed difference (most in-game bug in Indonesia server caused by slow internet connection/frame delay)
  • Bot/cheat case needs a long time to fix it properly. Once u learn how to programming, u will understand it.
  • Most developer doesn’t give equal attention to every server. They have a kinda mindset “If it never be a problem in our server, then it should be no problem in yours too”. Surely they need to learn player’s behaviour from every country. I’ll give you an example from Atlantica case. Once, it got a platinum coin dupe bug. It first seen on Friday. Saturday morning, they give a report to developer alongside the tutorial. You know what happen? The developer didn’t give permission to turn off the server for emergency maintenance until Monday morning. The bug already spread too far till the point some players even have a thousand trillion gold. And to make it worse, they didn’t do rollback. That’s the start of AO Indonesia’s downfall.

You should understand that publisher is the one that aim for profit, and the one that don’t want to lose their users. Surely in most case, publisher doesn’t coordinate well with the developer, but there’s most likely because language barrier or developer’s lack of understanding local player’s behaviour. Publishing license rarely put publisher on the driver seat for the game they publish. It’s always the developer. Every event, every action, needs developer’s approval. That’s the truth. I don’t force u to believe me, but it’s true.

In other side, yes, Gemscool as local publisher we’re talking about, needs to improve their customer service. But, from what I know, TOS will be their all-out game for this year. That’s why they gave up the license of AO and Cabal Online. They want to focus in TOS, you can see their moves in pre-publish time.

If the problem is the community, why blame publisher? We should try to make our community better, not to talking ■■■■ that not even right. =_=

All the more reason to not trust local publishers if that is how they operate. I’d rather play with a higher yet tolerable ping on international servers than to play local BS which will just frustrate me all over again.

Having the main company like IMC opening up branches just like some other game companies like Wargaming or Blizzard will be so much better as they will deal with those kind of crap more properly. If the local publishers is competent enough maybe it’ll smooth things out a little bit and make some crap more tolerable but I highly doubt it. They are way too lax here about in-game offenders and very, VERY slow at dealing with them. Honestly I just think they put more manpower into tax dodging than the game itself.

And I still can’t agree that it’s entirely the community’s fault. The publishers never bothered when the community is rotting away. They just keep milking the money. Games which shut down in Indonesia still have some servers up and running in other country with the same publishing and licensing method.

Oh well even if they still wont allow us to play here
"WE WILL NEVER TOUCH ANY GAME PROVIDED BY INDONESIA PUBLISHER "
Dont think that ur winning, cause we are not stupid enough to fall into the same mistake twice

Thank You …

never trust local publisher… (publisher beside main publisher)

if this not fixed, im going back to FFXIV

well i’ve played atlantica before ( one of their RPG’s ) and it didn’t ■■■■■■ up too much. there’s no RMT, scam, and such. but the game is just too boring ( frankly, i dont know the problem because i played it on their cbt, so yeah. ) so probably that’s why the game didnt go too well

but you know, RMT are exist on every game, even on the first RO. i remeber doing this stuff very often :grin: so probably your argument is invalid.

now, rather than you guys keep blaming to the developers that you consider “shitty”. why just we try it ? i mean, just… give it a try, you know. i know you guys are pretty upset about this IP block things, but believe me, i do. probably they do their best since this is a “blockbuster” mmorpg, and keep this under their control. :slight_smile:

oh the game with cry engine ?

so you want to generalize all in one? seems interesting

why dont we give a try to local server, its free to play same with the inter one, less lag btw

if u feel dissapointing, just leave and u got nothing to lose.
like some of you will spent some bucks for inter one… idk :smile:

the fact that im playing right now with stat and skill reset in my bag stated that ive already spent 49$ for this game, yet i got questioned by those who still wait the free tagging shown lol
also the way you said nothing to lose, well sorry im going to lose my time, if i playing into local publisher then they closing just because the local pub screw up, so still no you can enjoy it urself tho, from your point of view its nothing to lose, only something to gain i pressume? well like all those 85% population of gold seller in indonesia lol. now that people who gonna bought those gold is already at international selling tokens i wonder how long you guys stay ingame, sorry just asking esp with the current trade sytem … oh wait i was gonna say good luck