Tree of Savior Forum

On behalf of Indonesian players who understand how game publishing works

Whoever create this topic : On behalf of Indonesian steam players: "this is why we hate our local publisher!"

Please stop it. You make Indonesian looks stupid. Seriously stupid.

1). RMT
Are you seriously thinking that the amount of RMT is publisher’s responsibilities?
Every game surely has RMT, you will NEVER find any f2p MMO with no RMT. Why every game in Indonesia has more RMT than the other? Ask your mindset. It’s all about how many gold/item seller/buyer. RMT is #1 enemy of every publisher. They will not stay calm and do nothing to RMT. The problem is : The game published in a country of 300M people, with more than half of the players are looking for money from game. The RMT traders will always grow faster and bigger than the amount they can ban.

2). Scam
Same as RMT. What do u expect publisher should do with scam?
Every in-game and off-game transactions are the player’s responsibility. Be a smart buyer. Don’t buy something obviously illegal.

3). Game-exploit, hacks, script and other illegal program activities
Again, THIS IS DEVELOPER’S RESPONSIBILTY to fix the game and improve the security. If you see Point Blank as your example, ask Zepetto why they never do anything regarding how fragile their Point Blank script. If you see Atlantica, you should ask NDoors why they didn’t give Gemscool more privilege to do emergency maintenance without their approval. Or why NDoors took so long to integrate a powerful game guard like Xigncode (It took about 5 years for them to realize that their game needs more protection). I play International Version of AO too, got to lvl 164 there, and I know that I can do the same game-exploit, bot, hacks, etc exactly the same as Indonesian AO. Then I realize that my countrymen are so cancerous and have no shame to exploit the bugs meanwhile global players doesn’t do it.

Every publisher has nothing to do with the game technical issues. They only handle the marketing and community. You should separate which problem caused by bad publishers and which problem caused by bad players.

In this case, Steam and Gemscool is on the same position. They are the publisher of their respective regions. It’s all about the agreement between them and IMC to put a region restriction under their published game.
They share the same rules : Steam will block IP from Indonesia (alongside with Korea, Japan, Macau, Taiwan, Hongkong, etc) and the local publisher from each country will block IP from outside the country. They put this disclaimer on the game description itself.
Do you think Steam will do the bot and cheat handling on ToS? Hell No!
Every publisher is profit-oriented. Don’t make it like Steam is a godlike publisher. It’s just purely stupid.

It’s true that local community is cancerous, but why is that should be publisher’s responsibility? It’s our job as part of the community to make it better. Gemscool did the right way to create some influened players as TOS community partner. They surely try to make a better community for TOS. It doesn’t suit you. But this time, the only option for you are take it or leave it.

In this case, Steam did a serious mistake that allow the EA to be redeemed from Indonesia. Since the items are on Steam’s management, they should refund the money into the player’s Steam wallet. This is the most ideal solution.

Please IMC, you should push Steam to do the refund, not IP unblock. And please split your attention to every server equally, since we experienced unequal service from developer on Atlantica, where it feels like Ndoors made Indonesian server as an experimental environment to build an anti-cheat system (because Indonesian server has the most bot/exploits).

I’m not playing in all the games Steam banned for my region because I understand that they can ban me anytime if I do that. I will try to make a better local community because I know that publisher is only the platform to deliver the game to players, and they basically do nothing to the game itself.

-Indonesian who once experienced the sad truth about Indonesian gamer-