Tree of Savior Forum

[ Noob Friendly Guide for Archer Class ]

you forgot that str gives you crit attack as well like @xylonez mention

Thanks for the guide, but you forgot to mentiopn the skill Twin Arrows from C3. And i’m curious if is it worth to get it.

@cesarhzp

I created another Archer and I’m leveling up just following this guide process, so far Twin Arrow is insane :wink: Awesome Single Target Damage! save 5 points from Cicle 2 to buy Instant Lv 5 of this! Totally worth it :wink:

With 60 DEX and a +5 Iron Bow (lv 60) I’m critting for 800 with Twin Arrow :wink:

The problem here is that because of the nature of how upping stats works, you get huge bonus values when you start pumping 300+ values into a certain stat (1 bonus stat for every 2 stats at 300+, eventually at 500+ you get 2 STR for every stat point spent).

With Dex, you never really want to put all your points into it because of the fact that crit ratio has a soft limit.

However with Str, once you’re 300+ points into it, you just get bonus points every 3 points or so. The raw value of extra points in STR makes it better to go fully into it. There’s never any diminishing returns for STR.

Also, when you start hitting content where enemies have 100+ crit resist, it really hurts your dex gains.

What I highly suggest is getting enough crit ratio from dex points and your gear until you start critting at 50%, then go all into STR. That’s how it was done in Diablo 3, and it worked great in terms of efficiency in damage.

There are -% modifiers on missile attacks

Suffers a 25% damage penalty against M size enemies.
Suffers a 50% damage penalty against L size enemies.
Suffers a 50% damage penalty against XL size enemies.

And as you refine your weapon it removes these -%'s and if you go high enough you get +%'s

These numbers might be old though i recall them getting adjusted at one point but i cant find which patch it was. and i cant remember how much the % changes each +.

Archers [missile] type damage reduction isnt like that anymore. The new values are:

10% vs. Medium size enemies.
25% vs. Large size enemies.

Also, lets not forget that [missile] attacks now shreds enemies physical defence up to 50%.

Sources:
New values for [missile] penalties. HERE.
[missile] attacks defence reduction. HERE.

Does the refine rate still improve the %'s? i was looking for it in the ktos thread but i couldn’t find where we talked about it. The thread has gotten awfully long lol.

I cant confirm, as Im not taking part of the EA, but I believe it does.

So… How much is 50% Crit ? Does DEX scales with your lvl as STR does?

Right now im lvl 97, Ranger C3 with:
STR: 62
DEX: 109
Crit : 153
Critical Rate: 128

@ Everyone!
I talked with a lot more players and consulted with diferent range leves (from Lv 50~230+) and I have to say that Althought Dex is awesome until Lv 200~ If you dont invest in STR your damage output will fall hard! So, going Full Dex will make your early time amazing and your late game hell :wink: I’ll remake the guide with this stats distribution: STR/CON/DEX - 3/1/1

Whit that, for example, at level 120 you character (without Gear/Gems) should be at Class Rank 5 and the stats would be like that:

STR: 133
CON: 33
DEX: 38

HP: 5637
SP: 769

Physical Attack: 253 - 253
Accuracy: 189
Block Penetration: 64
Critical Attack: 133
Critical Rate: 62
Evasion: 173

According to data gathered every 2.33 Critical Rate for an Archer translates to 1% actual Critical Rate, so you’d have 26,6%. If you considerar that Swift Step: Critical Rate adds 25% to you TOTAL Critical Rate, your actual chance goes to: 33,2%

This value of 33,2% does not count enemies Crit Resistance, but until later on (200+) Enemies doesn’t have much of that anyway. Around 30% Crit Damage sounds good enough for me. Also, i’ll probably have more because of my Gear/Gem :wink:

2 Likes

The 2.3 ratio is incorrect.

The correct formula is Crit Chance = (Crit Rate - Crit Res) * 42 / Character Level

That is why people say dex falls off at lvl 200+ - it takes more and more dex to maintain the same crit chance.

1 Like

I can’t find novaha annex on the world map, I only find novaha assembly hall, where excactly is it?

It’s the second floor of Novaha assembly hall…

So you guys suggest going for 3:1:1 STR:CON:DEX ? I can’t really decide about the stats to use… Right now I put around 50 str and rest dex and some con into that obv. But I was pretty sure I had to restat anyway later on, lol.
This kind of games are always a “mess” at begin to find the optimal stat allocation XD for now I will keep that till more calculations, field experience etc come out , since I’m not having much problems.

@enihta

STR will scale much better late game, while Dex is good in early-mid, you’ll die a lot late because:

a) Not enough HP (Low CON);
b) Mobs will hit you more often (they have high Accuracy);
c) The same as the other xD you’ll dodge less;
d) The Mobs will have higher Crit Resistance, so you’ll crit less, so less damage;
e) If you crit less you’ll have to relay on your base/STR damage, and since you invested in DEX… even lower damage…
f) i just wanted to put another letter :wink:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Ok, thanks for the answer :smiley: Will see what to do.
Probably yeah, in any case it’s better to go with higher base damage and compensate with gems etc…since there’s a soft cap of 80% crit rate it’s not good anyway to put too much stuff into it. And the dodge rate is kinda useless against many bosses. I already feel that since some times i’m having quite an hard time with them (even if it’s kinda cool because i have to never get hit by certain atks xD)

My bad i missed that change >.> I haven’t followed archer news very closely as most of the classes i like are mage or cleric.

So refine lvl no longer has any effect?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yea basic refine bonus but no more hidden bonus’s