Tree of Savior Forum

No one need you if you are not a Peltasta

Wiz3 Kino3 here.
It’s not good for boss indeed. Not bad, but not good compared to how much he shines in grinding pt/dungeons. But who cares ? Most of the time you’ll face foes, and most of archer will totally outdamage wizards vs boss.
And no, kino3 won’t tank at all x) You’re based on channeling, you don’t want to find yourself main tank :smiley: Anyway, most of the time, the monsters won’t be able to attack with a psycho 3, no need tank anyway (raise + gravity pole, telekinesie for isolated targets)

they could just make swashbulk a swordsman skill and give peltasta some magic tanking hability instead

4 Likes

This is not good news for me. I took HL and sorta regretting it. I have Corsair in my build tho and I’m going c2 > Shinobi (hoping he will get better with updates) . I guess I can compensate with jolly roger as team buff for dps so even tho I cant tank maybe some team might pick me. Also I am thinking as more guilds become available it will be possible to farm and lvl with Guildies regardless of build…hopefully haha. I went dps but I want to make a full tank eventually just not this guy.

It is kinda ironic how people starting to realize why its worth it to take peltasta, When I just started this game everyone keep on asking me "why do you take peltasta instead of HL. There is a reason why swordman got the biggest hp pool & we are the only class that has aggro pulling skill even we have passive for it (provoke), we just need to make the best out of it :slight_smile:

I am a Sw - HL3 - corsair .
And I love my character so far.
Planning to become a shinobi

Soo… Does this mean that as long as I took Pelta c1 I’m good? Is full tank so much better in high level dungeons, that it is worth giving up all the dps for those few utilities from tank classes, or Pelta1 is all I need to be useful and I should just keep going fps? I’ m Barb so there doesn’t seem to be any way to transform me into tank at this point other than reroll, but looking at those tank classes, they appear to give s*it at 200+ anyway, so how is it exactly?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Wow, so a DPS swordy is indeed useless than? Whats the point of being swordy dps, when 3! classes out dps you? Oh and I am consider a tank also? So I have to spend points in con to make that up, even weakening my dps even more? Jesus then whats the point of classes like dopp, barb, and highlander. Why didnt they just make the swordsman classes meant for just tanking then? So I didnt have to play this game because I like swordsman classes and hate being a tank. Just pisses me off I wasted money and time, and time again hunting for rare gear. And all these restrictions with the trade? And here I was 197 feeling bored of the game already, now I see this? Man ■■■■ this broken ass game. Smh

1 Like

190ish here, so I can’t say much about the real group content.

I can say this however: too often, players who never tryed swordman first hand have wrong expectations.

Peltasta real good thing is guard (aka holding your shield and increasing block chance), reducing damage taken is like increasing hp, takes more time for you to die. Swashbuckler from C1 aggroes 11 mobs, in my experience it is not a proper taunt, taunt usually FORCES the mobs to attack you, from what I understand it just applies provoke to them, same passive attribute from swordman circle 1. Increasing provoke to 10 is all you need to have aggro (the target attacking you, instead of others in your group).

I guess it also depends on what type of content you are doing, for grinding mobs that don’t aggro you on sight, SB is great, although I have to admit the most important part when doing this, is that the rest ofthe group understands not to run in front of you or to start dealing damage while yo uare still gathering up the crowd. If you can find a way to deal a bit of damage in the first few moments after aggroing them, with provoke to 10 they are going to stick to you for a while, maybe long enough for the party to clear the field. While you hold there, highlander gives you the ability to block with a 2handed right? I guess it is not as effective as shield guard + finestra at negating physical damage, but should be enough to give you extra mitigation, I’m just making assumptions here.

The main problem in my opinion is that the majority of players want the mainstream option; a month ago right before launch, peltasta and rodelero and constitution were all considered subpar, I even had someone not inviting me while grinding at some lvl 40 dungeon (I know it’s too low level, I had just started, what did I know?) because I had too many hp and therefore too little damage in his opinion - I had 20 points in con and 20 in str back than - now we start to experience hard-hitting monsters and the first choice is stacking CON.
If you have an unconventional build, the biggest effort will be convincing other players you can be useful, proving to them that you are is probably even easier.

1 Like

… 500% aggro generation wont hold stuff long.

If you mates do 10~20 times your dps xD…

Only swqashbuckling can hold stuff good.

totally unrelated, but is that the new taric?

How does SB actually work then?
When I use it I see a little “provoke” popup over the monsters affected by swash buckling. Does SB apply a higher level of provoke?
I know for a fact that if I just use SB and don’t deal damage I lose aggro right away, so it might be some weird jimmik I can’t figure out.

Hoplite C3 is pretty awesome paired with Doppel -> Dragoon. I named my weapon Critlord, cuz all I see is orange numbers!

Correct. This is the reason I abandoned my c2 swordsman -> c3 hoplite. Your trash without peltesta so welcome to the party :slight_smile:

I’m now an archer And useful.

1 Like

It’s like a story of Sword Art Online, but where Kirito sucks cause no SB.

Why should you take peltasta? 3 reasons:

1. Peltasta has SB. That means you can still be somesort of tank when no other around. Also is better for grinding.
  2. +25%
  3. Highlander is bad. You still get same and even better skills at Barb.

I’m using that build and doing nice damage, maybe you skilled it wrong?

The damage was fantastic. But no one will invite you if you can’t taunt. You will see at higher levels :slight_smile:

dragoon lvl 228 here and yeah swordman need someting against CC, something better than pain barrier and in damage, our skills cost too much SP and have high cooldowns (compare a fletcher with 0 cd in skills)

Oh the parties I been rejected by… Honestly, I don’t blame them.

People tell me to re-roll, I re-rolled into forum spammer.

22 Likes

It shouldnt make you lose aggro, if you dotn run off to far.
Or if you hit more then your maximum provocation count.

I use it just fine and it works.