Tree of Savior Forum

No one need you if you are not a Peltasta

Did someone say Potions!!!???

But yeah, I believe I play on the same server as you Mirarara, but I’ve yet to encounter people/swordsmen not using potions past alemeth.

early on though I will understand bonfire for sp, for hp i’d probably rely on potions still

Peltesta that just taunt and guard is just playing it wrong.

or maybe they just lazy or somewhere in between

I know peltesta is good and such the thing is i hate shield and that’s the only reason i wont go peltesta

Pick peltasta and dual wield. You get guardian benefits and swashbuckling to yourself, you also have a party utility right away.

I do, for example. Im playing with other players in that game only through auto queue in missions and rarely dungeons. And Im specially avoiding all “blue” classes. Why? It is like “I want to play as mdd and I will. And if Im mdd why should I take provoke?”. And it does not prevents me from tanking bosses on missions cos this random archers/mages cant do damage.

Just still waiting for swordsman damage dealing classes reworks.

Turning it off and on is fine, but not having the attribute is clearly a different story, it doesn’t even cost more than 100k to max it. not even 50k IIRC. when you get a group of ele3s and don’t have the provoke attribute, you wasted a good deal of time by not holding the aggro to give your allies a boost in positioning.

It is just priciple for me.

Yes, no one is stopping you from doing what you want, but if you want to end things fast there’s always a better way, no matter how dps built you are you can never outdamage an ele3, or even a full con ele3 with animus.

I simply give way to those who can do more damage, while dealing damage myself. If you don’t like it, don’t do it. If you enjoy spending more time smacking a monster repetitively, do it.

This is currently because of how swordsman classes are designed, but I can see kTOS trying to buff swordsman classes slowly, while iTOS just nerfed them before opening.

You’re all acting like Ele 3 does a bunch of damage to flying mobs when it doesn’t, and there’s more to Swordsmen then Skyliner -_- though the nerf was unnecessary.

We’re not just talking about flying mobs, are those the majority? Do we even have those in later grinding maps that give high exp? Do ele skills hit flying boss(yes)?

Oh look Highlander C3 builds died a few weeks after they realized how much dps they lost, yes it’s not about skyliner, but it DID a lot. that’s my point. And look how much they buffed barbs because highlanders are outdoing them, when Barb is supposed to be C3-C5, and HL is supposed to be C2-C4

Your forgetting the reality that Elementalist 3 damage is primarily hinged on Frost Cloud which varies in its effect whether the mob is flying or not, and if its flying then the damage of the class drops significantly. There are a (very small) amount of enemies that can remove or flip Frost cloud. Ele 3 damage isn’t impervious to critique, and it has shortcomings. Likewise, Archers are phenomenal against flying enemies.

How about people just be honest instead of melodramatic like school children.
Skyliner nerf hurt Highlanders yes, Highlander C2 is one of 5 linear options for a rank 3 (Hoplite, Barb, Pel C2, High C2, Sword C3) That one nerf is not indicative of the entire base class, Jesus.

That’s what Im talking about. I hate party grind or whatsoever. Im feel much more comfy with solo leveling. And thats why I can make any build that I want. Still dealing more damage then 50% of the archers and mages in dungeons and missions.

Well, we were talking about provoke and tanking. As damage dealer I definitely know that I should do. Weeks in builder and 4 dd swordsmans over 150lvl.

Then you realize, they still outdo you even with those shortcomings, hence the topic.

You know having an extra Fletcher or w3 ele3 does better than some random dps swordsman, right? Simply accept the fact that currently, we cannot do more. There’s enough threads that complain about it, I just dealt with it because sooner or later a balance patch should come.

Also my point doesn’t only revolve in Ele, I gave it as a sample because that’s the current state of the most wanted dps class, even if you go full con and use animus, you’ll do better as a dps. Naturally we have Ranger3 Fletcher archers or even sappers for other things.

But you will rarely see people looking for swordsman classes as a DPS, starting alemeth onwards, don’t even bother about flying mobs there, You’d likely end up in Alemeth>Evac>Storage>Workshop>Maven. Flying mobs that give high exp…? none, hence the ele popularity

Well, I dont know how is it in over then 200. But on my levels the strongest boss-killer is still hoplite. Idk but from first “stabbing” Im target of an each boss even with fletchers and elementalists in party (I have no provoke). There is still a chance that they are just bad, but all of them?..
In other situations u’re right we are much more weak in dealing damage.

Yes in missions I really like then I have fletchers and wugushi. And in dungeons linkers and elementalists. You are right. Random swordies are mostly just unskilled and very sadly equipped.
Like I saw hoplite-c3 - dopel with grey 2H sword TT. And one guy was c3swordsman-c3rodelero… facepalm

You are still on lower levels, you’ll see why others are complaining later on, even with a fully built dps character it really seems lacking.

As a level 276 Fencer, I can say my damage is good and enough to keep me satisfied, but my aoe attack ratio is in terrible tier I could only hit 3 medium monsters(which are very common later on) at a time. this drops my aoe dps significantly, I had to rely on barb skills for it, but you know they’re not really that powerful later on, just some bursts and stuns.

Throwing Gae Bulg on a pack of enemies Spikes party damage and thats moves purpose is for party benefit. You can get a fletcher or you can get 3 people going off of Gae Bulg.

Doppelsoeldnr has some of the most ridiculous scaling in Deeds 10 in tandem with correct Damage type even before Ktos.
Even now a Barb alone can reach 500+ Bonus physical attack on a boss between Frenzy, Gung-ho and Warcry (not including Concentrate), and Doppel 10 can double that to. Then correct damage types give +50% bonus on everything but Ghost. This is with the ability to generate 5x more aggro from its own damage, Block attacks (which boosts Piercing damage), higher base physical defense, far higher base health, and far more on-demand CC.
All pre-buffs.

The Swordsmen situation on these boards is so full of hyperbole it’s ridiculous. Like that thread which takes the single-hit naturally aoe Zornhau which serves as a catalyst to Zucken and compares it to flipping Snipe. Snipe which is a single-target nuke unless Circling/Linker/Full-Draw come into play and otherwise Zucken is able to deal out more damage per cast as a result of base AOE and its still not the main damage skill of C2 Doppel and being considered with Deeds of Valor.
Everything has to be stripped of all its contexts to give the weakest representation to the swordsmen line.

I can’t tell if many of you are intentionally deceitful or not, because any damage difference has to be multiplied to the 9th power for no reason whatsoever just to try and make a disingenuous point.
Then a horde of newer swordsmen players read the thread where a portion of the picture is being discussed and form opinions based on discussion that is missing information as people vent their frustrations.

Well, all swordies skills have that disadvantage. We don’t have that “400%+” or even “150%+”. Sigh…
And I also have fencer (c3highlander - corsair - fencer), but 183, if I remember right. And I like it too, but Im thinking about going to c2corsair. Idk. I already have c2 corsair but with rapier I think It will be new and positive experience. Cos I dont really like fencer second circle. I already have sept etoiles and louge and attaque coquille and flanconnade.

Doppel IS one of the best DPS swordsman classes, so no need to point that out.

Look at your warcry cooldown, look at your frenzy requiring you to stack. Compare them with buffs on other classes(archers in particular), what do you get? Yes these were fixed on kTOS, but then again, not here, yet, which I explained before as well(they buffed them for a reason, because it was needed).

I’m not sure if you’ve played other classes, but you can go try a ranger C3 and use barrage, it’s like doing what higher tier swordsman classes can do in AOE, with less cooldown at that.

Again, I’m not really complaining, but I already know that it is true that people are not looking for swordsman classes as a dps class.

Doppel has one of the greatest attack skillsets a swordsman class can have(lol DOV Cyclone), most people include 1 Doppel in their builds because it’s that powerful.

I’ve also started out testing different doppel variants because I’m nearing end with my fencer, waiting for C3…