Tree of Savior Forum

More buffs to swordman in kTOS

Taken from the kTOS thread

Patch note: http://pastebin.com/N6WPwFYt

Notable changes for swordman:

[Swordsman Classes in General]
- Whilst sprinting, you now also gain a 30% Resistance to negative status ailments.
- The Attack Power gained from the STR stat will be increased by 30%
[Highlander]
- Skyliner: Skills animation time has been decreased, and can also now be canceled.
[Barbarian]
- Pouncing: Skills hit range has been increased, Damage will also apply a little bit faster.

Now we want these in iTOS asap.

EDIT:
Before getting your hope up, watch this video

It said the 30% increase might only apply to auto attack (not confirmed)

5 Likes

ohh kTOS, where they buff skyliner more instead of nerfing them

2 Likes

That STR increase though… I want it.

hard buff indeed
this is half of what swordman want
still not enough

Yeeeeeeeaaaaaasssssssss.

I wonder how it will work with Pain Barrier & Cyclone.

Can you sprint while cycloning btw?

Still not enough kit.

Before getting your hope up, watch this video

It said the 30% increase might only apply to auto attack (not confirmed)

Nope but cyclone already have 75% status resistant attribute so it’s not all that important

Man, that increase is not that important. What’s really important is anti-control. There is no point in dealing damage when you get controlled before reaching your target.

I mean, the buffs sound nice and all, and its definetly a start. assuming STR worked for all skills and not just auto attacking, that’d be a welcome change. but i feel like theyre changing things too slowly.

They are making it one step at a time, and watching pvp/pve metrics data and etc. It’s how they should do it. Still, I do believe it’s still not enough for swordies to be capable of charging in in PvP. Time will tell.

they need to take it “archer” steps at a time, because at this time im sure swordsman is in crappier condition than archer was, which got MASSIVE changes.

The real question is: Will those buff come to us?

1 Like

It is better to massively buff swordman to an absurd power level (plague doctor level) then slowly nerf back, that taking 1 year to make swordman match the tier of current archer.

Cant sprint as cataphract, not thought through :wink:
or is trot = sprint here

if its only 30% more to auto attacks its bullshit not even worth adding to the game as it changes nothing… so i guess its either:

1. The KR people got it wrong in their test, but this is not likely to happen because it is a very simple thing to test.
  2. The actually balance wasn’t implemented right in this patch, and its only scaling with auto atks because its a bug. if so, they will fix it soon. this option is more likely whats happening now, in my humble opinion - because the official patch notes clearly says 30% increase… not just to auto atks… so… yeah.

30% on str its like when you have 200 str you have the stat increase by 60

And str scale in all your attack

They aint saying only auto attack if it not work as intended there’s gonna be a fixed

those buff not helping fencer at all
but nice to see they balance out swordsman class

no change for full CON cata

While i do like the STR increase, even if it’s only for autoattacks (might be good for double weapon assault builds) i wish they’d also improve DEX.

And damn, i wish we’d have koreans Skyliner. Or a middle-ground version, like 3 overheat and 5 seconds cooldown…

Me too !!

I really envy korean Highlanders, with the 0cd Skyliner.
I hope IMC doesn:t give us increased animation instead reduced one, because apparently IMC hate skyliner