Tree of Savior Forum

No one need you if you are not a Peltasta

No thanks, then swordsman are forever punching bags.

I play swordsman because I like berserker character, strong melee style, movement, attack speed, aoe and so on.
I’m not a fan of tanks and I don’t want that every swordsman class has one single job, “being a punching bag and block” zzzzz.

Just give every swordsman class a good percentage scaling skill. 50-100% on some skills, that’s enough to compete with archers at least.

Archer have much more damage + range, they don’t have to dodge when stronger monster do their aoe spells.
Swordsman has to go melee, so why can’t they deal at very least the same damage? ( they actually should deal slightly more, like in every other balanced mmo) because RANGE is everything and a huge advantage

Do you even highlander 3?
I can 1 vs 10 lv 220 mages (when I was lv 147) in Alemeth forest and won.I doubt barb can do so.
And armor break plays a huge role against high Def bosses such as golems. Archers would suck my d for it.

1 Like

Well all say swordsman suck at PvE but i also hear swordsman suck at PvP? very bad -.-

I am Highlander 3 lvl 152 so far, i think its nice until now but i dont know how it is engame.

the +25% hp buff is still good.

Highlander 3 is so underrated. People say Barb is better, but don’t realize the Cleave buff was given in kTOS so they can compete with Highlanders in terms of damage vs bosses

2 Likes

I have about 15.5k hp and I take 1 dmg from monsters and 500 ~ 1k dmg off bosses in siaulai 220 ~ 230, and I’m not wearing a shield, while that squire guy has a big shield and 40k hp and hes taking like 350 dmg off monsters and 2.5k ~ 5k dmg off bosses

Sooo Let me make something clear…

• You don’t have to carry a big bulky shield to be a tank

• You don’t have to dump a single stat point on CON to be a tank

• You have to wear a full plate armor set

• You need buffs

• You have to have very high Physical Defense / Magical Defense / And some Evasion

Have a nice day.

1 Like

The biggest issue here is actually the party 50% 4-class bonus. If there wasnt any bonus, most parties wouldnt mind having an extra warrior or 2. Remove the class balance bonus and this problem will be fixed.

A lot of times my parties have at least 1 Peltasta. It’s very commom to have 2 and I feel “rare” because I’m a High C3 with Corsair C1.

I see no advantage to have a lot of “tankers” at the same party (instead of one tanker and one DPS) and since it’s the most popular build now, it’s almost inevitable to find one at search party queue.

I prefer to leave the tank role for who really are a tanker.

They should put certain defining skills in each of the starting classes. Kind of like how clerics start with heal.

Archers starts with… swift step? i never played an archer, but that seems good so they can keep distance?

They should give mages something like an SP regen skill in rank 1 since they are always running out of it or maybe put surespell in rank 1

Swordsman should get a taunt, but give peltasta a better one or the class would be worthless.

BRB

Please tell me how you’re taking 2000-4000 less damage than the Squire you look down on. You have 2000 more physical or magical defense?

Sooo let me make something clear: don’t lie here. No one is impressed. You are just misleading new players with your bragging. Also, if your HP is that low in plate, you’re probably only around level 200, so you haven’t even reached anywhere near endgame content.

8 Likes

A korean party at Earth Tower with NO Swash Buckling (just a Corsair):

Linkers aren’t nerfed on kTOS, but I see no difficult for this party.

2 Likes

That’s what I see, there is no need for a tank in this game if you have a good linker keeping the mobs close, SB would help? yes, but another DPS imo is better.

I am lv 165 corsair c1 with 14k hp…is it too much lol?
I can burst down a group of mob while having high hp and Def to withstand their attacks.
In mission…turn on provoke and jump around like a mofo lol. Always use armor break when it’s up, and cross cut + skyliner if boss doesn’t immune to bleeding.

who say highlander is bad probably duno much about swordsman loool

No one is the denying the tankiness of Swordsman classes. The problem is in PvE you are either doing damage or taking it. You aren’t doing both.

If you aren’t taking damage, then really you should be doing as much damage as possible. The tankiness of your DPS classes is hardly a concern. It becomes more of a concern as the content gets harder near endgame, but gear and teamwork fixes that anyways.

“No one need you if you are not a Peltasta”

thats actually true - had that a week or so ago when a random swordi joined party and he couldn pull…somebody in party whispered me that our swordi just runs after us and leeches exp while were doin the job and kinda wanted to make a new party with an available pel so the swordi wont feel offended if we would jst kick him and say goodbye - truth hurts sometimes but ya i as a spoiled marthon grinder demand a pel and chrono 3 in party…to a point where i feel demotivated to grind if we wont have said classes - they simply speed up the grinding process by 30-50% i mean 8m without chrono and pel or 13 with chrono and pel is a huge difference - but ya kinda got spoiled and i feel like in perma slow without a chrono

1 Like

Thats only if those who have chose the tank build but how bout the pure dps route “neglected in your opinion” ?
-Smaller Aoe
-Lower range
-More CC than archers, not really since kd/stun dont rly matter for mobs above lvl 200+ let alone bosses
-Tankiest tree by large amount, well since they are short range and first to be damaged so ofcourse they should be given something in return? Not to forget eva/def is useless against homing magic missles.
-Taunt, thats only applied if they went peltasta or took the “aggro attribute”(this alone is not efficient enough to hold aggro)

Well they still can be useful but you need to know the main issue they are facing. There’s a reason why there are dps/tank/support builds else why are there such class diversities in ToS? If one can’t even choose to play as a pure melee dps without any gameplay issues then wouldn’t it pretty much defeat the main purpose of the game’s flexible mechanics? It still can’t be ignored that this is currently being unbalance? Once there’s a demand problem in parties, that alone is already can be seen as class imbalance.
No offence intended :sweat_smile:
Imma share my opinion here as well :open_mouth:

You are 100% right here. It is a MAJOR balance issue. I’m hoping it gets fixed at later levels, because I don’t see it getting fixed right now. The easiest way to fix it partially is simply stop spamming magic mobs and put in more physical mobs. It’s a temporary solution.This alone would buff swordsman tenfold, as dexterity and dodge would be far more useful, plus enemies wouldn’t outrange you.

Yes, you can always get a linker, or even a cryo, but you’re already relying on other classes to make up for major flaws, which isn’t addressing the root issue.

The biggest problem is just that swordsman are designed to be more well rounded. This isn’t a good thing in PvE group play. If there was a way that they could massively lower their HP to greatly increase their damage, all of a sudden they are now balanced as a DPS class too. Deeds of Valor almost does this, but it falls short, and it is bugged as most people know.

It basically comes down to this: The only way to balance swordsman is to make them give up their HP for damage. As long as they have way higher HP than the other classes, they can’t be doing as much damage them, or that wouldn’t really be fair to them (the other classes).

Post 200 swordsman is just brutal if you’re not a tank. You’re going to have to make some good friends. It is entirely IMC’s fault. This game is very new though, and it is all subject to change. They are definitely listening to us, so just keep giving advice and CONSTRUCTIVE opinions.

1 Like

Uh huh…