Tree of Savior Forum

NO Job reset PLEASE!

I wanna add two points:

1. Every new Rank will change the meta like each new Generation of Pokemon it does. People shouldn’t rush to the max Level just to demand a new Level cap and/or new Ranks, it doesn’t solve anything.
  2. Each class choice changes the game play. Playing a Sapper with QS1 differs from Sapper with RO1 or AR2. Play around with the different build opportunities is most interesting aspect of ToS right now.

and with that, that its required to level there attributes towards 80% to make there skills usefull so they have to waste 10’s of millions each character just for that.

The game is flawed with attributes the way it is, job reset will happen. Or they will have to scale all the new classes to work well with existing classes.

1 Like

The OP, who has requested IMC to not implement class resets, hasn’t even logged in to this forum since May. I guess IMC’s lack of class resetting totally kept the OP around, huh?

3 Likes

THis is subjective.

And game experiences and content varies between different MMORPGs.

Some classes are really hard to level. As a templar, a guild leader, who hates swordsman. Youd probably understand a need for class reset. Why ■■■■ on other peoples needs when you clearly dont care?

There is a lot of contributing factors why it would be necessary.

• Economy. In some places PEOPLE DONT HAVE THE TIME TO SPEND ON REROLLING. I am a guild leader, and I was basically forced to level a class I have trouble enjoying. Do you know how frustrating it is leveling a templar up to 225? And just missing out on a whole bunch of damage oppurtunities that conveniences your leveling speed?

• Supporting the game you like through things that can be useful. Self explainatory.

• MMORPG isnt necessarily about what you mentioned. No game intentionally has you rerolling. And no one wants to do that honestly. I mean an altaholic may enjoy making new characters. But people want a main character to identify with. It like making a home. Making home in a body in a fantasy world. No one wants that tredded on. You know how many people probably had to remake multiple times due to rebalancing? Do you know how weak swordsman can be at lv220+? Do you know that struggle? Do you understand how weak templars can be if their characters arnt right and you discover this to late? Right when they establish a guild with 20+ people in it?

• Convenience for those who enjoy the genre and are extremely busy.

Being inclusive helps the game YOU LIKE GET SUPPORT. It means more money to keep this game a live. I know you dont care if this game dies or not. And that you dont want this kind of convenience for people who dont have that privilege. But theyre funding the game. And honestly. You should look at challenge from a different perspective instead of one with an endgame that can be so jeapordizing to the survival of the game. Someone changing classes doesnt effect you. It doesnt effect their power. Its not even pay2win.

Just because you have the luxury of time, doesnt entitle you to put others at disadvantage.

6 Likes

Yes, I am about that level. I don’t know, man. 270+ is pretty much way beyond solo-leveling that difference in builds would matter.

let’s see:
1-210 consists mostly of quests and queueing dungeons
210-260+ some quests but mostly via grinding parties

if you’re talking about the difficult mobs at higher leveled maps, I think majority is realizing by now that quests at this level ranoge is pretty much going towards a more party-oriented gameplay. Even as a scout/fletcher, I’m having a hard time facing mobs with ridiculous amount of hp let alone surviving high level archer monsters.

If you can’t do those maps, you can always grind til 280, right? Besides, that’s what most anti-reset elitits are blabbering about.

And even if there are builds and classes that are RIDICULOUSLY faster than other builds, why would it matter? It’s not as if they’re jumping right away to level cap. It would still cost them real time money.

What? I solo’ed quests till 278 lvl and 15 class no problem. That’s why people would do fast solo classess early and on 280-330 lvl switch into full endgame/pvp/support roles.

ToS is Tree of Solo right now. Except Earth Tower you don’t need pt :slight_smile:

Why would IMC want to implement a reset if everyone plays like that? They would rather have a non-reset so everyone can play a diversity of classes from 1-280 rather than do the most optimal and then reset at 280.

That was likely their intent but considering that a lot of the levelling experience is questing doing banal things like picking flowers for npcs, where your gameplay is the same whether your playing a mounted swordsman or a bare fisted melee monk or a summoning sorceror, most of what its really done is just drive people to quit

IMC really needs to either implement resets or make it so that relevelling is actually fun by most average standards. Unfortunately, there is no indication of any plans from them to do either.

1 Like

I don’t know about that. You mean you haven’t done any grind at all and only used level 9-11 cards from 200-278? Now that’s something.

Anywho, why would it matter? those who can’t solo quests can either find people to party with to either do quests or grind. It would be ridiculous and a waste of money to actually use class reset just to be ahead in leveling by an insignificant amount.

You’re all talking as if different classes can pick up flowers and whatever trash for npcs faster than others or kill 20 monsters faster that it would be gamebreaking. And of course, if ever there’s a class reset (whatever the mechanics and restrictions), it wouldn’t cost 10 TP based on how you talk about it. It should cost just as much as the amount of time you’ll spend doing quests a few minutes slower or the amount of time rerolling for another character.

PS. Don’t get me wrong, I’m honestly still keeping an open mind. I myself don’t want and need any class reset any time soon with the current state of the game. I was once against having any form of reset in ToS but after playing the game and exploring more content, I realized it’s a more reasonable and healthier feature for the game - not for my own since I wouldn’t need it or wouldn’t afford it, but for more options for others. Besides I have yet to see a proper argument than the usual “it will make things easier” people have been rephrasing over and over.

Ain’t that the truth. That there maxim governs MMO’s, ya’ll. We’re all rats trying to work out the shortest path to the digital cheese.

I too find that questing is boring after repeating it numerous times, which is why in other threads I suggested many things in which to make leveling and questing more fun and engaging.

Nip the problem in the bud, the problem lies with the quests and leveling not being engaging enough for players to roll new toons, not the game NOT having any resets.

No, I’m talking about the problem that comes when a reset is implemented. The game already doesn’t have enough players doing the lower end dungeons. If a reset is implemented, more players will just reset and not roll new characters, further starving the amount of players willing to do full clears of such dungeons. Just look at those MMOs with resets of sorts, is it easy to find parties in DGs which are not max level?

If everyone plays just 1 character, set to level optimally, there will be a lack of diversity of classes during the journey to max level. Like what I said posts back, this game has just too many ‘followers’ and lack of ‘innovators’. This is going to hurt even more if such convenience is implemented.

No worries mate, I too keep an open mind to both sides. I’m on my 8th character in levelling, and it is seriously getting more and more boring. But then I too know that some things are limited and not in the game for a reason. The only way to solve it is to find a way which is reasonable for all 3 parties, to get those who needs a reset some form of reset, to let those who are adamant about resets convinced and benefit from it too, and to let IMC still keep their design and concept of the game intact.

This is what we should strive for.

Yeah. Sad isn’t it haha. But bad for us this is what games are ultimately about, they put obstructions and obstacles in front of us to restrict us from getting to our goal fast.

1 Like

how about this, once your character can reach cap level/certain level you get a tradeable reset item(could be full class reset or 1 circle reset, idk you guys decide) that can be tradeable once.

While imc wont sell a reset item in the tp shop or something.

that way people that need to reset, still has to find players willing to sell the reset item from people that don’t want to use them at high price as a punishment of sorts for f***ing up your builds mid way(unless you are kind enough, giving it for free :P). while those players that dont need it gets silvers for something that is not useful to them

its just an idea though…

Stop trying to give New ideas or ways. Imc wont release resets, otherwise they will have to change some game mechanics, like team level, using pets as part of the team, etc.

Well, they can’t even fix the problems of the server (optimization and head spin), i doubt they can create something like a reset.

Well, i’m still waiting for updates. Once kToS finalized their updates and my choices is still narrowed to 2 dogshit R8 classes then i’ll just quit. I don’t have the leisure to re-roll for the 4th time. 1 or 2 people quitting are nothing to a 5k player game.

I already quit once, got back because of R8, i prepared and got disappointed.

What?..Pets are already part of the team and class reset won’t affect team level since it doesn’t affect levels…unless this was all sarcasm?

Whats the point of team level if you can create 4 chars, one of each class and reset for the meta whenever you feel he is sht?

Team level is there to ease your rerolls.

It’s definitely a capability/resource thing. Look at how they treated TP comp for tokens. They could have taken the time to code it so that the people who BOUGHT tokens would receive the compensation, but that was either too difficult or too time draining for them to program, so what did they do? Something far more simple, if a character has a token in their inventory, 100 TP, boom, done, doesn’t matter if they’re not the ones who spent money to buy it in the first place.

Same issue here, it’s not that they’re opposed to class reset, it’s that it would take time and money they either don’t have or don’t want to spend. They’d have to make sure your attirbutes stayed with you, as I’m sure someone who spent millions maxing out an attribute would want to keep it if they did a class reset and picked that circle again. But since that requires too much work, why bother? On top of which, forcing people to reroll supposedly keeps players engaged longer (those that want to stick it out, people will undoubtedly drop off).

I personally don’t need a class reset, I’d like it, but I don’t need it, but I have to say, when done right, they work well and make the game far more enjoyable. What I loved about WoW was the talent system. I’ll admit it’s not as complicated as circles are in ToS, but as a paladin I could tank, heal or DPS, eventually, I could switch between specilizations and reset all my talent points too. So I could DPS when I wanted to and heal when I wanted to without making two different characters.

If anything, class resets would be beneficial because they would add MORE diversity to the game, not less as people argue. People go the meta build because of the huge time investment, because it’s the safe choice. Of course there are stragglers who invest so much time in a character they don’t reroll despite a bad build, but I don’t think most players are like that. People are far more likely to stick with a meta build since they know it works and play that, then try different builds because of the huge time commitment. When I hit R7 on my archer, I was so excited to finally get musket and eventually was kind of underwhelmed by it and wanted to go cannon instead, but I felt no desire to go through it all again because I genuinely enjoyed all my circles prior to musket. It would be awesome to have the ability to try both and stick with one I knew I liked. I did reroll and go a different route completely into fletcher partly because I wanted something to flow into R8 nicely but a bigger part is because I wanted something new and exciting, I didn’t want to get another character to 240 with only a single circle difference because that would be boring.

1 Like

because you want multiple different kinds of circles? No one said reset should be easy or without a significant burden. My archers are my mains but I love swordsmen, I have one that’s a corsair going shinobi, one that’s a cata going catagoon, and one that’s going dopl all at varying levels. If class resets were available, I wouldn’t just make one and reset to try all different builds because I want to be able to play 3 different individuals characters. And if resets were limited and you could only reset one character every say 4-6 months and the silver cost would be huge, it’s not something people could do all the time or would do.

And I’m gonna use WoW again as an example. They allowed for reset, but guess what? I had one of every class and most at max level. For the classes I really enjoyed, I had multiple characters of the same class because even with talent reset you were limited what you could do between three talent trees.

No one is saying make reset easy, make it hard, make it burdensome, but have it available in some way because it’s proven to improve player retention.

Because we can take 1 individual person as an excuse for the whole.
Want to compare to wow?

Everyone was Frost mage. Now fire is the New meta, everyone is fire mage now.

Such diversity.

If we take you as example, class resets become even less important, just create new chars to test stuff.

Doesnt matter if reset is given to people by completing ET 40F. It shouldnt be hard, it shouldnt even exist.

I don’t know how WoW is these days, I played from vanilla through wrath of lich king and quit after that, but during my time playing, in 40 man raids you had to play optimal builds to succeed, period. But it loosened up as more expansions came out and with the death of 40 man raids and balanced classes, people could more or less play any build they wanted as long as it synergized with your overall raid comp and people did. Especially once talent respec was announced (Before dual specilizations was a thing) I would play my paladin as a tank for raids and switch to Ret for DPS during the week. I had the gold to do that even though it cost a lot to constantly respec. I would have played the game FAR less and been way more bored if I HAD to stay as a tank spec for the sake of my guild raid the entire time I was playing.

ToS inherently is far more casual than vanilla WoW ever was, it doesn’t adhere to the trinity structure of tank/heal/dps. Except for ET, you can do any dungeon now with 5 of any class, regardless of circles. The only thing you can’t handle without a little more organization is ET and some endgame WB.

I still just don’t see the issue with allowing circle resets and I don’t even need it for any of my characters. I already earned most of the end game gear I need for my main and am working on leveling up other characters. If someone else spent the time getting to Rank 7 and now wants to have the opportunity to reset because it didn’t work out, what does it matter to me? Go for it man, play what you want to play. I think it’s wrong to assume that everyone would just play the meta, I think everyone would play what they want to play regardless, unless I’m in the minority here.

1 Like