Tree of Savior Forum

NO Job reset PLEASE!

How you feel doesn’t actually matter when it comes to statistics.

I used term “no life” us spending 24/7 in game grinding for Equips used for experimental builds in my reasons for even talking with some one like you.

They already do have resets, circle resets are an inevitability at this point.

Well you thank those “no life” for the majority of the builds in existence. I wasn’t aware how you chose to spend your time in game dictated your quality of life. I guess I’d better go idle in town and chat if I want to look like I have a job and kids, huh?

There is still hope:

also:

unless this was an official poll on the main page of the site, 500 or so players is in no way shape or form even close to represent the opinions of 30k+ players. and that’s more split than you think: 216 v 266, and I don’t agree with none of those 3 options so that leaves too much out aswell

1 Like

That’s in games that have class reset or switching to new type of classes or in games like ff14 where all classes available and can be easily switched between. In game like this with no job/circle most builds come from cbt players, there 1% of builds coming from those of obt.

Bringing up FFXIV, the game where there is literally next to no diversity? Why? Do you want to get rid of stat points and skill points too?

2 Likes

And in WoW i can get max level by buying the game.

Just saying, this isnt ff14, the class system is entirely different from ToS.

1 Like

Diversity in WoW and FFXIV hinges on your skill and gameplay, completely different methodologies between those 2 sandboxes, and a game like this where they are simply trying to artificially create diversity by making a truckload of (faux) choices.

1 Like

I’ve played FFXIV and I played it hard. Heavensward, Alexander Savage, all of that. I can tell you firsthand that there is only one way to play any class and the only diversity is how well you cater to that. Obviously it is more mechanic heavy with actual boss AI, but in terms of building a character in FFXIV, every Scholar is the same.

1 Like

Job Reset must be present in the form of losing everything except bonus status points and items. So you will start over as level 1 without exp cards (or with if you’ve saved them). That’s best possible solution.

1 Like

Harsh but fair. I agree. Though I think an EXP Boost based on the rank you reset at might be a bit more fair. After all EXP Cards are a majority of your levels. Now if you wanted to reset quest progress as well, then I have no qualms.

1 Like

So…you want rebirth?

Hey, at least it keeps people mildly content with their gimped builds they were driven into due to forums posts of bad builds, and doesn’t piss on the time they’ve already invested.

Perfect.

Also i just realized something.

You want this to be like ro rubiss and all other no reseters.

But this isn’t a hardcore game.

If anything it is the exact opposite with no grinding even needed till 165 and bosses that have no mechanics and so on.

Your trying to make this a hardcore type game with no resets but every single other part of this game literally screams casual for the most part.

1 Like

I never said I wanted this to be like Ragnarok. That’s you projecting. I get that you want to push your circle reset agenda, but don’t go putting words in my or other people’s mouths to do so.

I’ve yet to see an argument saying “Well it was like this is RO so it should be this way in ToS” and if there is, they are in the vast minority. I just don’t think you should be able to simply pick and choose your circles once you hit x rank. I think there should be a penalty to resetting your circles.

First off, don’t extrapolate on to something that’s not there…

Comprehend what I’m saying here…you already f*cked up your build. YOU want a reset THEY won’t let you reset. The MIDDLE GROUND that not only rewards people who build correctly, but also give people who suck it up and keep truckin’, is the rebirth.

YOU get your reset. THEY keep the game from going full “Spr only C3 Arch C2 TS”…

No one is trying to make the game hardcore, IMC already stated that was the type of game they wanted out of ToS. Get over it. I don’t like the no reset option either , but you don’t see me being a puss about it either…

Oh, and NOTHING in this game “screams” casual…5000 mobs to level is hardly casual. Saving EXP cards (without being directed to do so…) is ESPECIALLY not casual. 400+ levels…you go take your ass back to Pirates Online with that mess.

1 Like

We were talking about majority of builds made by no lifers, I assumed you talking about builds from other games. Becouse majority of TOS builds were made by people who didn’t care during cbt, you realize there no point running generic builds when it gona be wipe any way? If we talking about builds from other games it’s obviously diffrent to each game according to their whole when people experiment, when it computer unrewarding when you play experimental builds and well most of those come out to thing you did not expect, you might want sword Mage but becouse you thought 1 of circles like c5-6 was wrong choose you need to create same char and do same thing over again? Haha. Games like ff14 have their own play style and main factor why it’s fun becouse you can easily chose classes and what to chose depends on you. From you post so far it seems you just don’t want others to have fun, and you are afraid that those who don’t research their classes will just reset when they find how other classes better suited to their play style. " I want to be #1 and I don’t want too many people to contest me over it, when they did not research their builds like me", that’s what you’re saying.

NO JOB RESET

Reroll if you want meta