Tree of Savior Forum

NO Job reset PLEASE!

Job Reset must be present in the form of losing everything except bonus status points and items. So you will start over as level 1 without exp cards (or with if you’ve saved them). That’s best possible solution.

1 Like

Harsh but fair. I agree. Though I think an EXP Boost based on the rank you reset at might be a bit more fair. After all EXP Cards are a majority of your levels. Now if you wanted to reset quest progress as well, then I have no qualms.

1 Like

So…you want rebirth?

Hey, at least it keeps people mildly content with their gimped builds they were driven into due to forums posts of bad builds, and doesn’t piss on the time they’ve already invested.

Perfect.

Also i just realized something.

You want this to be like ro rubiss and all other no reseters.

But this isn’t a hardcore game.

If anything it is the exact opposite with no grinding even needed till 165 and bosses that have no mechanics and so on.

Your trying to make this a hardcore type game with no resets but every single other part of this game literally screams casual for the most part.

1 Like

I never said I wanted this to be like Ragnarok. That’s you projecting. I get that you want to push your circle reset agenda, but don’t go putting words in my or other people’s mouths to do so.

I’ve yet to see an argument saying “Well it was like this is RO so it should be this way in ToS” and if there is, they are in the vast minority. I just don’t think you should be able to simply pick and choose your circles once you hit x rank. I think there should be a penalty to resetting your circles.

First off, don’t extrapolate on to something that’s not there…

Comprehend what I’m saying here…you already f*cked up your build. YOU want a reset THEY won’t let you reset. The MIDDLE GROUND that not only rewards people who build correctly, but also give people who suck it up and keep truckin’, is the rebirth.

YOU get your reset. THEY keep the game from going full “Spr only C3 Arch C2 TS”…

No one is trying to make the game hardcore, IMC already stated that was the type of game they wanted out of ToS. Get over it. I don’t like the no reset option either , but you don’t see me being a puss about it either…

Oh, and NOTHING in this game “screams” casual…5000 mobs to level is hardly casual. Saving EXP cards (without being directed to do so…) is ESPECIALLY not casual. 400+ levels…you go take your ass back to Pirates Online with that mess.

1 Like

We were talking about majority of builds made by no lifers, I assumed you talking about builds from other games. Becouse majority of TOS builds were made by people who didn’t care during cbt, you realize there no point running generic builds when it gona be wipe any way? If we talking about builds from other games it’s obviously diffrent to each game according to their whole when people experiment, when it computer unrewarding when you play experimental builds and well most of those come out to thing you did not expect, you might want sword Mage but becouse you thought 1 of circles like c5-6 was wrong choose you need to create same char and do same thing over again? Haha. Games like ff14 have their own play style and main factor why it’s fun becouse you can easily chose classes and what to chose depends on you. From you post so far it seems you just don’t want others to have fun, and you are afraid that those who don’t research their classes will just reset when they find how other classes better suited to their play style. " I want to be #1 and I don’t want too many people to contest me over it, when they did not research their builds like me", that’s what you’re saying.

NO JOB RESET

Reroll if you want meta

Sure. If you don’t put research into min-maxing, why should you be able to do so without research? Does this not invalidate the time others spend researching?

By the way, good luck min-maxing in FFXIV without research. Please go and try doing a savage raid without knowing what your optimal stat spread is on day one. Spoilers: You’re not clearing any content until weeks later when you can afford the new gear to boost you up.

1 Like

You are noticing that diversity will never be achieved when you are pushing top percentile content right? That has nothing to do with diversity but with efficiency and would turn out that way regardless of circle resets or not.

He dose not, it’s like talking to block of wood. You need to write whole essay for him or he will have no clue.

As far as FFXIV is concerned however, regardless of the level, there is only one way to play a class. Your allocated stat points mean nothing at endgame, there are no skill points. The gear progression is also very linear and at best boils down to choosing between two sets and maybe some crafted gear if you care about min-maxing.

My only point was that FFXIV has no relevance here as it is a completely different game with a no diversity. A Scholar is always a Scholar. You know their complete toolkit and you know what they will be bringing to a party.

Trust me you need them. If you play around lv400-500 and some your class have rework skill, remove skill or add new hidden class.

and If you think about this game come to easier game. not true
I suggestion about reset class. If IMC rework skill or nerf skill should give reset class for everyone but reset class have duration in mailbox. If you don’t use them, reset class will out of time can’t usable. and reset class don’t sell in cash shop.

I think that fair enough for everyone.

My point is not on the FF level either. Endgame raiding in most MMOs has nothing to do with diversity. As soon as difficulty is pushed you bring the best classes for the job and they will all be identical without fail.

You need max single target dps? That would be X. Sometimes you have better balance then it is you can bring X or Y. Chars are rerolled with endgame in mind and after a while you have them all and it doesn’t matter anymore especially since it doesn’t take a month of serious grinding to get a char into the raid.

IExcept there’s a huge difference between a bad scholar and a good scholar. The skill ceiling in TOS is DECIDEDLY quite a bit lower given its design.

The only difficult in this game comes from the grind (I.E. Time).

If people can call old school WoW Grand Marshal a skill-less accomplishment (which they do) because it only required lots of time, we too can call TOS pretty soulless in the difficulty department. Hence, it’s not a hardcore game, and thusly, is not required to adhere to ideals based on the presumption that this game is meant to be hardcore in its approach towards class choices (and the permanence behind those choices).

Also the player base of hardcore styled games is low, only people who enjoy the challenge play them, (talking about being massochistic to self, I at list will not be happy when I am lv400 and my build is falling off, I should make new char then and spend over half a year to reach lv 400? I will just uit and look for new RPGs out there that I will have high hopes for, there allot of players like this. And I repeat again job/circle reset will be available. What are you arguing about?

And ToS doesn’t have raiding, which is why I am baffled as to why the topic of FFXIV continues to come up.

@tkachborus Or instead of re-rolling when your class falls off, maybe rank up and pick a new class? If your entire class tree is bad, maybe suggest some buffs and rally some support. Or is the solution to simply circle hop around?

@Zipzo You’re trying very hard to push ToS as a casual game and honestly, it’s not. I get that you want it to be, but it’s not.

3 Likes

Dungeons/missions and guild war have no connections with raiding? We playing same game? And your the one making ff14 coming up, I used it us example, and you discussing it now.

If you think dungeons in ToS are anywhere on the level of raiding, then I don’t think you’ve raided in any MMO ever.