Tree of Savior Forum

[NINJA COMMUNITY] Shinobi Class build, etc. (Updated as of 05/16/2016)

i also follow that build just take fencer since it has 2 debuffs which boosts slash damage and pierce damage. Way too good to boost your bunshin+ double slash and kunai.

Why am fked if i got lvl 1 guardian? If my skills ends up being fked ill consider buying skill reset.

Nice plan. I might get fencer too if theres skills that buff up slash/pierce dmg. Fencer C2 or corsair C3 at rank 8.

New Guardian buff in ktos which will also come to itos increases def but reduces 14% of attack @ Lv. 1

The patch is not very specific with the text, it can means that our flat actual values will be % or it can means that the guardian will use % but they aren’t specified.
Maybe the resultant atack punishment isn’t to high in level 1 (maybe 4 % ) or something like this, remember that a tank must do some damage to keep the aggro, i dont think that they nerf the guardian for non-tank users, i think that they want to help tanks with a usefull defense boost in high levels of skill.

But after all anyone knows, lets pray for a low % damage reduction, in dex builds it was something usefull in pvp with swash buckling ( in pvp you can use pots after using it, and since you have more maximun health, cure tiles heal you more) it also helped in pve (taunt), in conclusion taking peltasta for the buffs was the best option for both game content, maybe afther this patch it can be a heavy stigma in our builds, but we always will be allowed to swap weapons and block in massive pvp fight.

Please devs, don’t destroy my peltbarbsair-shinobi-fencer xD…

2 Likes

Well it is % from what it states here.

One reason that some known players in kTOS quits.

That’s my build right now. It’s a good build that allows you to do well in all areas. Spear build will be better for bosses for sure or really tanky single target in PVP but then you have to choose between Sw3 or Cor2, both being great at PVP. I’m also leaning towards Cor3 at rank 8 if there are no updates for Shinobi. Here are my thoughts.

Pros:

Jolly Roger lv10:

Quickly farm any rare outside of dungeons. I’ve stolen battle bracelets, boss cubes, rare recipes, mithril ores, and mats farming takes at least half the usual time. My record so far is 15 minutes to steal a battle bracelet. Also Unity is useful both in PVE and PVP and it’s really cheap to max. Noticeable improvement in pillage rate over lv5.

Hexen Dropper:

Great in PVP. Most will die in 1 or 2 of these. Works nicely with Restrain lv10 if you happen to miss. Great at first in PVE but drops off a little without Spear Lunge at Evac and beyond.

Iron Hook:

Your team will love you for this in TBL after you capture 3 for them to destroy. You will love yourself after you capture 3 at close range to setup Bunshin and kill them all by yourself.

Dust Devil:

Half decent CC to setup Hexen. Good AoE for farming.

DWA:

Not currently worth more than 1 point. It’s OK to use for like 10secs on bosses when Bunshin and everything else is on CD. Not too bad at early rank 6 for questing and farming but becomes really lackluster at rank 7.

I don’t have first hand experience with Doppel yet but Cyclone seems nice and works well with Restrain. DPE seems nice for mission bosses. DoV seems like a real pain to use as a Shinobi though.

man bombs for katon its so expensive… with TBL its too much imo… what do you think?

I’m going through a ton of them too. Sucks when you run out mid fight lol. I wish it lasted longer. Shinobi supposed to be hide masters but archers can hide far longer. Weird.

Anyone knows that?:

fencer’s lunge: slash debuff can be combined with barbarian’s cleave debuff?

fencer’s attribute agression : the 15% more damage will be applie by bunshin clones? ( i know that some buffs aren’t applied, but that is an attribute)

build order: what do you think its better for my build?; swordman c1/peltasta c1/ barbarian c2/corsair c2/shinobi c1/ and fencer in rank 8 or
swordman c1/peltasta c1/barbarian c2 / corsair c1/ fencer c1 /shinobi c1 /and corsair c2 in rank 8 ( i will take hexen dropper 2 ranks more late , but i’m focusing in PvP)

Hi, fellow shinobi out there,

im level 116 and im following this build

want to know if this is good?
im now C2 swordman C2 Barb, going to Cor C2 next
please let me know, i dont wanna reset again
And just wanna check for those that have done the advancement quest to shinobi,
can we get the empty note now? or must we wait till we are closer to rank 7?

bad news kid abandon corsair up to shinobi then go fencer or doppel. That is actually the worst shinobi build but yet it is popular.

thanks for the info,but why is it the worst build?

why?

1. On the latest shinobi patch on korea tos some of peltasta, hoplite, highlander, and rodelero skills can be copied by bunshin. (sorry i forgot where the hell the link is and too lazy to google it)

2. Barbarian’s cleave is ok to boost slash damage by its debuff but it wont benefit bunshin+ kunai at all. It will benefir corsair’s dust devil and barbarian’s seism and that’s it.

3. Yup if you backread number 1 you basically have only 1 clone combo bunshin+ kunai and it can only be boosted by pierce damage debuff coming from hoplite 2 spear lunge. Barbarian wont boost any ■■■■ from it.

4. http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/d7ks2lprbs/
    -In-depth Shinobi guide with Fully explored Theorycraft [UPDATED 4/29/2016] - This is a theorycraft. Last updated April 29 2016. What date is it now? Many have also rerolled instead on this build.

5. Shinobi’s quest is the most hardcore quest of all time on tree of savior. When you finished the quest and realize that your build has no synergy at all and fu ck up, you have to go to its hellish shinobi unlock quest and the shinobi class advancement quest. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR FU CK UP non proven builds.

Your build can be save by just abandoning the corsair shinobi route and going an alternate route instead. Something like sw2- bar 3- fencer 2 or sw2- bar 3- dop 2.

I wont explain any further.

1 Like

what about this build sw3-bar 2-dop 2?

So the latest update itos from ktos include this shinobi update ? or not yet ?

a pelt 2 cata1 corsair 2 shinobi would probably be a lot worse…

From what I read in that guide the build has more of an emphasis on pvp than pve. If there isn’t a PD or an oracle, seism can stun almost reliably, iron hook is iron hook, restrain can slow opponents after the stun. Although for pve barbarian can boost the auto attack of swords which the clones should copy ect.

The main problems I see with that guide is that double weapon assault doesn’t work with clones last I checked (unless they do now?) and the skill build isn’t particularly great he doesn’t even use all the shinobi skill points… Also the guys username is Kappa…

About as many people follow that build and reroll as there are elememes that reroll so…

In short, I don’t think Sw2 > Barb2 > Cors2 > Shinobi is that bad a build; although I think Sw3 > Barb2 > Cors1 > Shinobi or Sw3 > Barb1 > Cors1 > Doppel1 > Shinobi would be better; just that, that guide ain’t great.

What matters most though is how YOU feel about your build: do you enjoy playing it? How is your damage so far, can you see how your built is shaping up? ect.

can anyone explain to me if there is any technique so bunshins throw both kunais and not just one. I tried using 1 then bash then kunai again but its not working.

than it seems i have to restart that char, what do you guys suggest for a Pure Pve shinobi build? full dps

A similar issue is happening with my clones, but instead of throwing 1 wave of kunai off one cast they do 2. I’ll have to see if all the damage registers before I call shenanigans.