Tree of Savior Forum

Nice silent patch

My only complain will be the lack of change details of class skills and cooldowns. Like the musketeer skill changes, pole of agony changes and pyromancer’s cooldown timings. All these should be reflected just like the previous patch notes. For this I would very much appreciate that IMC can beef up the patch notes to include the major changes to class skills.

Imo, the new balance arrived at a really bad timing, just right after the reset event ends. Some/Many of us did model our builds according to how we play and feel about the builds during the event, only to return with varying degrees of surprise/shock when the maintenance ends.

Some hidden changes are for the better, like blessing affects all lines of damage. Others are tweaked down, like Transmit Prana’s bonus elemental damage is no longer affecting auto attacks and melee type physical skills such as Dievdirby’s Carve. While hidden mechanics like the mentioned aren’t usually found in patch notes, for this time round it will be really great to put them in, especially at this period of time many of us are particularly sensitive to every single ups and downs of our class choices.

Find it hard to imagine the feelings of those of us who chose Sadhu c3 just to boost auto attacks then returned seeing it doesn’t buff AA anymore. Don’t even think that is a bug in the first place. RIP C1>Priest3>Sadhu3>Chaplain builds.:cry:

For the bug fix to Circling:Expand and Transmit Prana, it is a good fix though. Those are bugs and shouldn’t even be considered to be a reason to choose the class/build in the first place.

@STAFF_Letitia
Although it is a day late, it will be really great to just quickly update and add in the patch notes, so most of us who aren’t well read into ktos/forum updates, have some place as reference to see what has changed.

3 Likes

hey, this thread has been marked as “this topic has a solution” where do I find those?
I see, that is a solution.

For one thing, that was a tad bit off topic, but I suppose a point of view is worth 80 iq points. Also, just because you have noticed a thing here and there (that is, your perspective of hiccups from gms), doesn’t mean you are absolute. Richard Rorty anyone? No one can be absolute. If you want to understand IMC more, maybe ask for the employee’s handbook.

Anyhow, I notice that you have a working-definition for entitlement: people who has spent time on this game, people who has spent money on this game. I do not see entitlement. Only frugal and non-frugal Tree of Savior players. :wink: If truth exist with what you have said, maybe there is only a grain of it. Nice writing though.

[quote=“WhyHello, post:165, topic:361924”]
Richard Rorty[/quote]

I love his book, objectivity, relativism, and truth. I barely understand a thing.

And while I’d love to retort to the entirety of your post with something equally well-worded, I can’t. I’m certain that I’ve only a mere 80 iq myself too. :wink:

But sure, find me an employees handbook, send it to me translated so that I may know. Until then and only until then, I’ll entertain you.

If there’s truth there, I’m sure it’s within my perceptive as much as it is any other persons.

The pot and the kettle, right?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Didn’t bother to read everything but…

You know there’s no specific skill changes mentioned on the rebalance patch earlier too?
Are you simply salty your bugged skills got the fix you yourself know will be coming?
Or did you make the same complaint back then too?

I see a lot of familiar names here in this thread…

Heck, here’s the OP himself.

2 Likes

You expect too much from some of the people here.
Many people seemingly think that a bug exploit is part of that class and the game, and if that exploit gets fixed it’s a nerf that irreparably ruins their class.

Remember when Cyclones attack speed got fixed? Remember how many elite doppel players complained when they couldn’t bugexploit their beloved DOV+Glass Mole combo to reach 100k attack anymore, crying in agony how fixing this bug is so “unfair” and “the death of the doppel class”? Remember these videos about Ice Blast dealing 555k damage, and people talking about how “their build is ruined” because they fixed that bug?

Some people don’t grasp the fact that bugs are supposed to get fixed sooner or later and they focus their builds entirely on exploiting these bugs, but they’d never admit it’s their own fault for doing so and they’d never admit that they should’ve planned their builds without bugexploits in mind…

In these kinds of situations i kinda pity IMCs devs : If they don’t fix bugs, players complain because of bugs. If they do fix bugs, players complain that they fixed bugs. -sigh- :frowning:

7 Likes

In a game where it is known that there are hidden interactions in some skills, it is difficult to judge what is a bug or not, unless imc itself warns the community.

Some people to this day continue debating whether feint + barrage combo is a bug or hidden interaction.

4 Likes

Thats been confirmed for a while that its a hidden interaction by IMC

But still, there is no way to know what a bug is or what is a hidden interaction if not publicly stated by imc. The best that people can do is to think it’s a bug, and use intuition, instinct, or seventh sense.

Honestly have no sympathy for these cry babies. They all made these classes knowing it was a bug and now feel salty when it gets fixed. Its the same ■■■■ we had with Cyclone fix.

1 Like

why do u cry about it? u had 2 weeks of reset event… u had plenty of time to change… so stop your whine

I did my qs falc knowing this and I don’t regret it, I already knew that I was going to change and I didn’t use the bug, but it sure has one or the other lost that discovered the bug testing and didn’t know that it was already different in ktos, who already knew reap what he/she sow.

I don’t know why our version of tests had to be a patch before the current one and then changed to the latest in the att that ended the reset event LUL, but it’s imc then you have to stay sharp.

I couldn’t careless for the bug fixes, it was obvious that at some point those would get a fix… what really got my attention is that they decided to add not only these fixes but some classes buffs/nerfs (e.g. Slithering and Pole of Agony Passives) in the exact day the event ended, if those changes were in the patch notes the people with the affected changes could think over and use the last reset to change whatever they didn’t like or just let their chars resetted so they could build accordingly to the new changes.

2 Likes

Yeah this was a nice BS that imc pulled out of the hat.

I didn’t create any of these classes, so I discovered these changes in this post.

1 Like

Hmm this remind’s me of vindictus. When they released a skill balance patch which was not due till next month… Lucky for them it was bug free and the only problem was the Korean text.

Bugs were obvious. We were even saying in multiple threads on the forum “Don’t make a build around this, it’s a bug and will certainly be patched out at some point after the reset event.”

1 Like

Come on IMC, at least give us a couple more days on the event if you’re going to screw up all our builds like that.

2 Likes

Did they nerf doppple so its more inline with the rest? if not they failed at their job. As for screwing up builds, its what you get for going for the huehue OP builds, thinking that they wouldn’t get nerfed. Dopplesoldner will be next on the chopping block, its why I wouldn’t roll one because its one of the top contenders for a major nerf to hit it, I will laugh so hard when it does with how many people went to it due to how broken it is, I will laugh soooo hard.

Huh, well look at that. It’s just as retarded if you just swap the class with another one.

2 Likes