Tree of Savior Forum

New SP Usage is Insane

Thinking that resource management in an MMO is outdated and unfun is purely subjective. Given the length of this thread there are obviously outspoken people against proper resource management, and there are plenty of other games that they can play instead.

If IMC decides to tone down SP consumption it will just make the game boring to the other side of the aisle that appreciates resource management in their MMOs.

The only thing I agree with you on is the Stat system, giving up our ability to customize our stats was a step backwards and I hope they flip it back.

I’ll say this one more time.
Try making a new character by yourself, starting from absolute zero.
There are real management issues at low level, or more like unexistant management methods.
Potions are way too expensive at low level, SP consumptions are way too high at low level.
How can you explain a skill consuming 30 SP on a 300 SP pool yet 100 levels later that skill consumes 50 on a 3000 SP pool being working correctly?

Don’t leave out the rest of the sentence: “(and have in-class solution to the issue)” :stuck_out_tongue:

Subjective as speaking about a WoW that doesn’t exist anymore :slight_smile:

If you like the game it’s better if you don’t talk so lightly about losing players. The player base is too thin.

At the end of the day, even on this topic the issue is the same: veterans and whales stating that there’s no issue at all. The rest of the player base, on the other side, doesn’t agree.

1 Like

So I made a new Wizard character on another server to test the SP costs for a newbie account. It looks like you’re lying in your posts. I’m lvl 11 and I already have a bigger SP pool than your lvl 4x character. What gives?

Once I advance to Sage, I’ll record a vid to check if Micro Dimension really consumes SP that fast.

1 Like

Basically this.

How did you lose a third of your SP bar at level 11?? Leveling at that range takes one minute at most and your SP bar should be full!
Straaaange, isn’t it?

This single thread on the forums is hardly indicative of the rest of the player base.

I do plan to start a character from scratch and have no help from my alts. Heck I might even stream it on twitch for the luls.

Could you compare the SP consumption % based on total SP at high level and low level?
Also, could you also compare the SP regen at low level and high level?

Stop trolling and answer my question. Have you been lying the whole time?

I wasn’t, just keep going and you’ll see.

Also, compare the silver per enemy vs potion cost at low level and high level.
I think a weak SP potion is around 120 silver, vs 1-2 silver you get from monsters at that low level.

:thinking:

1 Like

2 Likes

Uhn… Sorry to interrupt you guys, but if we’re “collecting” feedback about SP usage, in my experience:

1. It is not that bad. You drain SP quite fast, yes, but it is not that bad that potions can’t handle.
  2. Most new players I interacted with are not really thinking about it or feeling the SP “problems”. It may be cause they have no comparative. Even a friend of mine didn’t complain until now.
  3. Most of the people who are being heavily annoyed by it are old players. But the issue is resolved cause they have access to multiple kinds of potions. It becomes just a nuisance to carry them.
  4. I have not made a new character yet, but apparently potions are very available.

So, for now, we have to deal with it the way we can (buy multiple kinds of pots, using cards, alchemist is a really good-non investment class right now [for tincturing and supporting], using skills more thoughtfully, even using bonfires, etc). It may seem really bad, its actually not. My main character is using kinda the same amout (a little bit more) but the class has many overcharges and cd reductions now.
Hope that we can slowly progress in our discussion about SP usage and ways to master it. :haha:

3 Likes

Perhaps Siete decided to get all of the attributes for Micro Dimension and based his thoughts on that, when the attributes are completely unneeded for low level play?

That or he is just lying.

Want some actual numbers?
Over 10% of total SP every 15 seconds at 33 SP regen per second, 15-20 silver drop at not 100% rate
6 kills, if lucky of 100% drop to get one of the weakest potion which regens 630 SP with a 45 seconds cooldown.

Energy Bolt is 41 SP (5% of total), Ultimate Dimension is 64 SP (7% of total)
Using all three abilities consumes a total of 22%, 3 rotations and it’s a pot, 4 rotations and it’s out of SP.
Point is, being able or not to recover the silver consumed killing depending on monsters dropping (or not) enough silver.

Now I’d love to know, is this also the case at max level? Do you consume 1/4 of your SP bar using 5 skills and have to pray to get the money you spent on the potion back?

EDIT: I must add that the monsters die in one hit because of my head accs giving 120-125 M.Atk.

Why does your 4X sage have 920 SP? Were you lying to us?

Level 4X Sage M.Dimension is 46 SP per cast on a 370 SP pool.

Why should anyone trust you?

It has 920 SP, Micro Dimension is consuming more than twice what I said, a total of 99 SP instead of 46 SP too.
Both numbers were in the air, there are your actual numbers and nothing changes, point still stands

You can check the others as well, it’s not that different :slight_smile:
As far as I can see, Re: Build is similar to the now forgotten Combat Update patch. The update where all newbs got screwed up and whales surfed through it with no problems :slight_smile:

Back to the topic, if I need 2 chars, daily farming and different kind of potions to sustain one main the system is broken. That’s it.

2 Likes

See? It isn’t hard to use actual numbers.
Besides, you’re playing without Pardoner buffs. You drink too much SP pots because you’re lacking SP efficiency. Go back to town and get Blessing and Sacrament. Your pic shows “Acquired silver: 16 / 1524441”, so you have enough to purchase buffs. Don’t waste SP on low HP monsters, kill them with basic attacks.
Don’t forget to go fishing. Eat fish beside a campfire to receive a SP regen buff.

10% of your overall SP for casting micro dimension 3 times with a 397% SFR? Seems pretty good to me.

Actually it seems pretty damn similar to how things were before with micro dimension minus attributes.

The whole point is you dont need it, it is supplementary and it is a suggestion to help.

Daily farming? How are people using 2k+ pots a day? You can spend 1hr farming for pots and have enough for weeks.

I play 2 chars and do cm, saalus, dungeon every day. Raids and velc. I reset cms to help friends, and sometimes do uphill.

I maybe use 100 pots a week per char. With uphill potions, dimension dungeon potions, and barely any pot farming, I don’t foresee myself out of potion for months.

Just be more conscious of your sp usage. This isn’t pre rebuild times where you spam every single skill you can on their cd.

1 Like