Tree of Savior Forum

New SP Usage is Insane

I expected some challenges with the patch but after respec’ng my falconer/mergen and taking it out for a test drive I could not believe how quickly and often I was completely out of SP.

Upon reaching Sausis Room 9 and moving through 2 chambers I was out of SP, another chamber later, out of SP. Its crazy, I have 3 10 star Rikaus cards equipped b/c I was expecting some SP issues but this just seems way overboard atm.

Not sure pots will even be off cooldown quick enough to keep up and I wasnt even using pre-emptive strike which when on is just gonna insta-empty me.

7 Likes

I can agree, this is dumb and makes the game tedious.

3 Likes

I agree with you. Man I created a cleric, Kabbalist, Priest, Druid.
I did a CM SR9 with 6k sp and many times I was empty.

1 Like

More thinking, less braindead rotation spamming. I like it.

9 Likes

Worst part is that Spr doesnt give regen anymore… I made sure to ichor all of my 4 armor pieces with high Spr just for the regen and now they are useless…

3 Likes

Even if not spamming you’ll go out of SP

1 Like

I’m playing Pyro-Ele-Alche and found that all of my Challenge party add me to friend list :joy:

4 Likes

Seeing SP Recovery removed from SPR and Kabbalist made me worry about the game being SP pot spam more than it already was, which isn’t fun and why I built high SP Recovery builds. D:

2 Likes

I did a CM with my elementalist - taoist - pyro and I was out of SP even before of finishing the rotation. It’s ridiculous, how I am going to attack like that? The SP pot only gives me one skill usage and then out of SP again and with pot on cooldown…

2 Likes

prices for sp pots might go double or triple with the heavy usage

Added Alchemist to one of my class builds because Alchemists have AoE SP restoration every 30s for the entire party now.
Alchemist is actually really good right now.

5 Likes

Ah great… my worst nightmare…

2 Likes

I was wondering whats up. I hadn’t played for a while and I thought this update would be perfect to come back. I swapped to a lycanthropy build to try it (because practically infinite reclassing) and I’ve been so out of sp I couldn’t do anything, much less keep the werewolf form up unless I hugged the henge stone. This combined with my inventory sometimes disappearing until I relog the game feels bad.

I don’t want to jump to immediate outrage but this is just a terrible change.

2 Likes

If only one of my friends still played, they’d be having a heart attack right now about the mana costs. She loathed using sp potions so much, it was almost impressive how far she went to get around it.

Why Spirit doesn’t give at least SOME max SP and SP regen anymore is beyond me.

9 Likes

Agreed. It is absolutely out of hand.

1 Like

actually, there’s an easy fix to the problem: use Squire foods.

With Sandwich and Yoghurt I never ran out of SP in Hunting Grounds, even when spamming Death Sentence to onehit the monsters.

And I didn’t even use a single SP potion.

1 Like

Markets completely out of sp pots aswell, so all the alchemists are sitting and watching then a few hours from now they will all in sync list sp pots for 10k each and I will legit go play MS2 again, this is so dumb.

The worst part is that some time ago I spent millions in gear with SPR, like a 380 primus bow with +79SPR and a good combination of other stats and other armor, and now SPR is useless for Archer.

I have more than 200SPR and the mana consumption is insane. I know they talked about the stats changes before, but can’t see any reason why they removed the mana recovered and max mana from SPR, since now you can’t even go full SPR like before, and the consumption from skills has not been reduced in the same proportion.

When I realized that, I logged out of the game and lost any motivation to try other builds.

4 Likes

Ya its rough, feels slightly better now but I think its just the shock starting to wear off.

However I am in the process now of swapping my Rikaus Cards out for specific elemental SP return cards for maps I farm, ie; Specter Monarch, Throneweaver, Rocktorgua etc. The SP costs are just too sky high to farm, I cant spend a 3rd of my profits on potions.

My Archer > Ranger > Falc > Merg is eating SP like there’s no tomorrow. I had to disable Pre-Emp Strike or else I’d be out of SP before I even managed to get around using a skill. That, coupled with the damage taken being increased is making for a pretty frustrating experience. I’m really hoping this is a bug and not entirely intentional, it’s too harsh of a transition with no real way around it. With so many builds being available, it’s kind of crazy to expect every party has an Alch or Squire at their disposal.