Tree of Savior Forum

New SP Usage is Insane

Do you mean I can play normally without any of the thing you mentioned?
If you think so try to click on Fanatic Illusion :frowning:

Good for you. I play with the little time I have available these period. Honestly I don’t plan to spend it farming Uphill pots, dungeon pots and Alche pots to use my skills.

But hey, you know what, you won. SP usage is not a problem and in general ToS has no problems at all. It’s all super good and I’m out from this conversation.

1 Like

Any other classes in the build to supplement the by design heavy SP usage of a Zealot? Perhaps Oracle Arcane Energy?

Very odd cherry picking going on with that example.

Ill give you the play-by-play when I make my level 1 char :slight_smile:

Any other solution? Otherwise you’re the one cherry picking an entire class to correct a broken design.
Btw, Arcane Energy cd and Fanatic illusion are completely different. Your cherry is not even a good one ^^

1 Like

Way to extrapolate. No one said TOS doesn’t have any issues. Every game has issues, but people crying about sp usage and saying the game is unplayable because of it are wrong. There’s constructive feedback in this thread on how to manage it, and the fact that it’s been brought up so much lends me to think that devs will look into it.

But the way people are over exaggerating it makes me feel like people don’t think outside of the box or take any feedback on how to work with the current system. It’s not broken, but it doesnt mean it’s perfect. So in the meantime, take what people have given as advice and adjust.

I think something is not right here. I have an Alche and already had before Re: Build, same for a Squire.
I know how to fix the problem, but this doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist. That’s my PoV.

This system is broken and saying ppl to “get good” or to find other games are the dumbest things anybody can do for ToS. IMC screwed up, and it’s a triple screw up: skills cost too much SP without regen, all weapons beside legendary have been nerfed and blessed shards can’t be salvaged anymore.
This way anybody who doesn’t have a Velco weapon or somebody who’ll carry him to get one will have SP problems since it will take more skills to kill mobs but can’t invest too much in weapons because he will lose all the investment.

This is why I’m saying that all of this problems aren’t perceived by veterans and whales. However this is the world new and returning players are living now :frowning:

1 Like

Yikes, what happened to this thread.

I always find it pretty funny when people compare Tos/other games to Wow when its still more mechanically advanced and challenging than this game, and most other games. I really like Tos, and don’t care for Wow at all anymore, but come onnnn lol.

But anyways, I’m sure we’ll get some tweaks to SP in the future, Re:Build fixed a lot of issues and introduced some new ones. Maybe they’ll make Spirit give SP regen again or something, since its now a useless stat for lots of classes when it wasn’t before.

1 Like

un-nerf bonefire anyone? o.o

reading through the comments i just want to interject at whoever was implying that the game lost 1k+ players due to sp issues.

in actual fact the game probably lost more players due to game performance (heavy server lag in cm/gem fued/klaip) and other things such as frustration of current reset events etc

i had a chat with a few of the players who returned and left, and most of their problems stem from the fact of server lag along with a few other factors that didnt include SP/SP regen.

I have also checked with some new players of the game and its not really something they find too detrimental, Since it is a new game to them and they havent experienced pre Re:Build ToS, they just adapt to it and make decisions to manage it via various methods.

Yes SP/SP Regen is an important stat now, but to say that the majority of new/returning players left due to sp regen is wholely false. This can be actually due to a variety of reasons such as server lag, lost of interest in the game, etc.

Actually i know a few people who also only wana come back when build guides for rebuild are made because they dont really feel like testing out builds and want to go for the best “Meta” or preorganised builds.

Now in terms of the SP usage issue, i think that having sp usage as a resource management is a good thing, but it could be perhaps re-looked at abit in terms of maybe when you level up, you gain a significant SP regen buff for like 15 mins or so? this can help newer players with any sp issues until they reach of a higher level and are able to purchase higher npc pots/alch pots. it would also be good if they could take out the 1 week market block from newer players due to how fast people level now. atm the market block serves to annoy newer players than anything else.

1 Like

biggest reason i hate the new sp regen is because i have to press an extra button more often, makes playing spammy combo builds that much more annoying, guess i should stick to AA builds heh.

manageable on paper, but its annoying for noobs and old fcks will get carpal tunnel earlier

who knows though maybe Kim’s vision of playing ToS is like playing DDR with them fingers or someshit lul.

1 Like

I do think SP consumption is a little too high now but I’ll admit it was a bit too much before in that a spr-invested char practically had infinite SP. Maybe they can aim for some middle ground between how it was and now so SP management can still matter. I think your base class spells should cost practically nothing so you can rely on those while your sp fills back up. Alternative add some low damage abilities that drain from enemies or refill your sp gauge a bit.

Honestly SP isn’t what’s making me tired of the game again, it’s actually how it seems to be running worse than ever on my machine. But I read they’re trying to optimize it again so let’s see how that goes.

1 Like

that actually sounds like an interesting idea! using base class skills to regen sp.

perhaps add a type of mechanic where using base class skills regen x amount of sp, this makes it so that you’d have to consider leveling points in offensive base class skills and weave it in your combos than just ignore them to unload all your other stuff first. (ofc they could also change a few of the base class skills too first to make them more usable)

I wish spr still had some effect on regen… But hey, I’m just salty I ichored all my armor with medium-high Spr to not drink potions, and then this happened…

Another thing that should help with sp issues is silver fish. Eating one near a bonfire gives a sp/hp regen buff for a few minutes, but I haven’t checked exactly how effective this buff is.

1 Like

You are the one using Zealot out of all possible classes to illustrate that SP is broken. The class has a skill that eats up 50% of max SP, cmon man.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/367924315

Check out my SP usage
cow

I’m doing exactly the same lol, all to bypass the SP bullshit.
I might gather the gear and patience one day, but not today.

88 replies since last night, like 70 by the same 2 people, guys…

When people like Remiri or Crevox (both massive whales from the same guild btw) tell you constantly everythings super easy and fine and to stop crying just ignore them.

Crevox in game likes to pretend hes the “common man” and the new sustain issues arent real, he also just happens to be #1 on the bernice dungeon rankings on the entire server ahead of even Palemoon and commonly asks to buy 400+mil items in shout like golden pig eggs or several 100mil+ legendary cards.

Remiri has the same gear and resources and an even bigger ego.

That being said, people like that dont play the same game that most folks do. Everything they own is +20 or higher and trans10, they have hair accessories worth more then everything you own.

There is no point going back and forth with them in these threads, dont get pulled into the drama.

As smart people have pointed out, we have lost a MASSIVE amount of the players that Re: Build pulled back. Some of that was going to happen either way, some folks just come back to check out new patches then go back to their other games regardless if the new stuff was good or bad but its 100% safe to say that many, many of the players lost were over the new sustain mechanic as we all know many people who flat out said thats why they went back to PoE etc.

And the rest probally left b/c tbh, the game is still as unstable as it was in 2016, the only difference now is we arent under seige daily by commander load fail and ddos attacks from South America. People are sick and tired of being booted from Gem Feud and playing in power point slide shows.

4 Likes

Me and my +11 velco weapons, such whale, lol

I don’t own a single piece of legendary armor or weapon above +11, and I have a couple +16 primus weapons that I got on the first couple tries out of sheer luck.

Stop talking about things when you are completely clueless.

Remiri is far from a whale he’s just a frugal hoarder.

1 Like

Whether these players have said gear or not isnt why I quote this, but I do agree with the point that most players don’t have trans10 +16 or higher gear. Its hardly fair to compare sp usage on a crazy invested character.

I really dislike this ‘haHAA jUsT mAkE aN aLcHeMiSt aNd SqUiRE tO sOlvE tEh prObLeM’, not everyone wants to make multiple characters to support another, didnt they change saalus a while back because they wanted to make the game less alt focused? Jeeze…

I don’t know what would be considered middle ground investment the average player has, but I do know that a couple of my more casual friends hate how they need to spam pots thrice+ as often (even more in Saalus in most cases). The game forced a different play style on them after months of it not being an issue, especially when some of those players, like myself too, have invested in some spirit on their swordsmen or archers gear only to find it useless now.

Call them noobs or casuals (isn’t this a casual game?) or what not, but it is something that’s been brought up by people I know. Heck, one of my friends who actually spends a few hundred dollars every once in a while on this game quit for good because they are sick of the reworks that make her hard work less valuable or in some cases completely worthless (there are other reasons too ofc).

People can bicker and trash talk each other all they want, but we really do need to put themselves in other players shoes sometimes, not everyone has the same playstyle or playtime as another (it works both ways too ofc).

As someone who constantly gets messaged by new players both in game and on forums on a daily basis, I have by a few players that are facing problems with sp managment badly.

And for my opinion on the SP usage and as I brought up else where, it probably would be completely fine if they made Spirit give SP regen or max SP again, but who knows that IMC will decide, if anything at all even.

As a closing note, we need to be more positive, having a 90 combo post comment war isnt going to fix any problem, yeah we can all disagree but we can also do it in a civil manner.

8 Likes

To be fair I should use the terms “Elite” or “Max Endgame Geared” though when talking about crevox or remiri, whale wasnt accurate b/c it meant more visa or mastercard gearing.

That being said my point remains 100% valid, people with the best gear possible and in top guilds with access to anything and everything in the game are in absolutely no position to comment about the game being too easy.

Its the main reason content gets overtuned in every game, the 1% make up the majority of the voice that devs hear and the other 99% get screwed over. You see this now in the complaints of new players trying to level up, content now without enchanced and transcended gear is incredibly slow and overly difficult.

It jus irritates me when people like Crevox say that there is no sp usage issue and the players were at fault for not using “strategic gearing”. It also sickens me the Justin Beiber like following some of these players have, spare me the toxic fanboi venom for speaking out against 1 of them, its a video game, get over it.

5 Likes