Tree of Savior Forum

Nerf Coursing + Retrieve combo. Nerf/fix hunter in gvg/TBL

It’s dumb to have a class that can give you 9 minutes of cc rank 99 :slight_smile:
Just nerf it.

It’s disgusting, disgusting, pathetic, broken. It can bug your char to get eternal coursing bug after the round is over. Ridiculous.
CC 100% up time, rank 99, with chance of bugging the characther.
Fix this ■■■■.
Hunter pet can keep using skill wile DEAD! The ■■■■■■■ pet is dead, and stuned and can keep using skills! Come the ■■■■ on

*where is my talt?

Coursing after match bug that freezes your character in base:

Exemple of how hunter can endless cc you:

Exemple of how hunter can bug retreive:

Exemple of perma cc and how hunters can turn 2v2 in 2v1:

How to deal with this cancer:

6 Likes

Another salty player.
Why not say that to kino who can do the same albeit not 100% uptime but magnetic force which can drag you out half screen away.
Their is methods to handle hunters but you are someone who rather asking for the method to deal with it, just spouting the same old drama of nerfing the class whom you are too lazy to deal with.

3 Likes

And saying “there are methods to deal with it” without any details is useless to the OP unless you give an example what can be done against it.

2 Likes

Hunter is strong only on 2x2.
5x5 is ok and 15x15 is stupid

If this thread were not a salty thread i would have answered it. But at least not gonna tell. If you really are itching then make a hunter. That will tell you all about what you need to know.
I kept it that way because i don’t want to tell.

And what @Sandu said is very very true. Hunters are very useless when its ganged up upon. So that is a weakness. If you really wanted to know.
Each class has its own advantages. Hunter has its CC.

Can someone translate this please? It hurts my eyes.

I’ll presume you want clarification what exactly the topic is.
Hunters can use retrieve and coursing combo on single player to eternally cc them till the sp runs out or something like player failed to time the skill properly.
Hunter’s cc is rank10 debuff (unlike what the thread maker said) so basically once you get trapped by it there is no way out of it. If you properly skill rotate retrieve and coursing, its eternal cc until the player himself lets go.
Sometime retrieve or coursing causes a bug where if you get CC’d after the end of match ( yes it can happen because unlike players pets still can move during that time), there is a chance that the CC’d player will get bugged in next round and he will be unable to do anything.
Also even if the hunter dies, as long as he chose a target and a skill, the pet will still pursue that target unless get killed or knocked back. But this issue is same as even after necromancer dies his summons keep on attacking the targets.
I hope this cleared your mind what actually our salty player wanted to ask.

Hunter is one of the very few classes that counter the tree of clerics, so by logic it has to be nerfed.

Kappa.

3 Likes

So what i see here is:
Everyone agrees that this is overpower but because some other classes have unbalance too this cant be nerfed…really? This your excuse?

Even salty this is a trust tread and a real complain…

If everyone have its weakness then there is no unbalance?
If so no one need any nerf right?
Bit plz

1 Like

Pretty much commenting on current PvP is a waste honestly which is already broken as hell.

The duration of those CC are already halved in PvP.

And yes. Those who are regular to TBL and honestly use their heads know what to do when they see there is hunter in opponent side. They know that going near hunter alone is risky so they won’t take risks. Instead deal with it according to the measures they know.
And again don’t ask me what are the measures.

Yes this is a legit complaint by a lazy player who never bothered to talk it out anyone for its measures and just started “nerf hunter”.

As what @Anarth said, currently hunters are the only sure solution to those healers who pretty much need various fixes and nerfs themselves.

1 Like

In my server (Silute) only 2 archer players are always in the top because of the brainless hunter 2 OP pet, just wait the pet catch the target and win.

1 Like

The only problem there is with that infinite cc, is that the pet is invulnerable once he get someone in snatching/coursing, you can only kill the pet before he get to you (only for wiz/archer) but even that doesn’t help much since they auto revive after 5s (or so). Once one of your ally is snatched your only way to help is to kill hunter to cc him long enough to fail his cc again.

Hopefully there is almost no hunter with full pvp build playing the game so it’s not much a problem to kill one. (at least in NA)

Edit :

from HUNTERS! do's/dont's/tips AI suggestion changes

Not sure if it was fixed since then thought, like the other things said in the post which is a bit old now.

The same could be said to Sages pressing a single skill button, Dievs becoming invicible for most of the match and inquisitors opening their books to the Archer’s demise due to their abysmal base HP.

Even if what I said a bit above was in a more humorous way, I do agree that Hunter requires some quality changes, a measure of counter playing it. Something like applying hard CC such as stun/knockback/knockdown would make the pet stop channeling their lv10 suppression.

There is a simple and very easy way to counter a Hunter, though restricted to your build. If you have a burst class in your build you can easily one shot their pet and making them completely useless. Whenever I duel a Musketeer friend of mine, he always headshot my pet down to 0 HP, and I just stand there with nothing to do.

There’s no counterplay for Ausrine aside from running away until the duration expires, for example.

1 Like

LOL I play against these two hunters almost every day and is not that easy to counter the OP pet, one of then just wait in hide the pet catch the target and the other one put pavise+caltrops -> send the pet and wait
Anyways the only nerf the hunter pet need is the cooldown of coursing and retrieve start when the skill end and not when just use it.

I am not giving excuses to deny the fact that the class is borderline, I’m simply sharing some info I know, as a Hunter 3 myself. As should’ve known by now, this is not getting fixed any time soon.

Here’s another one. You have to be in the pet’s line of sight for it to target you, not on the Hunter’s sight, pets are normally slow at repositioning (unless they get mounted first) which can cause them to put their skills on CD.

Please people
When advocating for these measures make it very clear that you want it be done only in the PvP side of things. in PvE how things behave for a hunter should not be touched unless they plan an overhaul that would change everything

Thank you very much. BTW killing a pet with 10K of hp every 5 seconds is not impossible, specially with the low def values pets have, just do not walk over the pet, it will trigger the skill…

1 Like

:popcorn:

1 Like

hard cc and miko counters ausrine, but yes is too strong.
ausrine with hit count like MH please! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d certainly exchange some of its PvP perks for more viability versus ground bosses :smiley:

I’d like the CC be separated from the damage, that way you could always deal damage to bosses. It would also probably make canceling the CC but not the needed damage all that much better.

Whole ‘nother can o’ worms.

1 Like