Tree of Savior Forum

HUNTERS! do's/dont's/tips AI suggestion changes

This post will be modified as often as I get to reading everything.

Attention Archers seeking 1-2-3 circles in Hunter!

There are some things you need to know about hunter and its capabilities and lack there of.

Pros-

Hunter is by far the best pvp class in all of the archer circles.

Hunter is capable of holding aggro on mobs/bosses instead of you.

Depending on your desired early game paths Hunter will give you a small aoe that works great with dungeon runs.

Flying bosses now take 25% more dmg + pets nasty dmg over time because of Snatching.

Hidden circle synergy

Con.

AI is weak. You can learn to work with it. You can still outperform all the players around you WITH your bad AI pet at your disposal if you learn how to manipulate your pets mechanics.

Min/Maxing your hunter pet is expensive. Super gold dump.

At circle 1, only 3 of the 5 skills are worthwhile. Rush dog, Snatching, Coursing, Pointing. (you will only have a point or 2 in mainly pointing or coursing) (Praise has yet to be significant over the other 4)

There are a couple things ppl are VASTLY overlooking with the hunter class. Mainly that is pvp and its capabilities.

First Archers with a circle in hunter can stunlock EVERY SINGLE CLASS INFINITELY. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Even the classes that have stun immunity. (perhaps thats a bug for now, but it works) 40% stun chance from rush dog, 5 sec cooldown, 2 charges, 100% stun chance from snatching, (even without it being a flying monster). Each of these stuns last 6 seconds. Each of these skills cast will produce dmg while doing so. Significant dmg… 1/2 to 3/4 to 1 hit a character of equal lvl. (dodge pending).

Second class synergy is Hidden. Crazy hidden. If a hunter takes a circle into scout, you can cast the hunter skills WHILE hidden. It wont take you out of your Hidden stance… Your pet dmg isnt your dmg… your Whistles do not cancel your hide…

I need to take this a step further… and this is the number 1 thing I think every archer and even current hunters overlook… If you cancel your pet. f9 and unsummon, You can still use your pet skills. If you are in pvp, the enemy will still take dmg. NO NUMBERS APPEAR ON SCREEN. If you are invisible people just die… they dont see you, they dont see the numbers. They have NO TARGET. If you are invisible they have no clue what or why they just died from. Why they were stunlocked. Why they took dotdmg and noone was on their screen. Scout/hunter synergy is through the roof.

If someone else doesnt provide a video of this before me Ill try and make one.

Hunter is ultimate pvp class right now and easily one of the best flying boss killers in the game.

AI Changes:

I offer the most simplistic AI changes… Create an option for standby, defensive,aggressive. Its obvious most questing/grinding you would want your pet on aggressive… I want my pet fighting or near autoing mobs as soon as 1 of my arrows could possibly reach a mob. Anything less hinders a rank choice. (which is currently how it is). The reason for this is because all of the archer paths are strong. You are already 1-2 hitting everything. There is no reason to have a delay on your pets. a HUGE portion of the time before your pet gets to a mob, you have already skillshotted it down from other circle skills.

If you cant fix the hunter pet AI from getting stuck in place, or wigging out infront of you, Give us a “Non skill” whistle. or Summon mob. So we can reset his “stuck phase”

3 Likes

First time knowing the Scout’s invi will not be cancelled by Hunter’s pets command. Not convinced on “Hunter is capable of holding aggro on mobs/bosses instead of you.” thingie, since the only Hunter’s command working on boss that deals damage are limited to Rush Dog and Snatching.

NOOOOO, why did you reveal this? Now everyone will rush scout / Hunter Q.Q. And i thought i was one of the rare people that will go that path.

I just leave this here

And everyone in Hunter C2 will pick Hounding, thus nobody is invisible anymore.

That honestly sounds more like a bug. It may work for now and be a nice advantage for hunter for now, but be prepared for it to get fixed/nerfed.

a video will be very much appreciated

are you kidding? get fixed like the other 1000000 issues they haven’t even considered to fix ( i.e the lvl 6 attribute exploit, the summon AI …). They haven’t even released pvp arena yet XD.

As someone who took 1 circle in both Hunter and Scout for utility, I don’t think bugs should be considered an advantage.

I do agree that there’s great synergy between Scout’s Cloaking and most of Hunter’s Skills. I also wasn’t aware of the “inivisble pet” bug until reading your post.

Even if they’re to my advantage, I think these unintended bugs should be fixed.

• Snatching should only work on flying types.
  • Pet skills shouldn’t be usable while it’s unsummoned.

I think pet AI is okay (though it should switch attack to whatever I’m attacking, not stick to the nearest aggro monster/player), they just need to improve pet responsiveness. Right now it consumes the skill’s whole duration first even if its target is already dead thus causing it to be stuck.

To correct this, when another skill is used, it should cancel whatever it is doing and perform the next skill, and if the target is dead, it should immediately return to its AI state until another skill is used.

No need to exploit any bug. Proper use of the two classes’ combo should be good enough, as with any other classes.

Snatching holds a boss long enough for it to refresh. As a scout all you have to do is pop hide and your pet has the focus if you do pull it off him… Snatching can hold a boss down pretty well by itself though

does snatching works on player?

yes. it doesnt snatch them… it doesnt do the dmg it should do on a flying mob… but it stuns them. unless they resist/dodge