Tree of Savior Forum

Hunter and pets

Companions, there are several, yet regardless of what class you are, you can only bring one.

There’s this companion centric class in the game that I feel it is losing potential, why don’t you enable this class to be able to bring an extra companion per taken circle?

At rank 1, 2 companions.
At rank 2, 3 companions.
At rank 3, 4 companions.

How to do this? I’d guess through an attribute unlocked at each circle.

This way not only does open the class to more possibilities regarding both damage and possible crowd control through a wider growling, but it also brings a progression of power to each rank unlocked and a unique feel to the class.

Not to mention that it would allow people to show off their companions. and perhaps even promote the purchase of TP companions even more.

Would this require a rework of said class? probably, in the sense that you’d need a priority system or assign a companion to each skill. It would also make rush dog way too amazing which personally I don’t find wrong at all.

It would also require new UI elements, but, these details even though they do involve work. I find that it would be worth the effort. It would help create a class identity and make said class more relevant during its early stages. I doubt it would be enough to overshadow what already is in place, but enough to make it a viable option for PvE purposes.

Well there are players crying out to nerf hunters and you gave a nice suggestion for hunters. Honestly speaking I do agree with you only on one point:

I admitted hardly had hunters have little to not use outside of PvP and GvG unless there is hunter3 which can growl and that doesn’t work in PvP and GvG or vs elite mobs. The only regular source of damage is rush dog.
Snatching is too much situational.

So i’ll like to change some stuff:
At rank1- no change, 1 companion is fine
At rank2-no change, 1 companion is fine
At rank3- 2 companions.

My reason for this being is PvP and GvG scenario.
multiple companions will make the one the few weakness of hunters, i.e, cant so anything else when doing retrieve+coursing on a target so that makes it vulnerable, to be covered up.
I do will say hunters are quite tough to play in PvE scenario on r8 maps.

Oh no I still want my 4 companions. how about only 1 companion in PvP scenarios? Set a prefered PvP companion and that one, and that one only will spawn along you in PvP instances.

Haha. honestly if that were to happen then i’ll be glad but i want to keep it to what can happen. I have hunter3 falc3 and i already have 2 pets at same time.
4 pets will become a issue to other and they will start with “nerf hunter”.

Hm 4 pets would allow the hunter to be atleast able to do something in a party, imagine coursing 2 targets, retrieving 2 targets. You’ll be fulfilling your “crowd control” role. It would also be a nice contribution on damage.

Having 5 companions at once with you would be a nice thing heheh. I still do not know why would anyone want to nerf hunter after such. I can only imagine people requesting the similary forgotten classes to be worked on.

The only thing I do see coming is creating a wider gap between how much damage your hunter side deals vs your falconer side. Perhaps we could do the same to falconer and have 8 companions? teehee…

I’m just daring to dream! let me dream. our class is so miserable at PvE!

Here is a link to some salt against hunter by someone who doesn’t even know what hunters face in PvE.

Heh no please. I’ve already had a long discussiong about that about 5 months ago. Man seriously being a hunter I know how easy to deal with another hunter is. When someone comes at me with a hunter, I aim at their weakness. how hard to grasp is that? not to mention warlock’s immunity…

Exactly.
That’s what that thread maker should do.
Make a hunter and then know its weakness or ask a hunter friend to tell about hunters.

On the topic, making multiple falcs at 3rd circle will be ridiculously OP.
Imagine 3x falcs using hovering and knocking back players except pain barriered ones. A very annoying skill once you get knocked back even once.

Heheh apply same reasoning, only one per PvP instances.

PvP and PvE should be completly separated and thought about differently. What is great at PvE is inherently great at PvP just because there’s no PvP balance at all.

Anyone with eyes can see what makes sense in a PvE standpoint does not make sense in a PvP scenario.

Honestly I would love to see multiple pets around me in PvE. But sadly it will remain a dream unless in future content there is another companion oriented archer class which enables to do so.
inb4 shepherd will be released as archer class having attribute can use 1 more companion per attribute lvl; max lvl 5.

If it only could become a reality! Let’s be honest if they did bother to do things right there would be no reason to not do it.

Also snatching bleed is kind of an oddball. It crits, it can be dodged, can be blocked.

Because it is the same as coursing and retrieve, a melee hit delivered by the companion but the source is the archer. It is not a bleeding.

I hope there is a skill which makes enemy flying on hunter, so that snatching works on those. I came to this thing because of today’s patch notes which said raise will make the target vulnerable to snatching. So i think that kind of a skill on hunter might be good if it affects bosses.
But i really don’t know what would be the result until after maintenance of raised target made grounded again. Will they keep taking snatching damage or it will end after very 1st hit grounding the target.
Also what will happen to the raise debuff they had durng that time?

Raise cannot raise bosses. I belive it used to once upon a buggy time, but I think I’m wrong on that account.

Raise as far as I remember it did make groun type enemies into fly units, I do not know why it stopped working. Remember that snatching only works on air units so as soon as they touch the ground it no longer works. it is a simple if condition. And through all that time it doesn’t remove the raise debuff, atleast back in rank 7 it didn’t. both remained active. but hey, with IMC’s magic fingers who knows?

Well i didn’t mean to say raise should make cc the bosses but just giving an example of kind of skill.
So i think the druids skill (Dunno the name) which turns the type to plant. Something similar to that. Change the type of target to flying.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.