Tree of Savior Forum

Nerf Coursing + Retrieve combo. Nerf/fix hunter in gvg/TBL

and then buff sadhu!

1 Like

No, sadhu too stronk

A Cleric countering another cleric šŸ¤·

See despite not me telling there are players who know how to counter hunters. Because rather than complaining they used their heads or made hunter themselves to know how it actually works.
Healer complaining about hunters goes by same logic as fletchers complaining about healers or kino complaining about murm.
There is a counter for everything. You just have to use your head a bit.
For example, every missile skill using archer complains on Missile Hole.
But if properly done SR3 can break through that although still difficult.
Same goes for healers. Use something which you have, to deal with hunters. It will be difficult but its not like its impossible.

Personally, revenged sevenfold + ausrine is still hard to deal with when youā€™re a hunter, why? because 7/10 thereā€™s an inquisitor behind all that defense.

So, letting him loose is dangerous, keeping him under CC is dangerous thanks to revenged seven taking away 3/4 of my HP. But despite it all. It has always been cute to watch them cower inside their safety zone. Retrieve goo!! so much amusement. But Iā€™m sitll fleshy so I die rather quickly.

3 Likes

I am a full con build with little to no dmg outside of rush dog and sonic strike.
So as long as i am careful not using any high dmg skill, i can remove all the r7x from opponent by myself and still my HP will be over 80%.
Downside of this build, the usual counter against hunters. When ganged up on me, there is nothing i can do like when everyone in party died and i am all alone vs 3 or 4 or 5 players.

Heh it might seem OP but itā€™s just another line in the long long list of bugs and unbalanced mechanics in PVP.

I suggest you quit doing PVP in this game.

1 Like

Straw man fallacy at its finest by some users, I give cookie.

1 Like

I didnā€™t want to go full con because even though Iā€™m a support. I was feeling way too useless through my walk during rank 4~7. when rank 8 was released and I saw what falconer had in store for me I shed a single tear.

Then I remember that my hunter still outdamages my falconer side.

Anyway, this video

Bad pathfinding

https://youtu.be/g73za_-m75M

That behaviour happens as much in PvE as in PvP and it is infuriating.

1 Like

Ahā€¦ probably a low lodge level casual tossing crap all over my thread.
Buddy, I donā€™t care if hunter skills canā€™t hit bosses currently. If this class is ā– ā– ā– ā–  it needs a rework. But for now, back to thread, Hunters need a nerf on the 100% up time cc inside TBL/GVG, and pets have to stay dead if they die.
In TBL you face tons of bugs that happens after the round ends like:
Falconerā€™s pet killing someone in enemy base before the match begining;
The drawback damage of Bokorā€™s Mackangdal killing the bokor in the count down of the next round, and letting the bokor dead in the round this happens;
Hunter Coursing buging and stacking debuffs before the round starts making you character stay under the cc debuff even if there is no pet around. Freezing your character for the entire round.
Cryomancerā€™s Snowrolling tossing your character away from the arena in a black screen.

And there are many skills/combos that can hold a character in the pvp with no counterplay (iā€™m not talking about rank 2 cc). Some needs time for preparation and player skill to do it right:

Ironhook (corsair), 9 seconds duration. 25cd

Bwa Kayiman + Lycanthropy. (bokor +druid), 10s seconds duration , 10 cd.

Magnetic force + Rise (psycho), 3 seconds + 10 seconds duration. 25 cd, 50 cd.

And some are dumb like Coursing + Retreive (canā€™t use potions under cc):

Coursing 2 charges + Retreive 2 charges (hunter c2), 25s + 25s + 9s + 9s duration. 9 cd, 10 cd.
Virtually endless cc, since the duration is higher than its cooldown.
Plus chance of bugging enemies by stacking the debuff.
Needs nerf. Needs fix.

IMC, if you are lazy to fix hunters. Please consider adding monster cards that can proc sleep / stun / stone curse when you get physical damage.
Or add a cc freedom skill / trinket in the game.

First, what you see in the tooltip is halved in PvP. It will even be added in the tooltip god knows when.

Second, it is not as easy as it seems to make the pet do anything as a hunter. experience it. but whatever.

Third, this is not a class that requires the sole attention of PvP balance. besides. PvP balance should be done to all classes as we know PvP is a joke regardless of the existance of hunter or not.

If you say ā€œplayer skillā€ , it is so easy to deduce something is easy to use from the other end, when youā€™re not doing all the hoops. this goes for all classes.

So let me end by: sure fix hunters, when you also fix everything else, Iā€™m not saying ignore them, Iā€™m saying fix everything too.

Do you need a video of a hunter in TBL doing 9 minutes of cc? Because it seens you donā€™t TBL.

Your ass. Fix hunter for yesterday.
Hunter issues are way more relevant.
Those skills must be changed like Plague doctorā€™s skills. Making coursing and retrieve to dure less, and making/or its cooldown higher.

Hunter is so retard that a lvl 150 hunter c2, can kill anyone lv330 with 200k hp stage 10 armor. No counterplay.

And thatā€™s why Iā€™m laughing.

I do indeed know that it is possible, but it requires atleast 2 circles of investment. Iā€™m also aware that it is extremely easy to kill a hunterā€™s pet. keep it dead, knock it back. Iā€™m a hunter and Iā€™ve no problems dealings agaisnt other hunters.

Warlocks are immune, bite subzero shield if you want to commit suicide. Revenged sevenfold is a moot point because it kills everything. Cannot target enemies that are mounted thanks to the broken mouse mode.

There are far more pressing issues than the most rare archer out there. and I laugh at anyone that says hunter is a PvP class. Experience it first hand and tell me it is still a PvP class when a lot of things do not have travel time and OHK.

Oh also that ā€œkill the pet and keep it deadā€ thing, Iā€™ll let you know that the pet is so anologous to an arrow midflight, or a spell midflight. except with the hunter thereā€™s so many way to keep that arrow from ever reaching you.

Oh letā€™s also not forget that hunter is as single target nature as it can get. While there are things that can wreck an entire team. a hunter can only deal with one enemy at a time. sure for ever, but only one. thereā€™s still other enemies more than able to deal with the hunter out there.

Your ass again.
A hunter can turn a 2v2 in a 2v1 fight.
You can deal with others hunters, well thatā€™s the basic you need if you want to win.
Hunter is indeed a pvp class, a top tier duelist.
And itā€™s cancer.

Yeah? One kabalist / diev3 and this catagon is finished.

Great logic, 10/10

Youā€™re crying, justfied. still crying. justified.

Still there are far more pressing matters. than hunter. BTW, try one today. it is so much joy. go ahead and use it to PvP prove me wrong.

No, thank you. I do not play stupid classes.

Why? what makes it stupid? the fact that is hard to use? that it can stun lock you?

Thereā€™ll be this event, atleast try it. Youā€™ll not regret it.

Quite the opposite.
Itā€™s easy and retard. Broken and buggy.

u never played one so u cant tell that its easy =_= well i tought the same about pixel art tbh