Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ„ Archer builds/ Skill synergies / Mechanics etc Megathread! šŸ„

Of all the build paths above I especially like the first one, however I not fond of the hunter class skill and want to replace r3 and 4 with sapper.
which skill in this class should I take?

Cheers for the advice.
While re-reading the thread I saw a build I must have missed. Archer>Archer>hunter>Wug>Wug>Fletch.

You said you really liked it and it kinda meets the style I was going for (10/10 for missing this)

Except with the way you described using stats itā€™s kinda in the middle. Half Dex classes and half Str Classes. When put together like this does one get an advantage?

that is what i currently playing
having those classes not scale that well until fletcher is not really a concern, since they do massive damage by themselves ( see hunter rush dog doing upwards of 1k damage to groups of mobs clumped together per mob) so you have the scaling from str and dex to improve fletcher and archer skills as well as the auto attack ( which started to become more viable with level 60 due to high crit rate + pet)
if my other classes werenā€™t so fun iā€™d probably be around level 80 now and could talk about wugu, so no insight on that front yet ;(

You can always reset the stats so donā€™t worry about it, play with what you enjoy. Iā€™ve been remaking my characters due to minor mistakes and itā€™s really hard hard getting past circle 3 because of that.

Fellow Archers :wink:

Excuse me for my horrible english!

Since Iā€™m a big fan of the class stalker in ragnarok online :mask: . I decided to take this class which Iā€™m thinking twice nowā€¦ <ā€”just kidding :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Now first I would like to share my experienceā€¦

Iā€™m currently lvl 32 ATM having fun at tenet garden rolling in the grass, playing with the beeā€™s and killing the mobs that looks like the ā€œPekkaā€ from clash of clans. Now after getting bored I decided to kill the Boss Reaper that is located outside gates of hell. I died twice but got my revenge from the second try. Iā€™m currently trying to survive now at the place that looks like glast heim forgot the name ā€œsorryā€ but itā€™s near the boss that looks like a big tin can with lots of coins going out on its mouth or head.

Going to My build.

Iā€™m planning to go to Archer 3 -> Scout <<< ā€œbecause of cloakingā€ - > not yet decided for the next one if itā€™s fletcher or rougeā€¦

Current Stats:

40 dex then the rest is STR. -Dodge is pretty good so far, but if they hit you in the face 3-4 times your deadā€¦

For the skills Iā€™m bit dying hereā€¦

Multi shot is the only thing that is working for me in terms of boss fights and mobs. Which I think the best skill EVAH!! for archer!!

I have level 6 oblique which is horrible it eats SP like a 9 tail demon fox!!! :cry: I wish I just leave it at lvl 1. Just to add it hits randomly hits anything it likes and it loves to bring a lot un invited friends. :scream:

Quick step is currently at lvl 5 still thinking of increasing it but Iā€™ll stop at 5 for the meantime. Any suggestions?

Full draw at lvl 2 which is good in holding high lvl enemy while charging my lvl 10 multi shots! :dizzy_face: Iā€™m planning to max out this skill but I think kneeling shot would help me lvl up a lot but comments from the top and other threads said its a waste at the end game. :sleepy:

For Attributes I would love to hear your suggestions. Since Iā€™m still thinking about what to do with my 27k of sliver! Iā€™m kinda rich you know :smile:

Iā€™m currently on quest to check the gates but not sure about where the goddess is located to mark my save point. So I canā€™t warp back to klaipeda yet to buy some pots and repair my weapon and armors!

Thatā€™s it for today hahahahahahah! Thanks for reading or putting a flag on this :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Iā€™m currently a level 40 Quarrel Shooter.

I think Deploy Pavise getā€™s a bad rap. Not a lot of people know it, but the Pavise can also block melee attacks, as long as the shield is between the attacker and you, itā€™ll block it. It just doesnā€™t work well on some bosses because some of their attacks hit everything in a line, and most of the AoEā€™s count their origin from the center of the radius.

Caltrops is probably their only inclusion so far as a legitimate increase in DPS. Unfortunately, it only hits grounded targets. It might be a good idea to weapon swap with a bow so that you can take advantage of the bonus damage vs. airborne target attribute. Using bows on grounded mobs is sub optimal - even if they have a slight increase in DPS from weapon stats, youā€™re also missing out on Quarrelā€™s shield bonus to damage attribute - up to 200% your shieldā€™s defense to damage, as far as I can see.

I havenā€™t used throw stone yet, but my understanding with the 1 second delay, this is not meant to be used as a DPS skill. Rather, I think this is best used to apply stun to tough enemies. I havenā€™t seen it work against bosses thoughā€¦ once I hit circle 2 I will use reset scrolls to study this skillā€™s best use scenario.

I am looking forward to going Quarrel Shooter 2 / Scout 3, once Iā€™m a Scout Iā€™ll report on anything interesting I found out! :slight_smile: Of course, that might take awhile!

Caltrops does decent damage to land bosses as well :D. Stone shot is an improved version of oblique shot, the extra damage and the stun chance are amazing though the cost of mana is unappealing.

1 Like

To have good chances of stun with SS without dying, one would need to level up it. Deploy Pavise was a hell of surprise, while you are around it, the shield will block everything. But I didnā€™t saw any good damage with Caltrops yet, enemies seem to just pass over it without a significant damage, am I missing something?

floating mobs wonā€™t trigger the caltrops, and on grounded enemies they have a relatively small trigger area. itā€™s rare to get all the caltrops to trigger on a single target, so itā€™s basically good for AoE damage.

Iā€™m not sure if throw stone is necessarily better than Oblique shot. for one, it costs much more SP to use. then thereā€™s the fact you have to spend extra skill points getting pick up stoneā€¦ the only factor in my eyes which makes it worth the extra SP is the stun duratioon, which is rather long at high ranks. Personally, I wanna test it at both rank 1 and rank 10 to see which is more useful.

@Dynamod
Stone shot does around 20% more damage and costs 4 times the MP :unamused:, itā€™s basically a skill to be used when you have over half MP.

1 Like

I just found out rapid fire doesnā€™t lock you into place like multi-shot does when charging :open_mouth: I was under the impression that the charge time had you sit still like multi-shot does. thats probably rather useful for bosses.

@Anarth
Yeah, I know what you mean. Also donā€™t forget the throwing animation locks you in place for like 1 second before throwingā€¦ much less attractive for pure damage per second.

@Dynamod

Unfortunately it locks you in place due to the lag.
Btw, do you recommend getting QS C2? I had the intention of getting Hunter before going for QS C2 butā€¦

1 Like

@Anarth I canā€™t answer whether itā€™s better than Ranger c2 or Archer c3. If you decide to go for it, do it for Deploy Pavise rank 10, which basically lets you keep up 2 walls indefinitely. Quarrel Shooter trades DPS for utility, and thatā€™s where the most of the utility the class has comes from.

@Dynamod

You got the wrong idea. Since you seem to have played QS C2 I wanted to know your opinion. Simply put, does Rapid Fire heavily increases the dps potential to the point of being worth it getting to C2 right away? :relaxed:

I heard that Karacha set, the one who give 4x boost to Backstab damage was fixed. How was it fixed exactly? Does the effect removed, or just nerfed? By the way, got this video (also the one who did the 30k+ backstab damage video) that shows a Rogue while bossing with backstab, which adds to my concern, is Backstabā€™s CD really 20s and not 10s? Would appreciate it if someone can answer this question. TY. Btw, hereā€™s the video:

Rapid fire at level 5 hits 8 times with a base damage of 204. at rank one, it seems like a 50% chance of hitting 7 or 8 times. I would assume at rank 10, it hits 9 times (or possibly 10).

Multi shot deals about 160 damage per hit for me, while Rapid Fire does about 255. A full rotation of MS R5 is about 12 hits (50% more than rapid fire), making MS deal roughly the same damage as rapid fire, with a 9 second shorter cooldown. The only difference in RFā€™s favor is, Rapid Fire has a higher base damage, which means against bosses less of that damage is mitigated.

Ultimately think of it as a second Multi Shot of equal rank, with Rapid Fire being a slightly better for bosses since higher damage and stationary for less time.

these damage numbers are with 68 strength, 18 dexterity. switching to 18 strength, 60 dexterity seems to lower the damage by about 50 per hit.

Unrelatedly, Iā€™ve found out that SP regenerates one uptick every 20 seconds, and Oblique shot can be used 8 times in 10 seconds. That means with an SP recovery of 160, Oblique shot rank 1 wonā€™t even cost you mana. I have no idea if thatā€™s worth it though.

1 Like

thatā€™s obvious.
You should calculate how much the criticals influence the average damage per hit.

And iā€™ve read on multiple spots that weapon upgrades tend to improve Dex over Str

How did you guys manage to level at 40? As a c3 archer I found the only way was to go full SPR and spam oblique shot/multishot at chapel b1 solo (thereā€™s so much people there now). If itā€™s still like this at launch with no stat reset, Iā€™m pretty screwed since Iā€™m going scout>rogue c2 after.

How did you guys go through?

1 Like

When going fully into dex, between 3 and 4 of the 8 hits were criticals. The criticals did roughly 320-330 damage per hit, non-crits doing 205. this was level 44 vs. level 49 Black Maize.

I donā€™t know how critical rate works in game yet, especially in relation to critical defense, so itā€™s hard to say for sure if going mostly dexterity is superior to going mostly strength. they both seem about the same to me.

I leveled at tenet gardens and low mobs until I could push the quest line again around 45. Of course I used ranger and had 2 really solid aoe skills. Archer C3 just seems underwhelming until/unless they add higher hp enemies to reward single target grinding IMO.