Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ„ Archer builds/ Skill synergies / Mechanics etc Megathread! šŸ„

YO!

Hate to be another one dropping a build in this thread but would like some feedback (still nub)
I was following your first build and just became a hunter on my c3, then kinda wanted to go halfway with one of your other ones.

How do you think the output would be with this? Or am I being too optimistic with something so basic?

Also any feedback on stat distribution would be great. Kinda pumping the STR but think I should probs switch to higher DEX as oppose to evening it out.

Classes like hunter, wugushi and most likely falconeer donā€™t get much of a boost from strength as their damage is either dependant on skill level ( poison damage, rush dog autoattack and rush dog ) or their own level (companion, hits for 1 at first)

So for the ones above Iā€™d go dex with an add on of some con later on not to die to mages easily.

The rest benefit from strength.

Fletcher is more of an active type of a gameplay where as hunter is more of a passive one, I donā€™t think they mesh well unless youā€™re just planning to use the pet as a bit of CC. Hunter/wugushi works well because not only do you have to stay in/around one spot for the pet but also for the wugushiā€™s aoe later on. But they really need to look into companions, I left a report in the bug section hoping it will be fixed before the beta is over.

I think if you went hunter Iā€™d consider resetting my stats into a dex build, going hunter 2 into wugushi later on and realize that the playstyle is simply different then what archer made us get used to which is button mashing and using multishot on cooldown while on bosses.

I think thatā€™s the best you can do with where you are, for a fletcher a ranger prior is better because ranger skills provide aoe where as fletcher brings another one to the table and very strong single target skills too + a great debuff.

So as to what youā€™re supposed to do, well decide for yourself.

Thanks for the reply, Iā€™m sure youā€™ve gotta be dying from all the archer talk.

I think Iā€™ll switch to mainly DEX. Is it worth putting any into STR? It feels like a 3:1 Dex to Str would be nice for if I get stuck auto attacking but at the same time it might just be a waste with so little.

I only wanted hunter for the companion as bonus dmg and CC. And ranger felt like it would only bring Barrage and High Anchor. So archer c3 seemed like a good choice (but am nub)

I think I was focusing a lot on DMG so I ended up looking at all the DOTS and Heavy hits. Am I making a typical mistake? Haha

Thanks.

I was forced to full str due to how low my damage was on some bosses, hitting for at most 10 damage per shot. You can go ahead and full DEX, but I want to warn you that this stat build is a pain to level.

1 Like

Whats your dmg now that you have full str

@time2sleep00

Right now Iā€™m a lv36 Quarrel Shooter. Being full STR makes me do from 80 to 110 on basic attacks, my Oblique Shot Lv5 does 220 to 300 and my Stone Shot Lv4 from 400 to 550. Multi Shot Lv5 does 120 to 180 per hit I think.

Against bosses I do 30~40% of that amount normally.

P.S. If Ranger is better should I swap archer c3 with ranger like this?;

Nope rangerā€™s damage at that point will be useless at rank4. Take another hunter, it will bring your pet autoattacks when levelled up ( the auto rush dogs ) to around 1200 or so when praised, more with a critical. Mine does 700+ right now and 900+ with a crit, so another 5 levels of rush dog will bring that to about 1100-1200 and more when crit.

[Squarrel Shooter]
I gave up on Stone Shooter. The server is working great, no lag at all since 8am, but this skill still doesnā€™t work right.
The Stone Picking - necessary to use SS - has a damn big delay, it is only possible to use it before getting into the fight. The character stays too long doing the animation, giving time to the monsters get up to you, for me, who does hit&run, itā€™s certain death. But the SP it uses is ok for me.
I will level up SC and Deploy from now on.
I also feel that Steady Aim needs more damage, +17 damage on level40 monsters make no difference (The skill is level 5, C1 with +2 from attribute) Maybe syncronizing it with STR points?

It might be because of bosses defense. You use more basic attack or the skills?

Is it worth going archer c3 -> wugushi c3
Or maybe is it better drop one circle in archer or wugushi and get hunter?

Iā€™m temporarily giving up on trying a Bokor gimmick build so I decided Iā€™d like to try something as an Archer so I can get a taste of some underused skills. It seems like a lot of Sappers arenā€™t going for its circle 3 and people are largely dismissing Falconer so Iā€™d like to try both because they seem to have some synergy with the right build. I figured I may as well share what I theorized.

Hereā€™s my skill build (Archer c2 > Sapper c3 > Falconer). Dexterity is the main stat, Spirit is secondary, and maybe Iā€™ll sprinkle Constitution and Strength in when we know exactly more about critical strike chance. These skills have high base damage so they benefit more from critical rate scaling than additional base damage. When all the main damage dealing skills are used youā€™d then switch into Kneeling Stance so Dexterity adds base damage to attacks, much like Strength. Spirit of course is necessary in this situation because the many costs.

Along with high base damage skills thereā€™s a decent amount of utility skills (such as Full Drawā€™s physical defense reduction and Heavy Drawā€™s on-demand knockback). Itā€™s also worth noting that many of the damage skills deal strike damage, which should be pretty helpful. Also considering how Falconerā€™s Callā€™s attribute has a 50% chance of producing a potion or herb that might help a bit with maintaining spirit potions for grinding and cut down on the overall costs of the build.

Let me know if you see any possible problems. I donā€™t know much of Sapperā€™s costs so thatā€™s one thing Iā€™d like some feedback on. Luckily some of its damage skills donā€™t require materials (Collar Bomb, Stake Stockades).

Am only lv39 now but after reading the thread I realized I should have gone Archer c2 for the kneeling shot since it is such an awesome skill. And that ranger is a weak class. Probably also added wrong spells like maxing Barrage and not even adding on spells like Steady aim,High anchroring, Multishot. It is really underwhelming path?

Guys, about weapons for archers in level 40.

Which one do you guys prefer? Iron Bow (74~111 ATK, Crit ATK + 78) or Hawk Bow (97~145 ATK, +8 DEX)?

you can always opt out to reskill to see if the skill choices seem good or bad to the stage you on, and because you are still 39 you could level another archer on the side and try out the archer c2 and see if it suits you better than what you got as ranger while ocmparing both

Are you sure you read the correct thread? No one ever said anything thatā€™s close to a compliment in this thread about kneeling shot.

You can also reset your skills, you can buy a scroll at the npc that sells potions - and you get icoins by talking to Lena in klaipeda.

@maedhros went with hawk bow, Iā€™m an str build so critatk didnā€™t do much for me, if Iā€™d be dex Iā€™d pbly go with iron bow.

I did say that it was a time-saver in Tenetā€™s Garden, but you wonā€™t use this skill that much. Heck, I didnā€™t use it even once outside of Tenetā€™s Garden.

Yeah I didnt type that properly, I actually meant that I read about how ranger is weak/underwhelming in the early parts of the thread. The kneeling shot part was I thought a general mistake I made since it is a main tool for grinding easy during lv35+. So is that wrong? Kneeling shot is not that good? Also read how it can be combined with the pet thing with Hunter to easy farm. Correct me if am wrong.

My build is 5:3 STR/DEX, so Iā€™m tornā€¦