Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ„ Archer builds/ Skill synergies / Mechanics etc Megathread! šŸ„

the skills donā€™T have any required stances or weapons, there is nothing that prevents you from using them while mounted, check here,: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3m7kf7/mounting_and_skill_compatibility/

the only skill that doesnā€™t work while mounted as an archer is kneeling shot, since your character isnā€™t physically able to do it while sitting on the mount

Cool, thanks for the reply!
Indeed Fletcher was the class that caught my attention the most since the beginning to complete the hunter. (And I like the idea of the hunter that crafts its own arrows in the wild)
I understand how Hunter and Wugushi work well togheter, but Iā€™ve never been a fan of poisons in games (I do put a bit of RP valure in may play trough).

With the Ranger giving a good benefit to Fletcher, you mean just by taking a single circle at c2? Going Archer > Ranger > Hunter c2 > Fletcher c2? Iā€™ve read around that only one circle of Ranger is a bit mediocre, but Iā€™ve read loads of weird stuff around, so it may be just someoneā€™s opinion out of a bad experience.

My point is that mostly I want to be Hunter. Archer c2 was taken just because of the Swift Step passive and due to uncertanty.
When Iā€™ve got into the game, hunter that was the class that I wanted to try right away (got distracted by how easy Highlander is compared toā€¦ everything else). I just want a good combination alongside it and if Fletcher will work, thatā€™ll be good.
But if in your opinion/opinions there are better Hunters, feel free to suggest me :smiley: (I feel like Hunter/Falconer would be a bit redundant and Hunter skills dont work while mounted, so Schwarzer Reiter is a no no).

Since Iā€™m talkign Hunter, do you think Hunter c2 is enough to keep the petā€™s attack competitive, or will I need to go C3 at some point? (Maybe when further Circles are released?)

I think it will be enough for the beta, and if not you can always switch it into a debuff/cc machine for your fletcher later on.

It wonā€™t be as is for later parts of the game when it releases, definitely not. Your petā€™s damage is capped by his stats and rushdog, and reduced by enemy def. Yes, you can pay a lot of money ( and I do mean a lot of money, easily into millions if not tens of millions ), but since itā€™s an entirely different entity - that is what it will take to have it be competetive. If the companion gets what is it, +1 attack per level? Without buying attributes at say 600 it would have around 650 attack. With rushdog on 10 thatā€™s around 1.5k damage. By that time pouring millions into it wonā€™t be a problem so letā€™s assume you have around 1.5k base attack with 900 from rushdog so 2.4k. 2.4k per autorushdog, rushdog spam quite a bit less with normal autoattacks. What if pets donā€™t have a level cap? What if you can endlessly invest into them? If you can do it to no end it will just end up costing millions per a single attribute eventually. Is that +1 attack really worth 4.47 million silver? This is what hunters will be facing when the game releases unless the devs will incorporate other roles for previous archer classes then we have currently, you know to have a continuation of progress and not a cupboard where you have archer in this drawer, hunter in this one and you can open up and think of how fun times were when they actually mattered. Maybe Iā€™m overthinking it.

At the same time you could invest that money into your gear / levelling damage attributes on your skills from classes that have them and have all of that scale onto your active skills with a character. Yes, at early levels even comparing archer -> ranger 3 you will easily outclass a ranger with damage, because even with overheat - they still have cooldowns. Your pet continues attacking unless itā€™s knocked unconscious, meaning between the autoattacks and rushdog spam you can do anywhere between 2k and 4-5k every 5 seconds, depending how lucky you are. Or well your pet is. Iā€™m sure there are more variables then luck, seems to activate a lot often when thereā€™s many mobs around and far less with just one. Regardless, damage wise theyā€™re outclassed. But not outlasted. Further in their weapons will start contributing more to the skills damage, attributes, stats. Tables will turn eventually.

But none of that matters, there will be a wipe after the beta and you wonā€™t get to test further circles. Itā€™s fun for this beta as the level cap wonā€™t show the petā€™s disparity so badly yet so we can have fun with it until it lasts :wink:

Can you post a new archer c2/hunter c2/wugushi c2 build or it still the same?

@lajkonikes Hmmm o: Iā€™m Ranger c2 now so going Wugushi c2 is a posibility, I havenā€™t read or fumbled with that class choice at all but Iā€™m gonna take a look at it, I saw that Throw Gu Pot and Jincan Gu dont work while mounted, do you have any advice for c2 Wugu ending with SR? What are teh best picks D: Thanks btw! Very helpful! @u@

Those two will help plenty in understanding the class. Iā€™d still be taking throw gu pot even if Iā€™m SR mostly because as I said you can remount fast, plus you can just throw it under a boss and watch the damage rising while riding around him. Jincan gu is rank 3, you wonā€™t get it. Not if youā€™re going to take SR after.

If youā€™ll have any doubts after reading those two Iā€™m glad to help.

@mrwolololo I updated it pretty recently after I got a taste of hunter. When it comes to wugushi skills I still need to test them for myself, Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be taking at least 1 level of zhendu, possibly more since it does the most damage with the stats I have. Just test it and buy a skill reset scroll in klaipeda if you donā€™t like it, I will update the first post when I have the actual experience myself.

Thanks, i asked that question because in the video you have lv 10 oblique shot and in the build itā€™s lv 3.

So, playing rather slow hereā€¦ Still, got a bit of updated feedback on Sapper. Further in the game it actually works (Though, Iā€™m jsut lvl 76). Stockades (once again) are the best skill ever. It is the shame that you can put only 2 at time, but they work better than anything else. Detonate traps are quite something as well, especially when you manage to detonate magical circuits. Claymore at r5 is still uselessā€¦ Not enough damage for it cost. Iā€™ll probably drop it to 0 in favor of Detonate Trap or/and Punjas. Punjas are rather conditionalā€¦ And all in all hard to install during a fight, but can provide you with a some nice damage bonus. Especially, considering their silver priceā€¦ They are A LOT better than Claymore (at least on Sapper C1). Atm, Iā€™ve 38 str, 18 con, 38 spr, and 60 dex. On the 3rd lvl of Royal Mausoleum auto-attack crits are 'bout 350-400.
And now Iā€™m starting to wonderā€¦ Just why it was so unrewarding in terms of gameplay up until Kvailas Forest.

Stockades are so much better than claymore aside from not having any material to deploy it also deals more damage for something worth 300 silver a pop but with the skill options available at C1 Iā€™m kinda forced to go 5 Stockades, 5 Clay 1 Detonate & 4 Punjas.

Currently lvl 74. and building for Archer C2, Sapper C2, Fletcher C2. Itā€™s a hard life tbh and I canā€™t wait to get Broom trap to cover more AoE. I think itā€™s a pretty hard grind on bosses with this path that Iā€™m taking since I often find myself just spamming Multishot and situational stockades depending on the boss.

Once I reach Fletcher Iā€™m pretty sure everything will eventually balance out.

1 Like

I donā€™t find it hard at all, actually. Iā€™m doing Archer(2)>Sapper(2)>Fletcher(2) build as well. And, well, stockades+punjas+detonate+multishot+full draw+occasional claymoreā€¦ I use it all on bossess and it works.
You can manage your CDs by setting stockades, detonating them, multishoting then, then 1-2 fulldraw, then stockades againā€¦ Or if you have a horde of summon rushing on you, you can try to set Punji.
Also, if you directly set stockades under the boss feet and his summon is close byā€¦ They would take a lot of damage of those stockades, just trying to get to you. Then you detonate it andā€¦ puff, only Boss stans there. Though, that wonā€™t work on flying targets. Still, for those little flying mobs you have oblique.
Maybe Iā€™m playing sapper wrong and, I guess, it does take more time to defeat bossess, but still, game has become pretty easy after dat goddarned thorn forest.

Iā€™m actually thinking about going Sapper(3)ā€¦ and then get Falconer (just for fun) for the 6th Circle.

Ok, iā€™ve read almost all the posts on this thread, and made my own build:

itā€™s a little bit of hell to leveling this since i have no were to run from archer until rank 4, iā€™ve chose scout becouse i dont think itā€™s worth getting just one rank on Hunter, or Wugushi and i dont like the Sapper game play :stuck_out_tongue: (i really wanted something like the RO traps >.<)
Fletcher is just awesome, but nothing on c2 of this get my attentionā€¦
and SR for final, and thats where i have my doubtsā€¦ i realy dont know if i choose falconer or SR, just choose SR couse its difirentā€¦
and i have no idea if, this build will do a decent damage and aoe damage, so any advises are welcome =]

and sorry for spelling mistakes english itā€™s not my main language >.<

Just keep in mind that schwarzer uses xbow and pistol, and fletcher skills require 2h bow so you will have to do a lot of weapon swapping.

1 Like

So maybe Falconer is a better choice?

How garbage is the circle 3 Wugushi skill Jican gu? I canā€™t find any videos showcasing how well it works in a huge mob of enemies. If itā€™s not that good Iā€™m stopping at c2 Wugushi to take QS so I can have their awesome mobbing skill to make wugong pot more effective. Archer c3>Wugushi c2> QS.

Can you choose what class gets displayed next to your character info?

would be interesting, not really much info on falconer really, besides the fact that you just auto attack while riding it, i would like to know some info on as it seems like it could be cool, but it may be one of those rank 6 classes that isnt that great w/o higher circles.

1 Like

I really donā€™t think that falconer is a fun class at it is now, it have a decent aoe, but itā€™s more like, you run around luring enimies to hovering areaā€¦
SR spells and machanics are much more attractive, but it has no sinergy with Scout and Fletcherā€¦
Maybe i should try something with less Jobsā€¦ like archer > archer > archer > Scout/Sapper > Fletcher > Feltcher ā€¦

Scout is good for sneak atacks, but iā€™m not looking for pvp right now, and i get the felling that my build need a bit of crowd controlā€¦ or more aoe damageā€¦

Any suggestion of changes?

For pvp, what is better, a rogue or a wugushi?
I dont really like pve so i think i will pvp as soon as possible, im atm QS C2 and thats why i want to know what i should be

Rogue itā€™s like de default choice, itā€™s a pvp class no metter how you lookt at it, wugushi, for me works for both pve and pvp, but unlike rogues that show up behind you and explode you, wugushi is more tactical, is about control your anemy while you pison drain his lifeā€¦ they are too diferent to say ā€œthis one is betterā€ it is about play stylle, if you like sneaking behind, and overkill mages, priest, etcā€¦ go rogue, but probly youā€™ll have a bad time against tankersā€¦ if you like to see ā€œwho dies firstā€ go for wugushi

Hello everyone.

I just created an Archer and I have been reading this post for a while, but I still do not know what to do.
Actually, I am in love with Rogue and Schwarzer Reiter, butā€¦ People are saying that Rogue is more focused on PvP, and I do not like PvP. My goal is to find a good balance between AoE damage and single target damage as I do not want to struggle much against any kind of PvE scenario (boss, grind/party, dungeon, solo).

I am thinking of:
Archer > Ranger > Ranger > Ranger > Rogue > Rogue
Is it good? Well balanced?

Also:
Archer > Ranger > Sapper > Sapper > Sapper > Schwarzer Reiter

And:
Archer > Ranger > Ranger > Wugushi > Wugushi > Schwarzer Reiter

Anyway, which one is better in general?
Thank you all, in advance.

Could you guys rate my build? I would like to play as Sapper and Falconer, to play as some kind of delay dps or something like that.

Iā€™m not sure what to distribute at the second rank. Is Kneel Shot good enough? It seems good at low level where I donā€™t have many skills to use and mana problem. Or should I save points to level up Oblique Shot later? I plan to use it at level 1 in early because of mana problem.

As of Sapper, I donā€™t plan to raise Stockade to max level even though it has high dmg because it hard to use and EVERYONE in my party are just gonna ignore it anyway. So I think I should go full Claymore and Broom Trap instead. But Iā€™m not sure about Detonate. Is it worth level up?

And Falconer, I donā€™t know why many want to max Hanging Shot and dump out Pleasant. It didnā€™t even raise your stats or dmg right? So Iā€™ll have just one as my emergency mobility.

Lastly, the stats, As I try it myself, Iā€™m still not sure what to raise. Traps are depend on STR right? But I want my normal attacks to be useful too. If I donā€™t provide much on DEX will it still be fine? I will give some of my point to SPR too, because I mainly use big skills after all.

I think this build will be easy to grind when I can at least get to rank 4 (Broom Trap OP). But before that itā€™ll surely be a big struggle as I faced it before in this CBT.