Tree of Savior Forum

Tested Wugushi C1, here's what I found

Hello everyone, again. That archer guide is still on the horizon, as well as some general ToS information I’ve found out while playing the game, but for now, I have some information to share with you about Wugushi and things related to Wugushi.

To start, let’s go over their damage skills.

As far as C1 Wugushi goes, its attack skills are:

Needle Blow
Wugong Gu
Zhendu

I made it to class level 5 to have some room to mess around with the skill point distribution and after doing some extensive testing, this is what I found out about each of the skills.

Needle Blow:
Poison DoT base damage: 84
Poison DoT scaling per level: 18
Scales with STR/Physical Damage
Scaling formula (I’m not the best mathematician, so if there is an easier way to state this, feel free): phys attack + (84 + (18 * (x- 1 )) where X is the rank of the skill.

Comments: This skill scales pretty hard with STR/damage, so it is ideal for builds focusing on high str. It is a very straightforward skill, you blow a dart and you do damage. The higher the STR, the more the poison ticks.

Wugong Gu:
Poison DoT base damage: 127
Poison DoT scaling per level: 32
Poison DoT does not scale AT ALL

Comments: Wugong Gu is like Needle Blow, but with a MUCH higher base damage, a longer duration and a small infection spreading component. The next mob has to be within melee range for the poison to spread. I was not able to get the AoE to spread to more than one target though. I did not pick up the + duration attribute. I may do so and try it again. Overall, it is a good skill for non-STR wugushi builds since the poison damage doesn’t scale. (SPR builds come to mind).

Zhendu:
Poison DoT base damage: 199
Poison DoT scaling per level: 37
Poison DoT does not scale AT ALL

Comments: Zhendu is a party buff that allows the party (yourself included) to add poison to your next attack. It does not matter how much damage the initial attack does, Zhendu will do the same amount if it isn’t resisted. You can have Zhendu doing more damage than the initial attack. At level 5 it has 15 seconds of duration, 5 more than the other two, making it far superior for the purpose of poisoning things. Since the scaling is flat, at level 10, the skill should tick for 532 damage (199 + (37 * 9)) and do 13, 832 damage over the entire duration. This is by far the strongest of the 3 for non-str builds and perhaps in general.

Other important information I discovered:

If you are going to go Wugushi, go C1 ranger beforehand. Steady Aim ticks for each tick of DoT and that extra damage (especially with attributes) can be considered a direct scaling of the poison damage.
For example, Level 5 Steady Aim with a Level 50 enhancement will do 124 damage. That will tick 26 times on a level 10 Zhendu, which does 13, 832 damage. 26 * 124 = 3224 damage. That’s a 23% damage buff to Zhendu.

Poison ticks once on the initial hit and then once per second of its duration, so the actual amount of ticks is duration + 1.

Raising the attributes for Wugushi skills increases the base damage, but not the poison DoT. This is most likely why Zhendu does not have an enhance attribute, it does no base damage. Since Wugong Gu has a very, very high base damage, this would make it a good low-str nuke at higher attribute levels.

The “Poison Attack” attribute on gear gives +1 to the poison damage that the skill does. This damage is additive and in no way is multiplied into any equation. +9 poison damage takes level 1 Zhendu from 199 to 208 damage.

Poison does not scale off of INT, DEX, Magic Attack and cannot crit.

Poison damage ignores Physical/Magical DEF and is only mitigated by elemental resistances. It does have a small chance of being resisted though.

I’ll update this once I discover any more relevant information. Enjoy your game time, all!

12 Likes

So poison damage scale with STR ? Is that real @@ . Coz I read a topic said that Poison does not scale with anything except Poison equip

Good write up, will wait for the 2nd part when you get to wugushi c2!

Edit: Are you saying poison DOTs scale with str/physical attack? Or did you mean the initial damage of needle bow/wugong gu?

Also, good find on steady shot! Did you test it with sacrament/fire property buff? It would be fun if all those actually ticked with poison damage. Edit2: I just read it’s been fixed this patch, oh well was good while it lasted I guess :joy:

@hizonhan The only poison damage that scales with strength is Needle Blow. I know this for a fact. The other two don’t. I tested it by unequipping my weapon to barehands and testing the damage, then re-equipping my weapon and testing the damage, subtracting the numbers and finding the poison damage and then finding the scaling for each level. It took a few skill/stat reset scrolls to do, haha.

@lajkonikes Needle Blow’s poison damage scales with strength. Wugong Gu and Zhendu’s poison is a flat amount, but the initial damage of Wugong Gu can be increased with STR/physical attack. Zhendu isn’t an attack really, it’s a buff, so it doesn’t have initial damage to scale off of. The poison DoT will always tick for the same amount based on skill rank/+ poison element damage (and previously Steady Aim).

The Steady Aim buff really made Wugu shine. I don’t think it’ll be “trash” afterwards, but that’s a lot of lost damage for no reason.

2 Likes

Cheers. Test if sacrament ticks, if it does that’s +120 damage per tick so it’d be similar to the damage lost on steady just now.

Sacrament? Is that the Priest’s blessing?

I’m not so sure, I’ve level each of my archers solo so I don’t know how they interact with other classes. I can try to find someone tomorrow to buff me.

Wugu is strong regardless because Zhendu is so ridiculously powerful. I haven’t gotten C2 to see how Throw Gu Pot really works. I’m thinking a lot of people just saw numbers and were satisfied with it, haha. I want to know how the poison/damage scales, if it does.

Good, I like your approach! I will await more findings, thanks for sharing mate appreciated!

so does Zhendu last the entire 30 sec durations and thus applies to all attacks done in that period off time.
Or does it only apply to the next attack like stated on the tos base description?

There are two durations that are mentioned in the tooltip.

There is Zhendu duration, which is the amount of time it’ll last on your weapon if it is unused and there is poison duration, which is the amount of time the DoT lasts once you hit with it.

The duration of the buff on your weapon is an unscaling 30 seconds. The DoT duration is +2 seconds/level.

So, it actually means, you apply poison to one monster every 30 secondes (or whatever is the CD for zhendu i don’t remember)? It doesnt sounds really good to me. Did I miss something?

Zhendu applies to a single monster on a single attack once during that duration. After you use the cast, it is used and you have to recast it when its CD is over.

It’s good because of the RIDICULOUS amount of poison damage it does. On any single, high priority target, it will melt them once its levels get up there, because of how much damage it does. It was unrivaled completely before the Steady Aim nerf. It’s also good for low-STR builds because of its high scaling.

Throw Gu Pot also scales with str, I can confirm that much.

so if i didnt pick ranger c1 is better go for scout>rogue?

I know nothing about Scout/Rogue, but I may be able to assume something of value for you. What is your current build?

archer c3 >>>> ? i was going for wugushi c3 too

You’re gonna be just fine going Wugushi.

Steady Aim got nerfed in a patch about a week ago, so Steady Aim no longer applies to poison DoTs. Going Ranger is no longer necessary when deciding if you want to go Wugushi or not.

awesome =D, i hope the wugushi poison scales well with higher rank, or it will end up a useless class =/

I’m not sure about really late game, but keep in mind there are additional circles that still need to be added to the game and there may be effects that improve the performance of the poisons.

The scaling is listed above and as far as I know of, from what I’ve done in the game so far, these should be sufficient for most anything you fight in the beta.

hi subjecttovary, at first i would like to thank you for such a clear, focus commentary on Wugushi.
I am a newbie in Wugushi as currently just 90lv C1 Wugushi. But I have two questions about the build of such DOT class.
Q1) I am now a 20 SPR, rest STR build, I have arround 1200 sp and damage is ok. 4lv needle blow around 5xx per second. for Boss: 2xx per second only. is there a possibility of having FULL SPR build as Zhendu and Wugong has base high damage and scale?
Q2) which skills you prefer to be max. ?
Thank you for answering my wonders.

1 Like

also how about FULL DEX? as those two skills doesnt scale of anything. how about having full dex which gives critical to other Archer skills like oblique shot / multi shots?
thanks a lot