Tree of Savior Forum

šŸ„ Archer builds/ Skill synergies / Mechanics etc Megathread! šŸ„

Rapid fire at level 5 hits 8 times with a base damage of 204. at rank one, it seems like a 50% chance of hitting 7 or 8 times. I would assume at rank 10, it hits 9 times (or possibly 10).

Multi shot deals about 160 damage per hit for me, while Rapid Fire does about 255. A full rotation of MS R5 is about 12 hits (50% more than rapid fire), making MS deal roughly the same damage as rapid fire, with a 9 second shorter cooldown. The only difference in RFā€™s favor is, Rapid Fire has a higher base damage, which means against bosses less of that damage is mitigated.

Ultimately think of it as a second Multi Shot of equal rank, with Rapid Fire being a slightly better for bosses since higher damage and stationary for less time.

these damage numbers are with 68 strength, 18 dexterity. switching to 18 strength, 60 dexterity seems to lower the damage by about 50 per hit.

Unrelatedly, Iā€™ve found out that SP regenerates one uptick every 20 seconds, and Oblique shot can be used 8 times in 10 seconds. That means with an SP recovery of 160, Oblique shot rank 1 wonā€™t even cost you mana. I have no idea if thatā€™s worth it though.

1 Like

thatā€™s obvious.
You should calculate how much the criticals influence the average damage per hit.

And iā€™ve read on multiple spots that weapon upgrades tend to improve Dex over Str

How did you guys manage to level at 40? As a c3 archer I found the only way was to go full SPR and spam oblique shot/multishot at chapel b1 solo (thereā€™s so much people there now). If itā€™s still like this at launch with no stat reset, Iā€™m pretty screwed since Iā€™m going scout>rogue c2 after.

How did you guys go through?

1 Like

When going fully into dex, between 3 and 4 of the 8 hits were criticals. The criticals did roughly 320-330 damage per hit, non-crits doing 205. this was level 44 vs. level 49 Black Maize.

I donā€™t know how critical rate works in game yet, especially in relation to critical defense, so itā€™s hard to say for sure if going mostly dexterity is superior to going mostly strength. they both seem about the same to me.

I leveled at tenet gardens and low mobs until I could push the quest line again around 45. Of course I used ranger and had 2 really solid aoe skills. Archer C3 just seems underwhelming until/unless they add higher hp enemies to reward single target grinding IMO.

From here: Critical Rate Formula Discussion
Actual Crit Rate = N * (Crit Rate - Crit Resist)
Where N ~= .4

Str adds 1 damage AND 1 crit damage % while dex only adds crit rate, but also defenses .
For the multi hit skills with small base damages that archer has STR really scales well, compared to say barbarian who gets HUGE base damage on skills and can scale dex very well.

Iā€™ve been going basically 1:1, favoring STR by about 10 points but Iā€™m going to probably start moving to 2:1 soon or likeā€¦ 4:3

@grapp10

1 damageā€¦thatā€™s so mediocre. Basically you whether have to have funds to get a godly weapon in order to build dex/con/spr or you have to go for full str to do any damage. :weary:

All damage stats scale like this besides DEX which has diminishing returns when it gets high. People see 1 damage and think its terrible but thatā€™s how the game works. The real scaling is once you have a decent crit rate, crit damage % + 1 damage adds up and scales really well. Weapons also scale slowly. Its really hard to mess up your stats in the early levels if you just put everything into either STR or DEX. Impossible even. Also a ton of scaling comes from skill levels and attributes.

I heard that Karacha set, the one who give 4x boost to Backstab damage was fixed. How was it fixed exactly? Does the effect removed, or just nerfed? By the way, got this video (also the one who did the 30k+ backstab damage video) that shows a Rogue while bossing with backstab, which adds to my concern, is Backstabā€™s CD really 20s and not 10s? Would appreciate it if someone can answer this question. TY. Btw, hereā€™s the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sgp1Uh-wJk

Still waiting for an answer.

None of us got to rogue yet, Iā€™m not even going for it. You might wait quite a bit.

Does the +aoe attack items work for archer? Like vubbe gloves? Also for oblique, does it even crit? Or im just unlucky that I dont see a crit when using the skill?

Whats the opinion on Fletcher? Is it strong/Can be strong?
Someone can help me with a build to make a good fletcher? Archer into hunter or ranger or sapper?
And theres any build for sapper? Is it good and what would be the best?

Thanks for helping! :smile:

Ranger or sapper. :camel:

Recently i tried out dex 2 spr 1 stat build and wow was it glorious!
So I was thinking should I go continue my Hunter -> Hunter or go to Hunter -> Arch0r for some top kek oblique shots

What would you recommend and whats the advantage of both?
And it would be archer/archer/ranger(or sapper)/ranger(or sapper)/fletcher/fletcher? Or ranger1/sapper1 and fletcher3?

I seen someone posted a build of sapper2/fletcher2 but I would really like more opinions on those builds so I can nolife grind it and help proving archer isnt weak heheh, im really confused about builds x.x

You cant go fletcher until rank 5. Pick whatever you prefer.

i have a question if kneeling shot, for pvp build seens good, but have to max to 10
for Archer c3 or Archer c2 is good 5/5, i didnā€™t seem yet

I am around level 40 and anything iā€™ve tried seems horrible.

I tried to get to 50 dex, and the rest into STR; i got a +3 Gulail which should be a pretty good weapon, 5 upgrades into swift step crit buff, yet the char sucks horribly.

Iā€™ve tried full SPR, but my skills donā€™t really hit hard.

(currently c2 archer, job almost 15 so about to class again)

Well i was hoping for some helping about what would be better, on a topic exclusively for archer builds and discussion, not whatever i prefer lol, but whatever thanks anyway, ill find some opinions with ppl willing to help more.

You didnt even read the topic if youā€™re asking such questions to begin with, use the search function next time.

Whats better? Did you even state how you wanted to play? Whats your idea? What am I, a mind reader now?

You can make both work I imagine. Good luck in other threads.

1 Like