Tree of Savior Forum

[Monk | Sadhu] Build synergy

Haha, this was the video that got me interested in Sadhu. There is so little information, especially recent ones for me to even know anything about Sadhu. Out-of-Body as long as I can maintain it, and using Monk skills in and out of the Out-of-Body duration.

Just a “small” update to those who have helped gave me advice. PSA: Information given is VERY biased (words of a newb)

Reached Cleric C2 > Priest C1 > Sadhu C1 > Monk C1. The loss of Sacrament hits harder on my DPS than I thought and I have to buy the buff off in town to curb that. However, I think Sacrament will fall off late-game and I have no problem with that. Leveling a Sadhu without INT is hard with only decent damage on Out-of-Body and Astral Body Explosion, and Vashita Siddhi is downright bad. With that being said, Sadhu feels like a great utility class on a Monk and I feel it’s better than Priest C2 unless one needs that Revive and Mass Heal. Priest C1 feels the same as C2 bar those utility skills.

Out-of-Body with Prakriti feels like a controllable Psychokino’s Teleportion you can abuse every 7 seconds and serves to chase after or er “scout and aggro” mobs from far away to you. I also notice I’m able to heal a party much better in dungeons with these two skills by moving from melee DPS-ing on monsters to them faster and providing faster heals. Out-of-Body’s damage alone is lackluster compared to Monk skills since it uses magic damage and I’m forced to use Maces, but when I look at Out-of-Body as a magic-attack-based bleeding I can use without compromising my Monk skill rotation it becomes a good mob / boss killer (kinda like a Magic Attack based Poison debuff…?) I can use while in Safety Zone (Out-of-Body auto attack and Double Punch spam). The difference in DPS compared to a Cleric C2 > Priest C2 Monk is very noticeable, and I can kill bosses and mobs comparably faster under Safety Zone circumstances. Some downsides on Out-of-Body though:

• Some bosses just cannot sit still and your arch-nemesis are mobs that knock you out of your safety zone
  • Attacking with Monk skills while controlling your Out-of-Body Soul feels like Dance Dance Revolution on Advanced / Master on a keyboard
  • You’re more of a healer and less of a support, and Diev-Monks probably do better damage (I still feel Diev-Monk is the best DPS Monk build for general gameplay, more synergy).
  • No Safety Zone = No Out-of-Body, especially on monsters that frequently uses Magic Attack (Physical ones I avoid a lot though with Out-of-Body Evasion attribute)
  • Out-of-Body is “probably” ping-dependant

Astral Body Explosion is below decent damage-wise (1.5 the damage of my Double Punch) and I use it to kill mobs at 1/5 HP if they are running away. The cast time (1.5 - 2 seconds) annoys me to no end since the skill gets cancelled if I get interrupted and the skill still goes on 30 second cooldown regardless. Furthermore, I cannot use Monk skills while using this skill so it falls off my DPS rotation. Utility-wise though, it’s somehow very useful to save that archer or wizard … or myself who’s unintentionally getting mobbed by 10+ monsters, or to knock monsters out of THEIR Safety Zone if Palm Strike is on cooldown.

Vashita Siddhi is bad, just downright bad. When I first put a point in this skill I saw the huge AOE and thought I could use this as a pseudo-swash-buckling, but even after adding points in it (there’s simply nothing else to add), only 0-2 monsters get the debuff / aggro and even after the full duration of the skill, the other monsters do not get any debuff. I noticed Sadhu is rather buggy and I get Moving Validation Error on this class, especially using Vashita Siddhi, and I cannot move until I recast Out-of-Body. There is no reason to add any points in this skill really and I removed this skill from my Skill Bar.

Sadhu feels like great utility and mobility on my Monk and I never regretted my decision. The best part, I’m having a lot of fun with this build. I probably will never take Sadhu C2 unless there really is no other option (Possession is OP but I don’t know if it scales well with my stats build without any INT investment) and I see better options like Kabbalist, Oracle and Plague Doctor anyways. Can’t wait to reach Monk C3 to give further updates, and a huge thanks to the people in this thread that helped me with my build :smile:

(Using Cafrisun Armor, Arde Dagger and Fedimian Club / Velniup / Wizard Blade)

if u want to keep ur monk part, dont go sadhu C2~
When channeling Procession, ur OOB will not attack.It will resume attacking as soon as u finished, however~It’s holy damage so it gets bonus on BOSS~With 0 int, I think u gonna get around 1k per tick~Overall 30k in 10sec…Which would be 1/3 of damage of an int sadhu~

1 Like

Thanks, that confirms I am never touching Sadhu C2. The mobility and utility of Out-of-Body is more than enough at C1 :grin:

Ktos sadhu and Itos sadhu ara different

Just to ask, how so are they different? From what I see in [ Cleric Changelog ] Cleric changes from kTOS and iTOS, the only difference has something to do with Astral Body Explosion, am I missing anything else?

I was just like you yesterday lol and i asked sadhu monk build ideas to my friends and showed them that video they said “yeah its great but Itos sadhu got nerfed while Ktos sadhu hasnt” so Itos sadhu is probably weaker in any meanings Itos and Ktos has different balances. (thats only what my friends said)

Haha, if only I could ask information from those friends, information regarding Sadhu is very lacking in the forums. So far I’m playing Cleric C2 > Priest C1 > Sadhu C1 > Monk C1 and I have no problems. I’ll go and dig around what’s the difference, thanks for the notice :slight_smile:

Join the ToS discord thingy then

From discord, I’ll stick with my build since there is nothing wrong

Another update (this feels like a journal really), I hope I don’t sound annoying posting these updates time-to-time.

Just reached Monk C2, lvl 176 and got my Energy Blast and One-Inch Punch :imp:. I still feel that Diev Monks > Sadhu Monks > Priest Monks, although Priest Monks > Sadhu Monks for support. There were a few moments where I wished my skills had less cooldown (Palm strike, One-Inch Punch, and especially Energy Blast etc) and a Diev Monk would be able to spam more, so I still feel Diev Monks are the way to go. Few things I noticed or things that other people told me I would want to clarify though:

• Your Out-of-Body spirit can use C attacks

Basically, while in Out-of-Body with a dagger, I could use dagger attacks on my spirit while the physical body doesn’t do anything. From testing it, the damage is physical-based and acts like one (it can crit), but it does not proc additional hits from equipment like Cafrisun or from skills like Sacrament. I can use dagger attacks with Out-of-Body as fast as I could with the physical body, but on mobs, the dagger attack slows down, which does not happen when I use the Out-of-Body auto attack. It was a useful gimmick for early gameplay to proc Pierce+50%, but it fell off since Out-of-Body auto attack does more damage and has more uses. Furthermore, sometimes I cannot use Dagger attacks in Out-of-Body, so I think this is a bug that will get fixed in future.

• Changing direction of Energy Blast while in Out-of-Body

Yeah, you can change the direction of Energy Blast while in Out-of-Body, graphic-wise. I tried this and while I can change the direction of my Energy Blast, the Energy Blast stops doing damage when I do so (Eg. Enemies in Right and Left direction, I shoot Energy Blast to the Right and it does damage, but no monsters received damage on the Left when I shifted it there, and I shifted it back to the Right and it still does not do damage). Moral of the story, this doesn’t work.

On a side note, I can use my Out-of-Body to auto attack while using Energy Blast.

• Mobility with Sadhus

Compared to a character who do not invest in movement speed or without tokens, you do move faster than such characters. However, compared to a token user, especially with speed buffs, your speed is barely different due to the animation needed to cast Out-of-Body and Prakriti and it feels more efficient to just run. Mounting classes are faster, no argument there. While I say that though, most of the time in dungeons where I already have Out-of-Body up and DPS-ing bosses and I notice Heal tiles are being used up, I can zoom in and move to heal players much faster than just running up to them, and I can Heal party members much than as a Priest Monk.

Basically, you probably won’t use Out-of-Body to move through dungeons, but in mobbing / bossing circumstances where you already have Out-of-Body is where Sadhu Monks shines in mobility.

• Out-of-Body | Monk skills synergy

The reason why I felt Priest Monks weren’t as useful is because from my experience, the support skills were only good theoretically (too many archers/wizards get one-shotted so I cannot use Revive) and I need to invest in Priest C3 for the buff skills to be useful (Blessing pre-kToS patch, SPR-less Stone skin, also Mass Heal which I feel is only useful at C3). Diev, Paladin and Sadhu were my options, and I mentioned before why I chose Sadhu.

With that being said, compared to my Priest Monk, I feel that I am able to do more damage as a Sadhu Monk as compared to a Priest Monk, and Sadhu Monks shine in circumstances where you are fighting mobs / bosses with Safety Zone up, or fighting physical-based bosses with abyssal accuracy (most evident in Siaulai Dungeon mission) and I could keep up Out-of-Body and Monk skills as long as drug- I mean stamina pills could take me. At some dungeon instances I get aggro from bosses even when archers and wizards are in the party, but I figure it’s due to a lack of proper equipment or crit chance, and I expect such cases to not happen in late-game. I have not tried PvP as I only intend to PvE so I cannot give any experience regarding Sadhu Monks and PvP.

With that said, I am still using Cafrisun equipment, but with Suncus Maul and Arde Dagger. Any recommendations for Armor?

1 Like

some info for u

1. if you have toy hammer, and attack with your oob-dagger, it will blow
  2. astral explosion blow away enemies who stay in safety zone
  3. try 5-10 times press very fast “attack button” (Z or C) when u activate OOB. Result: your soul start attack before reach his standart locationa fter acitvation
    (sample - if you press OOB, spirit by default going to like 5-6 meters away from you, if you start attack just after activating oob, your spirit attack stop not in 5-6 meters, but on 1-2 or 0)

Those are some mighty wall of texts, information-wise (from what information you gather) it might be better to post in the Sadhu Class Thread though, no? On documenting the 2345676543x Sadhu + Monk bugs for example (lol).

Journal-wise the entries might not be interesting for the thread, so it might be better to keep them here, but it’s clear that you’re working to get relevant information out of your own experience. So it’d be a waste if that information was just left here after you’re done with the entries.

On more info, if your post was the last of any thread and you edit it, it’ll count as a new post and be bumped up just as if you double-posted.

This actually kinda made me want to make a Sadhu>Monk. DAMN YOU

For possible reference, what’s the stat build you’re aiming for? And I assume it’s full PvM?

Is OoB worth it if you’re STR-based? I heard it’s got a bug where you can switch weapons and the autoattack dmg (regular Z) will be physical, but this is only from hearsay.

@ilovelags6 Interesting information, especially point 3. I tested it and was able to stop my Sadhu without pressing 5 - 10 times, and I think it’s more timing than spamming. Thanks for the information!

@Naivety I would, but the Sadhu Monk build is already nonsensical to most in that thread (INT and STR classes), and the thread was very lacking in information I needed, mostly people complaining about the class. Most players in that thread only see the INT classes that has synergy with Sadhu, so I doubt this thread is worth of any interest to that thread. I didn’t know about the bump thing until my last few edits and stopped editting, haha :joy:

Make a Sadhu Monk!! Jkjk, I recommend the Diev or Priest Monk, really. Going Sadhu is mostly due to preferences for me.

I only play PvE, I never touch PvP so I do not know if the build is even worth it for PvP. I went for STR:DEX:CON 1:1:1 and only put CON until 50.

To say if Out-of-Body is worth it on an STR-based build is rather subjective (especially since current INT sadhus are already complaining about Out-of-Body damage), and I don’t have the full experience to tell you if it’s worth it, so I’ll just throw out some things I know for now.

On a lvl 194 Monk with 50 stamina (70+ with good armor), I spam double punch all day and never touch Auto-Attack other than on my Out-of-Body. I gather a lot of mobs, position them in 1 direction, and deal with them with Safety Zone and Out-of-Body / Energy Blast. In Ruklys Street, un-buffed Double punch deals about 2100 x 2, and Out-of-Body deals 230 x 3. Both of them fire at about the same rate, and I feel the difference in damage between Double Punch and Out-of-Body can only get wider as I upgrade my weapon so don’t expect Out-of-Body to be worthwhile damage. Out-of-Body also deals decreased physical defense, and on bosses I was able to upkeep that debuff 100% of the time as long as my Out-of-Body is up. The debuff helps in increasing my Double Punch damage and other physical damage in parties. Double Punch + Out-of-Body can be used as long as Safety Zone is up, or a few seconds after that if you can avoid damage till then, or if you can hijack another cleric’s Safety Zone. When dealing with bosses in parties, I notice a convenience in cooldown with Safety Zone, Heal and Energy Blast / Monk skills, and I could use the skills interchangeably due to the cooldowns of the skills.

Some downsides are that this doesn’t work on ranged monsters, or monsters that moves away, and I feel Sadhu Monks are more designed for boss-killing. If Out-of-Body cannot be used, you just play as how a monk normally fights, running up to an opponent and double punching, so I don’t play any different than how a Priest Monk fights haha~ You also get hate from some players who do not get why use a Sadhu with a Monk. Hope that’s useful information if you are planning to do this.

1 Like

Hmm, I see… thanks for the info.

Is that how it is about the thread? Maybe they’re trying to play the meta too much, and would refuse to budge until shown objective data (video for examples), which is understandable…

I just dunno, -30% defense debuff’s noticeable but not that big, but the evasion buff is… huge. Would scale really well with a high DEX build, which is best done on a physical class anyway because of the crit… and then you have to have a way of dealing with magic attacks, which can be dodged with Prakriti.

Ya dig me?

Then, high DEX would make Safety Zone last MUCH longer, hits you dodge don’t count for the block count… with sufficiently high DEX and OoB, there’d be a lot of leftover points for STR/CON… and you get high crit to play with and benefit from. To be fair, this build will probably have less dmg than STR-focused in PvM, but the synergy is just too temptating. OoB seems to scale horribly with INT anyway, so there’s not much of a point in building for INT unless Sadhu has op synergy with something else or you really want Possession DPS.

What would you go for in terms of circles though? 2 on Cleric, 1 on Sadhu, 3 on Monk... what else can benefit from the crit? Smite scales far better w/ crit than Carve, and Pally1 offers some nice aoe vs Devil/Mutant in Turn Undead and Heal tiles boosting through Restoration...

There’s also the thought that One Inch Punch (which I would prefer w/o CD attribute for higher DPS) and Energy Wave both scale fairly well off of crit… Energy Wave and Double Punch are the ones that scale well off of STR…

By the way, additional info… I haven’t tested, but from others’ tests, it seems Deprotected Zone + Hand Knife makes the latter a line aoe for some reason, and it will knock up even Large monsters… sounds bad for partying for me unless you need the CC, but for solo it’d be a line aoe w/ very short cooldown assuming its aoe ratio is made infinite.

Oh my God... SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE? YOU'VE CREATED A MONSTER A THEORYCRAFTING MONSTER brb as I try to make a build idea for this...

EDIT: dreams instantly crushed, Sadhu was a rank4 class :frowning:
Priest1 would be good for this build because of Monstrance though… huge DEX buff…

EDIT2: I’m not really worrying about efficiency at all at this point, just trying to make an idea I liked viable. So don’t worry, I’m probably in the same boat as you in that regard.

The meta changes with every patch anyways, so might as well go for a build I like.

True, the defense debuff isn’t that big, but for me there weren’t any other options I liked. Making statues while double-punching seemed cumbersome, and I already tried Priest 2 and didn’t like it. I also didn’t like paladins, looked for other options and saw Sadhus as a viable way for utility and a bit of DPS. I went with STR:DEX 1:1 and I already see the evasion helping, so a high DEX build would probably be viable.

Cleric C2 Safety Zone with attributes maxed go for 40 hits, and even before I tried going Sadhu and was a priest monk with 3:1 STR:DEX, I never see the Safety Zone go out until it’s full duration. The build will probably be less damage than STR-focused builds, but the bulk of the damage comes from equipment anyways, and I am not too worried about the difference in damage if I can make whatever I lack with equipments. I am probably never touching Possession, or Sadhu C2 in general since C1 is more than enough.

Circle 2: You are stuck with Cleric, Priest and Krivis. Zaibas scales directly with INT and as monks, you won’t be that much of a support to utilize Daino, so you are stuck with Cleric and Priest unless you invest in SPR.

Circle 3: You have Bokor and Diev. Bokor is er … somewhat interesting since there is a skill for STR and Mackangdal is interesting to go for. Diev is the premier choice to go for, even C1 is good for Statue of Laima to decrease cooldown of your Monk skills.

Circle 4: You have Paladin and Sadhu. Paladins have smite, and I read about someone going Paladin and Monk, so it’s viable. I went with Sadhu because of the utility I can use, that’s all.

Yeah, the options are there for Circle 1-4, anything looks viable, really. You could even go for a funky DEX / SPR build with other classes like Krivis and Priest if you tried, though I don’t know if it’s viable.

I tested Deprotected Zone and Hand Knife and it indeed works. You have to wait for the monster to get the debuff and then use Hand Knife. Damage does not change. Hand Knife does not have a short cooldown, so you might want to get Diev C1 in. Interesting stuff though, I didn’t know about this. Thanks for the info~

1 Like

Well, it’s still a significant debuff. Would not be so if it were a flat reduction, but since it’s one of the rare %s in this game, it should be very noticeable.

I went and gathered information… the average dmg of a DEX build seems to be ~10% lower than a STR-focused one, assuming no crit increasing skills/shenanigans in particular.

also, I’m pretty sure that you can go for two circles of the same rank it’s first available in pretty easily, no? Like Priest3 + Krivis1… Krivis2 + Priest1… so Paladin and Sadhu isn’t mutually exclusive either, it’s just that there’s no room for Monk3 if going Pally1 + Sadhu1 without rank8.

Thanks for testing and you’re welcome for the info, but let me ask: once the line aoe is generated, will it hit mobs that weren’t affected by Deprotected Zone yet (that are in the line range)? Or nah?

Yeah, can’t wait for that one monster with dumb amount of Physical Defense xD.

Most players I read about went and stacked crit on STR builds and damage on DEX builds, so I figure gear will be how my build will do.

Not sure what you mean by this one though, but yeah there is not much space with 7 ranks. A very optimized build around Sadhu will probably be something like Cleric C1 Priest C1 Diev C1 (or fit in Diev C2) Sadhu C1 Monk C3 (Monstrance + Laima + Sadhu), but er … I cry at the amount of skills on my skill bar.

You only need one monster to get the debuff from Deprotected Zone and hit that chosen one with Hand Knife, and the AOE is generated, hitting anything in the linear AOE whether it is affected by the debuff or not.

[quote=“4lkruzeth, post:65, topic:289161”]
Not sure what you mean by this one though, but yeah there is not much space with 7 ranks. A very optimized build around Sadhu will probably be something like Cleric C1 Priest C1 Diev C1 (or fit in Diev C2) Sadhu C1 Monk C3 (Monstrance + Laima + Sadhu), but er … I cry at the amount of skills on my skill bar.

You only need one monster to get the debuff from Deprotected Zone and hit that chosen one with Hand Knife, and the AOE is generated, hitting anything in the linear AOE whether it is affected by the debuff or not.
[/quote]What I mean is that I’m pretty damn sure two classes of the same rank aren’t mutually exclusive o_O. So you can go for both Priest and Krivis in the same build, so long as you pick them at different times… start with Krivis then go Priest, for example.

Cleric2 is considered the bare minimum for supporting in parties (or Cler1 + Priest3). You can go Cleric1 if you’d like ofc, but then it’d be a pure solo build - not because of what is or what isn’t meta, but because you’d literally be unable to heal the party enough to stay alive - which I’m not sure is your intention.

Thanks again for the further clarification o/.

I’ve seen it mentioned that your spirit can use a dagger instead of the matk punching. Is that not true, or is that damage just lower than the normal oob damage?