Tree of Savior Forum

[Monk | Sadhu] Build synergy

Hi,

I am a Cleric C2 > Priest C2 > Monk C1 and interested in rerolling a Sadhu Monk build for solo play and I want to ask if this build is viable (not optimal, I know there are better options).

Cleric C3 > Sadhu C1 > Monk C3

With the kToS update on Priest’s Blessing scaling with INT and SPR (yeah kToS patch may not come to iToS but …), I’m feeling that instead of an optimal build and feeling like deleting it when an update comes and flip things over, making a build I know I can have fun with would be much better. Taking reference from a video:

A Sadhu Monk can debuff opponents with Out-Of-Body while attacking with Monk skills, and I find this gameplay appealing, although I am not following the build this video is using (Cleric C1 > Priest C2 > Sadhu C1 > Monk C2 > Plague Doctor C1). Will probably be relying on Magic damage from Blunt weapons if I am using this build.

I am sure there are better options for Monks, but I just want to know if this build can do proper or somewhat comparable damage as compared to other monk builds. I never played a Sadhu class before so I need tips on this too.

(Stats-wise I am probably taking STR:DEX:CON 3:1:1 or 2:1:1 and capping DEX and CON at 100 and 75 respectively)

EDIT: Going for Cleric C2 > Priest C1 > Sadhu C1 > Monk C3 instead.

2 Likes

c1 sadhu isnt good for monk (except for pvp), c1 sadhu isnt good at all imo.

with the debuff attribute, it ill be really clumpy as it is with every time u use oob.

Thanks for the reply, care to explain in detail what you mean by

• Sadhu not being good except for PvP?
  • Sadhu being clumpy?

I do understand both classes are different (STR and INT based) and I do not mind that, but I’ve only observed Sadhus from videos and have never played the class before. If you could share your experiences with the class it’ll be very helpful :slight_smile:

I suggest you just make an alt and level up to C2 Sadhu yourself and see if you would want it with a monk at R5-7.

I only plan on using Sadhu C1 but yeah, I’ll test this myself while waiting.

Still going to ask around if anyone has experience using a Sadhu though :grin:

For the moment, the only useful thing from Sadhu is Possession from C2…
Anything else were just for fun~
Going Sadhu+Monk means u r paring an int based class with a str based class…And u should have known the conflict between them now~

2 Likes

True, this build is just for fun, I think anyone would think so the moment they see a Cleric C3~

Reading around the forums I noticed that most of a character’s damage comes from equipment and less on stats, and for that reason I will be using maces which has Physical and Magic attack. Is Possession that great of a skill?

its good for pvp for monks, ABE you can use to knock enemies into you, so then you can use palm strike, then hand knife, then one inch punch, its like a gap closer for pvp.

OOB is really clumpy, if u get hit you get knocked out (which happens way more than you think. and tryign to use more than 1 skill while in oob
… now think of that with melee. to even use the combo u have to put up safety zone, then you start (so every 50 seconds u can do this) but it wouldnt be good in pve bcuz double punch will kill it way faster than oob+double punch

if u actualy wont to play a monk and a sadhu i recoomend using 2 chars

Cleric2>Krivis/Bokor>Sadhuc2>Druid/Krivis2/bokor2>druid2/pd/kabb
Cleric2>diev2>monk3

sadhu relies heavily on int and mnk relies on str/dex, so on this build you will be focusing on 4 different stats, and they will all be low due to u dividing them.

possession is an AMAZING skill, i outdps ppl in my dungeon parties around 90% of the time.

Thanks for the reply!

I plan to fully invest on the STR portion and use OoB for Defense Debuff and some side damage, but that part about Possession sounds tempting …

possession is the main reason people go sadhu, its super good.

Just to ask, what does Possession do? I can’t seem to find videos of Sadhus nor does the video on ToSbase help on explaining what it really does (lack of information, Sadhus are really rare). On a side note, how is the damage of attacking with Out of Body calculated?

Possession can actually bring down a few dungeon mobs altogether within 10 sec~But only viable when safety zone is up~So even it has a relatively short CD, it still locked up by the long CD of safety zone~

The true good thing it does is halt the movement of mobs it caught~It doesnt prevent attacking, but due to the design of AI, mobs that caught by this skill tent to stop doing anything~The trade off is u cant do anything either when channeling it~

Thanks for the information~

I’m hell bent on making a Sadhu Monk since none of the other classes really interest me, that’s one skill I can see going for in future even if I don’t have any INT invested.

I guess I just go with what classes I find more fun, even if they aren’t the best match.

super good, i can solo dungeons (that are my level) with only using this and heal. (and zombies)
do u see that? 3k damage per tick at lvl 141

1 Like

Helps a lot that you have a video about the skill, nice!

The damage of OOB still a mystery~
My educated guess is 50% MATK X 3, with a total of 150% MATK per attack~

I leveling a Sadhu>Monk similar to yours but with Priest 2 instead of Cleric 3, however since I read the patch notes about Priest’s Blessing scaling with Int/Spr now I’m thinking on re-rolling this characther.

I really liked the Sadhu mechanics combining with Monk Skills but like you said it isn’t optimal, on the other hand there isn’t to many good options for the first 4 ranks on a Monk build since everything scales with Int. Probably Cleric 2 is a must, the other 2 ranks is up to you (Krivis, Bokor, Diev… Don’t think there will be more Priest Monk after this change).

Pretty sure Diev is the best option now but I never played this class and I don’t know if I would like its playstyle. Someone with more experience can confirm Diev would be better for PvE/PvP?

If you really want go for Sadhu, you can go for Cleric 2 > Priest > Sadhu instead of Cleric 3. With Priest you can get Monstrance and Ressurection.
Hope I helped with something haha’ Cya!

Darn you got me there, I completely forgot about Priest’s Monstrance skill. How did you place your stats on your Sadhu Monk? Monstrance may not really benefit my build much (more STR focused than DEX) but maybe it helped more on your build?

I was going for 2:1 - Dex:Str with at least 100 Con. Monstrance gives a % buff on Dex so I think it should be good on a Str>Dex build too and you will have Ressurection lvl 5. My opnion is that would be better than Cleric 3.