Tree of Savior Forum

[Monk | Sadhu] Build synergy

Yeah I can see that. Aspersion is meh, Monstrance 1 point, 5 points in Resurrection for those party members that scream why no resurrect, and split the remaining points in Aspersion, Monstrance or Blessing.

Yep, something like that. I’m just not to sure if I will reroll for Sadhu>Monk again but with Cleric 2 or a safer build with Diev>Monk to try new things haha’

When you get there send us some videos to show the power of this build =D

When I get there that is~

Just read around about stats for monks, since Monstrance from priest would help DEX greatly, especially since Sadhu Out Of Body Evasion attribute, would a build of STR:DEX of 1:1 or 3:2 with 75 CON best utilize Monstrance?

Str scale much better than Dex, but personally, I prefer Dex>Str builds and with high Dex, higher is the bonus from Monstrance and OoB.
So I would go with 3:2 - Dex:Str with 75~100 Con, but from what I read, almost every Monk says that 150 Dex is enough.

Your call now, but you can search a little more about this since I didn’t get to lvl 250+ with any character yet so I might be wrong.

I guess STR:DEX of 1:1 would be a safe bet for now. One more question, do attacks from Out of Body crit?

no, its a magic attack, if it crit and the crit chance was based on int, i wpuld be the best player in the game xD

Haha~
Thanks for the info!

You know, sadhu-monk would probably be pretty solid in pvp.
Prakriti is cleric’s only movement skill, right? Being able to teleport to someone would make monk a lot more viable.

Not sure how you’d build the stats…
How about:
cleric2-bokor-sadhu1-monk2-kabbalist, building high con/spr? Not even bother with the damage stats since you’re so split up. With a comically high hp pool and healing, and good CC resist from spr you’d be incredibly annoying in a team’s back lines.

I’m building on STR:DEX 1:1 and putting points in CON until 50 - 75, and in the end I want to main a Monk, so I probably won’t be ging Kabbalist and Bokor, I guess.

Nope worst pick imo only decent in PVE and horrible in PVP nothing special.Prakriti has a delay and then comes your Monk skills that also has a delay your target will be long gone before you land anything on them in PVP.

Look at Prakriti skill delay when you reunite your your body with your soul and the delay of a Monk skill.The only way you can land it on someone is if they stand still.

For PVE is alright but not the best choice though.The new blessing in Ktos scales off INT and SPR so your going to have to put points in DEX STR INT SPR and CON LMAO good luck with that.

But hey your build and if your doing it for fun then go for it but right now Sadhu and Monk doesn’t have synergy imo,maybe one day who knows with the patches you never know.Just don’t regret like most people in the forums that are asking for a rank reset because of a poor job advancement decision.

The Sadhu into Monk build should only work with Diev class 1. The build should be compare with Cleric 2 > Diev 2 > Monk 3 which is one of the best Monk Dps at the moment because Statue of Goddess Laima reduce cooldown of Energy Blast and Owls add more damage.

The Sadhu Monk build, you give up lv. 5 Owls and World tree but you get 4 things. OoB can AA while your body do Monk skills and attribute reduce 30% P.Def on Mobs, Prakriti can move you around without using stamina and heal a bit. Astral Body Explosion can use as one of CC knock down. Vashita Siddhi’s confuse attribute is soft CC.

@Loztchild True, I’m using a Sadhu Monk just because I find it fun and I already have a Diev-Druid, not going to make another Diev nor going to be a PvP or PvE god with it. I’m planning to only add STR, DEX and CON. Besides, Monks are decent at best as a DPS.

Already regretted too many class choices (Ranger C3 getting nerfed when I was making one for SR, then that subsequent Quarrel Shooter - SR nerf with Running shot and Retreat Shot etc), so this time I’m choosing a build I like and maximizing it from there instead of going for a build that can become useless at a patch update’s notice. Thanks for the tip about Prakriti :slight_smile:

@e_piyachai Ooh nice, I didn’t know about Vashita Siddhi’s confuse attribute. Thanks for the info!

Cler3-Sadhu2-Monk2? Cuz why not. Gapclosing is good synergy alone. Priest1 possibly for solo or to be helpful in PvE parties (aspersion > more heals, res for utility, monstrance, some bless).

Just to ask, anyone knows the following?:

• How much does Monstrance boost DEX? (I heard its somewhere at 30%)
  • What and How does Guardiant Saint work?
    Kinda interested since I read patch notes on kToS on forums on the following and I would probably benefit from the Stamina Recovery:

Guardian Saint

19/05/2016 kTOS
For the Duration of the skill, Stamina recovery & SP regeneration will be increased.

Dont let the % fool u~Aspersion does nothing unless u r going for Chaplain~

@4lkruzeth I was discussing about Sadhu>Monk with Loztchild on another topic but we end up not agreeing with much thing haha’ However I respect his opinion just like he respects mine =D

Again, I can’t deny that Diev>Monk should be the best/safer option but imo a Sadhu>Monk build, with Cleric 2 > Rank3, is the second best right now.

Sadhu brings some really nice buffs/debuff for Monk (Evasion + Def Decrease). Combining with the Monk’s changes that will come in the same patch as this Blessing “rework” it will be a really good def decrease debuff, specially on PvE content.
PS: In case you didn’t read the patch notes, both Double Punch and God Finger Flick will have a buff that increase the damage of all strike type skills.

About Pakriti little delay, I’m pretty sure that still better to use it than running out of your Safety Zone haha’ And you have Astral Body Explosion to try to knock down some enemies and bring then to you.

Last thing, you don’t have to invest one single point on Int just because of Sadhu. As you can see on the video you sent, he can do a significant amount of damage just with the weapon(450~500), I saw some full Int Sadhu build videos and the damage wasn’t that great (1000~1200), and in the end you just picked Sadhu for the buffs/debuffs/“mobility” and not the damage.

Nice~
I didn’t pick Diev since I already have a Diev, I get where players are coming from with picking Diev for the cooldown reduction but it doesn’t feel comfortable / fun to be making statues while punching away and Sadhu feels like the best option for me.

Just to ask, what classes do you run on your Sadhu Monk? The advice above got me pondering over taking …

Cleric C3 for more heals, safety zone, more divine might (haha) and Guardian Saint (I only just heard it got buffed to give SP and Stamina Regen),

or

Priest C1 for the Monstrance (I don’t know how much it increases DEX, but I heard it’s 30%, not sure though), a Resurrect for the whiny party member, Blessing that probably falls off later and Aspersion.

Did some testing with my previous monk and another monk,
67 -> 97 DEX
70 -> 101 DEX

It’s either

1. DEX = DEX * 1.4~1.45
  2. Simply adding 30 DEX
  3. DEX = (DEX * 1.3) + 10

Is it possible for anyone to try Monstrance and confirm which one is the correct scaling for DEX? Just want some updated information so I know Priest C1 is worthwhile.

EDIT: Confirmed its 3)

My build right now is Cleric 1 > Priest 2 > Sadhu 1 > Monk 3 but I’m planning on rerolling this character for Cleric 2 > Priest 1 > Sadhu 1> Monk 3.

I prefer the Priest 1 over the Cleric 3. Higher lvl on Heal is always good and Divine Might may come in hand. 10 more hits on Safety Zone isn’t that great since it have only 20 seconds duration and Guardian Saint is kinda meh… haha’

1 Like

Hi,

On a side note, does Krivis C1 give better synergy than Priest C1?
(Looking at Zalciai and Monstrance)

EDIT: On more research, I guess not.