Tree of Savior Forum

March 28, Get Your Firecrackers!

Yes, exactly. I said it earlier: I could understand if they were cosmetics, but they are applying a time bomb even to hanaming’s poo nowadays.

5 Likes

Then I think you really got the commentary wrong since it seems to be more ample and just talking about how people are complaining “firecrackers are the event? there’s no big thing?” instead of the 1-day duration.

The limited rewards are another issue which I don’t like too. But I’d feel better complaining clearly about that in a proper way instead of using other’s person words that aren’t even related to try to complain about it.

Also, I have my opinion, even not liking it, that X days-limited rewards can be valid under certain scenarios, given that the events are good and more common. For example, if they plan on giving Stat Reset potions each X months, it will be better to give them with 14/30-days tag than to fill everyone’s Storage with 50 free Stat Reset potions. BUT that’s assuming only some of these applications and that you can get it on characters that actually need them, so there’s no people here and there hoarding reset potions for the life over and over. But I don’t even know if IMC will follow such a thing of giving what players asks (more Stat/Rank/Skill resets) over time, so, I can’t really say anything about this.

I honestly don’t like Gem Abrasvies and every stuff being tagged 14-days or “time bombs” but I do think that they can be valid for some. For example, I also hate them on Dungeon Resets but since they’re giving Dungeon Resets frequently and it’s a “hoardable” resource, I think it may be valid for it. But on the other hand I love saving event and rare/limited items/stuff and I feel bad when everything just “explodes” after 14 days, such as the event goddess statues.

The way the anniversary is being marketed is beyond ridiculous, given it’s one of the most important events in a game.

People have every right to complain about it, since the only reward presented is a time bombed firecracker triplet.

Like someone else said, I would be ashamed to tell to friends that quit “hey, come back for the anniversary, they give firecrackers”.

So, either way you look at it, any complaint would be right for this event, dissing unhappy people with childish (wrong) examples (for what?) isn’t helping anyone.

6 Likes

Agree with everything.

Up to here. The example was clearly not related to firecrackers being limited. Also the post was assuming that firecrackers aren’t the whole thing. Just wait the event happen, then we can complain about concrete things.

That’s what I can understand.

And I also understands that post like this: We’re complaining with the assumption that there’s nothing else (right! Since there’s no info about a real event, but that’s another issue: communication).

And suggesting that we don’t expect much otherwise we’ll be crying like kids who wanted the latest and greatest Event but got a “just good” one that ended up being classified as bad because our expectations.

What isn’t really helping anyone is meme’ing things making other people understands things in totally weird way and making all real and valid problems into something like spectacular world-breaking problems that will extinguish human life in the Earth. Criticizing one thing is fine, but going too far just makes it harder for everyone and pointless in the end (unless you want to brag later with things such as “I said it would be bad things, I was right! hahaha”).

I understood Kaylee’s post and I read all his posts. What he did was dissing people with “complain about free stuff”, “kids that didn’t get what they wanted”, “quit” and so on.

He fails to understand that an anniversary is an important event for a game, it brings people back and one thing that helps is how the event is perceived by the players because they will ultimately “spread the word”.

If players are complaining about it, he can’t go and assume it will be better so they are wrong complaining about it.

In other words, if I say I’ll gift a piece of explosive poo to everyone that comes to my party, I can’t expect people to be happy and say good things about it just because it’s free.

If he’s the one from my same server, he should know that it is basically dead (yesterday they were literally begging people to queue for 5v5), telling people to “quit” or calling them kids instead of sympathizing with them when such a big event is ridiculously marketed isn’t something I could call “helpful”.

7 Likes

He does not fails to understand it. He just posted his opinion about it. To be fair, I agree with him. There’s just a clash of points of view here, nothing more.

Also, in the same way you can’t go and assume one’s opinion about “this might not just be the entire event” as wrong. Just point of views again…

Anyone knows that an anniversary event should be “the good event” but anyone can simply don’t care that much. You don’t need to say that you care and “the event must be the greatest event” if you simply don’t care.

And if I simply don’t care will you condemn me and ignore everything that I say even tho parts of it will make sense to you?

Now, here is what I already said. Feedback is good, complaining is good, but when gone too far it isn’t helpful. If all you’re doing is expanding a big and real problem into an world-level disaster or into a “meme rain of chaos” it also isn’t helpful.

And talking about of point of views, we’re discussing points of views of someone else with our points of views instead of discussing constructive things, rofl.

I’m talking about someone telling people to “quit”. How’s that constructive?

5 Likes

You do realize that his post was an answer to a person who does some doom posting which is kinda telling people to quit, right?

You do realize that marketing an event that should bring players back this way is kinda telling “quit already, there’s no hope”?

I don’t know if you ever owned a company, but I would fire whoever presented me a marketing campaign like this.

5 Likes

I do. I find that a great problem. But a communication problem. Or maybe an even bigger problem (if there’s no event or a bad event).

But I as myself, as costumer hold the right to not care about it and don’t expect greats things. As well to surprise myself when there’s a good event or it is done in a great way.

And I don’t own a company nor wants to for now, I’m not fit for it and prolly needs to get used to a lot of things to be able to. All opinion that I can give is from experience of a mere mortal of the commoner’s day to day live.

Longest fight (1 hour) : LunarRabbit VS TheAlleyCats

9 Likes

It’s pretty clear what IMC was thinking. There’s two good events going on, and a large, much needed, well received maintenance recently. The thinking was a quick, fun event, not really one to regain players or make the headlines of gaming news. Just some EXP, some firecrackers, some fun, that was it. It’s not them necessarily being lazy, it’s them delivering a bunch of decent content in the past few weeks. It’s still disappointing there isn’t a huge celebration event, where Mr Kim comes out and thanks the players and we get to eat cake with the GM’s though.

I understand the player outrage at it. Part of the problem with events/content like this, is IMC walks on thin ice. If the past year was great, there was a growing or steady population, and it was all cheers, then a mediocre one year anniversary event would have been shrugged off, or if it wasn’t, those disgruntled players would have been smaller in size. The last year has been bad, and although recently things have begun to look up, IMC still doesn’t have the “credit” to deliver any bad or average content.

For some suggestions on the event, give out some reset vouchers, maybe an instance clear one, some EXP tomes, enchant scrolls, a hair costume, maybe some free TP and other premium items. Have the GM’s hang out in town as long as they are able, and make a heartfelt thank you post, here on the forums, (I also recommend some hints at future content, even if it’s only balancing, bonus points for timeline.) This all seems like a practical way to improve the event, and if nothing else is really planned, something they could do last minute.

4 Likes

You have every right to not care about it and no one should tell you to care (and no one is really asking you to).

On the other hand, “you” feel in the position to tell people disappointed by the way the event is presented (because we are talking about what we know, not assumptions on what it could be) to “quit” or calling them names because they don’t share your same point of view and express their frustration with memes or whatever.

At the end of the day, like you admitted, the problem is how the event has been advertised, so it’s IMC fault.

5 Likes

And that’s what infuriated me more. The game is losing people everyday, it takes more time to find players for an instance than to complete it, the increased range (40 levels) didn’t help much and they are so shortsighted to not use an anniversary event to bring people back?

5 Likes

That was my point with the all the other content that was released, it’s been a good few weeks and with any other Developer this would be a non-issue, that’s probably what IMC was thinking. I do sympathise with that line of thinking, even if I disagree with it. (This is assuming there isn’t more to come from the event.)

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is where the rub comes. IMC didn’t even say anything in stone about something more planned to complement the event just this:

Then out of the blue a bunch of people literally jumped in front of them like a human shield to defend them saying they had that planned from the start in some genius mega event. I think that’s a little bit crazy and like when someone’s friend does something stupid or wrong their friends will come out to defend them even if it isn’t right.

That is my gripe. No other company does this stuff when their game is horribly broken to the point a Staff has to come out and ask which bugs to fix first because there’s so many piled up. They continuously do these things which are slaps in the face to their players then there’s -always- a crew of people jumping to their aid so they don’t have any PR backlash and just let it slide. If you look at every old post with huge problems they never respond back and just let other players do the defense for them.

And this is all aside from the 14 day expiration thing or the rewards itself which is a whole other problem in itself. That is the whole other can of worms where you could suggest a fitting thing to hand out and they would “consider” it likely never doing exactly what you said in spite because that makes them look bad. That’s my other gripe being “open” to suggestions yet never actually taking them then trying something different which ultimately usually fails.

5 Likes

It’s not a bunch of people. It’s just no one is defending IMC that way.

I ask you, can you quote any post in this thread where someone is really defending IMC and saying that there are surely some event to come? I made sure to take a look again in the entire thread and didn’t notice a single post that way.

Aren’t the “doom/etc knights” behaving the exactly way they think “white knights” are? Aren’t people attacking each other for not even a concrete thing to talk about?

Its like that everyday. Some of them call others “delusional” and add a comment or action amplified 3000 times to fit their twisted mindset.

This event is trash for an anniversary event. Every single person i know and we’ve mentioned this topic agrees on that.

But this doom/hue/whateverKnights just keep creating their fake Whiteknights enemies on their heads, sorry to inform you: There is no such thing as a whiteknight on any tos community i’m actively participating. Everyone bashes and comments on IMC decision making every week. We just don’t go and make a fuss and spam threads over threads in some weird way to get attention.

3 Likes

Pretty sure these posts are in their defense implying that people are complainers and that they will have more to come. I mean you could just scroll up and read this stuff? If everyone agreed then why would someone come out and make posts like that? There’s no logical reason to go out of your way and say all these things about waiting for their next move or people are complainers if you’re not jesting at their defense. It makes no sense until you look at the mob mentality going on here with other posts surrounding it.

What’s even more funny is you and everybody keep using the derogatory forum terms saying I said:

So don’t even bring the false evidence trying to lead the witness’ into my court here.

4 Likes