Tree of Savior Forum

March 28, Get Your Firecrackers!

I am waiting for the day I can tell all my friends this game is not buggy and the management here is actually being open on their policy and plans then actually do it. This whole cracker thing is not helping their cause here and seriously when you have to compare it to other games your whole point just fails to hit home with anyone whose sane.

That is why the complaints. Anyone who complains about getting actual good things is an idiot and should be ignored. Not the starving children that are literally happy about crackers with a chance to win a free 14 day buffet later.

Does this make sense now? They need to get serious about this stuff especially public image wise. People are not going to switch from their comfy homes into IMC’s shady cracker shack.

4 Likes

It’s not so much the items that people are complaining about but rather the way they are presented. It’s like “here’s this super awesome six scoop ice cream cone, you get thirty seconds to finish it or it goes in the trash.” That kind of presentation isn’t going to make very many people happy. I wouldn’t mind it just being the fire crackers if… oh I don’t know they weren’t timed for 24 hours? This is why it’s more common to see things like a week long celebration with several different things players can do. There are going to be quite a few players who won’t even get to take advantage of this. There are several other criticisms I could make but what’s the point? It’s nice they remembered, yes. It’s like a present from the Dursleys.

6 Likes

Nothing is free, and free doesn’t mean good.

The people who put time and effort into this game only to be let down again and again with every underwhelming event, every shitty update, every broken promise, every new bug - they’re already invested heavily (opportunity cost) into the game, it’s not ‘free’ even if they pay nothing because they could’ve done something else with their time. If I could pay to make ToS a better game I would.

This event isn’t a big deal, sure, but as soon as I heard about it I knew what the community response would be - IMC apparently didn’t, which again shows how out of touch they are. Because it’s not a one-off thing, it’s just one disappointment piled up on all the rest. When people feel like they’ve been getting shafted again and again, eventually every little thing will set them off.

Sure if you look at this one isolated thing and the response to it, it might seem like making a mountain out of a mole hill - but in reality it’s people responding to the bigger picture. The fact that it’s the one-year anniversary event really just wraps it up in an ironic little boy of having us all look back at IMC’s year of mistakes and how well this ‘celebration’ represents it.

5 Likes

This is a game not real life. It’s true some parents cant afford to give their child an iphone but is the logic same for a virtual iphone? IMC can create whatever they want in a vacuum as long as they move. I agree we should wait. But people dont want that “imagination”

3 Likes

First of if the game is as underwhelming as some people seem to experience it, then it would be the smart choice to just quit.

Then there is the fact that a lot of people dont even play the game anymore and just come here for the sake of complaining.

And the last point and in my opinion the most important point is the fact that we dont even know if thats all… Like I did before I can just refer to the Level Up event, everyone was complaining like hell about it, then people figured out the mechanic wasnt the one they thught and suddenly it was fine again.

This could be the same case here.

IMC screwed up a lot of stuff in the last year, I was close to quitting myself but that does not mean ( and thats exactly what most of the people in the forum suggest) that everything that IMC does sucks.
Yeah sure we get 1 more bug for every fix we get and sometimes we get bugs without fixes at all.
But it honestly doesnt help the situation to just badmouth everything, immediatly before you know if thats really the case.

They usually announce the events with the patch so there is the possibility that they wanted to announce the anniversary early with some info and the main thing comes later or maybe thats all we will ever get.
If thats the case and thats all we get people can start complaining but till then its just like the temper tantrum kids in the candy aisle… hoping to get something better by beeing nasty.

And even if people would have asked if thats all and that they might have expected more, that would have been a different story but it went from announcement down the drain in a blink.

I know that this forum tends to have a more toxic enviroment but its just stupid in my opinion.

1 Like

Again, terrible PR. If I could immediately predict what the response would be to this, IMC should’ve been able to as well. They don’t have their finger on the pulse of the community, though. Someone at IMC is paid to do this kind of thing, and they’re failing at it.

9 Likes

Maybe people quit more because of that “you should quit” attitude rather than opposite of people expecting more from such a mysterious game company that has provided absolutely nothing for the past year. If they wanted to announce the anniversary usually you know…you would do it in advanced like months or weeks after and not the day of said time?

Nobody is throwing tantrums other than people like you who insist all is fine and dandy meanwhile everyone else is just freaking disappointed for good reason. This is what I don’t understand the game could be down to the last 10 to 100 people and they will be like “well the game is fine and IMC tries to hard but yet everyone is toxic and I don’t understand why they just don’t quit instead of posting their stupid opinions on the forums.”

How is the Staff and management supposed to know that things are -not- alright if nobody says something and just go along with every little bad thing they do like sheep? Don’t you think that’s pretty stupid?

5 Likes

Not everyone who doesnt preaches armageddon thinks all is peachy :wink:
Like I said in the post you replied to, there are a lot of skrew ups and a lot of things that need fixes.

If people would complain about bugged quests, walls not beeing invisible if you are standing behind them, missing endgame content, unbalanced classes, thats the stuff that’s worth complaining. But losing their ■■■■ over unrelevantt things like firecrackers or not thats questionable.

From what I experienced you always get the better results if you point out mistakes without offending the other party. Also, I’m certain they could have announced that everyone gets a penguin or unlimited dungeon entries for the day and it would have been the exact same thread.

But yeah not going to persue this discussion an longer cause I dont think we will ever agree on this topic.
Because I’m more the “Wait till you see whats really happening before I predict Armageddon” kinda person. And I just have a general problem with people just badmouthing everything without knowing whats going to come or not come. So focused on pointing out all the flaws that they dont see the small improvements.

2 Likes

Do you honestly think that its okay to have such an underwhelming and poorly thought out one year anniversary? I play this game nearly every day and criticize this game pretty fairly and defend it when its rightfully due, but this… this is just depressing.

IMC should care more about this event than the player base, and there is pretty much nothing to say about this event that should mark an important date for everyone.

If I went to some of my friends who don’t play Tree of Savior or stopped playing many months ago and told them ‘Hey you should try out Tree of Savior, they’re having a one year anniversary event and they’re giving out THREE FIRECRACKERS’, They would probably laugh.

Sigh. (。•́︿•̀。)

8 Likes

From my experience if someone tells you what is wrong and how exactly to fix it usually you should follow the advice instead of being a stubborn idiot that continuously digs the hole deeper. At some point you will come to the conclusion that what you were doing was absolutely wrong and what was being said right. You can shift blame all you want to anything or nothing but at the end of the day the actions taken prove everything.

So I also agree to disagree here but now is the time for them to show their worth after all the procrastination or hesitation making excuses like what people are saying deters them from doing the right thing. When it’s clear as day they didn’t prepare for this and banking on people like you to come and defend them because that’s what people have been doing for the past year enabling these things.

I will sit here and wait until that day they actually fix things and provide proper structure actually listening to advice from players who know exactly what they want and only just want to play the game. There’s plenty of others doing the same thing waiting for them to get their act together.

If they don’t want people to bad mouth them maybe they shouldn’t make problems in the first place then allow said problems to persist for long periods of time? It’s really not a hard concept to understand or the reasoning why so many people are disgruntled not over the event but the progress this company has made going backwards not forwards.

5 Likes

@STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Letitia it would be nice if we could get more Awakening Stones. More people are getting the Lv.315 weapons now with the DPK change, I think it would be a nice reward for some event.

The biggest joke here is how ppl whiteknight this after experiencing what that has happened since the launch! Nice way to thank those who stayed despite all the fluff

4 Likes

pĂ´!, se ta me tirando nĂŠ? fogos de artificio???!! e ainda 1??? repensem sobre isso ai, ĂŠ uma data especial, precisaria de algo especial, no minimo um hat permanente!

Wall of text, read at your own risk.

Since “white knight” term ended up in this conversation and people call me that a lot. I kinda want to comment about this a bit. I liked one expression you used.

@ophiuchu, I’m borrowing some of your words here: “Nobody is throwing tantrums” - Throwing tantrums… that’s a good way to define what I see when people are “doom posting”, not going into details, but, everyone does “doom posting” and it’s healthy to a certain extent. I totally agree with you, it shows that there are wrong things but there are limits to everything.

There’s a difference in point of views. Maybe we could name things, like, the optimistic person, the utopic person, the “ultimate relalistic person”, people who hope things go better, people who hope the game just dies for whatever reason. All of these goes back to difference of opinions and point of view.

The “ultimate realistic people” are right “X thing never happened, it still won’t happen” and it’s true, it applies to most of things in the world. The others are still right, things change, although a bit rarer compared to how things tends to keep the same way over ages. It’s again a matter of opinion.

I am pretty sure that everyone thinks that this isn’t and will never be a proper way to make a anniversary event. There’s no one here saying “IMC is right on putting up this great event, there’s nothing wrong with it”.

Going back to why I liked the term “throwing tantrums” here on forums. I honestly thinks that fights, memes and other stuff mostly shadows real problems than help in the same way that blindly defending one side or another does.

What happens here when one slightly things gets in the way between two people that agree on the same issue but have different opinions on a small detail?

When one says “hey, even if there are 1000 errors with IMC, could you stop doing a fuzz over it and stop spamming the same thing in each topic there’s a bug?”

Just let me be blunt, if one isn’t spamming doom posting and all such it is because we don’t have insanely big expectations, just like you. It gets to a point it makes me think that some “doom posters” and all such have greater expectations than “white knights” - that just wants a better environment and civilized talk instead of memes/groups attacks towards IMC/bugs/issues etc.

It honestly confuses me how when poeple do agree that firecrackers are bad… then one side have different point of view and both starts talking… then there’s a different detail and suddenly the person (who thinks the event is bad) is defending IMC and saying the event in great… But all that this same person says is that “there could be this X or Y thing together with firecrackers, they might be something for fun along with another event, if not, that’s just bad”.

In my opinion it ends up with a lot (including me) simply and really throwing tantrums at each other.

Reality: Everyone agreed on the same thing but had different opinions over it.

What “one side thinks”: You’re the one wrong/throwing tantrum. Just act in a civilized way and post something serious.
The “other side thinks”: No, you’re the one wrong/throwing tantrum. Because you don’t insult IMC and don’t spam their problems 24/7 on every ■■■■■■■ thread.

Situation: “ToF”, “ToSb”, “knights” here and there, lot of locked/invisible posts, lot of good ideas buried in spam and fights. Memes over bugs.

Result: Lot of feedback (positive, negative and neutral?) just get turned into memes/fights that no one wants to read. That’s excluding when even the feedback itself is a meme spam.

Good ideas are lost and we don’t get any step near what we both want: a better game. Because everyone agrees with the same thing too: the game isn’t great and have a lot of issues and IMC handles it bad.

How is it ■■■■■■■ hard for people to simply agree on same points and accept the others where they differ. Most of time we’re not even answering to what the person wanted to say and/or linking into non-related stuff to try to invalidate the other’s post.

And again, how is some random player even supposed to answer what IMC/Staff thinks about? We’re limited to our own limited vision. IMC and ToS seems to have ton of problems, that seems to be true. We expect that IMC handles things bad but that ends here, it is true for most of time? Yes. We complain about it? Yes.

Nobody is praising IMC for errors saying they’re good things. All we want to do is to complain about concrete stuff with concrete stuff. How hard this simple thing can be?

Complementing the wall of text and as well servers as tl;dr.

Someone linked me this page other day:
https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxmasterrace/comments/5pubmn/why_is_systemd_so_bad/

It honestly feels that the same happens to ToS.

A LOT of complains are just repeated memes increasing in occurrence (and they are based on real problems) and very few are actually proper complains/feedback/reports.

Just think about if people in real life went to streets to protest about something only holding flags with twitch memes and hashtags without even knowing their context nor letting the government or whatever know about the context nor having well defined of what actually are the complaints.

@topic:
@STAFF_Letitia I might be wrong. But I’ll assume that IMC have one event coming (be it good or bad). If you’re confident that the event will be good, it would be way better to say there’s some surprise on March 28 to keep people curious than keeping it in silence if there’s something.

Giving a bad invitation can actually make people don’t go to your party even if it will be good. But a good invitation will cause interest even on people who weren’t planning to commemorate in the first place.

It really makes more difference to communicate more with players and all these posts here could be discussions on “what will we have in March 28?”, or maybe there would be a lot of early doom posts predicting stuff. Who knows.

But just giving a hint that there will be actually something good coming would have made a lot more of difference for the next maintenance and for a lot of others in the past >.<

1 Like

I believe they won’t tell us is because they realize that they horribly mess up and trying to figure out something for Tuesday or for the follow week after.

They read this thread also many and notice how ridiculous they look by giving us this silly event that last 24 hours and a limit of 3 firecrackers!To be honest any events IMC have give us thus far is better than the 1 year anniversary lol.

If their intention was to give us more they would of said it long ago before the backlash.You saw how the Hunting Grounds,Rank Reset,Hethran badges , and others were announce like about 2-4 weeks before the actual release.

They got nothing and right now they are scrambling something up quick!And 100% guaranty you it WILL BE SOMETHING IN THE GACHA OR ON THE TP SHOP for us to waste money on.

Remember is their 1 year anniversary not ours!

5 Likes

And if they managed to change plans and follow up with something better white knights will claim IMC planned it all along and we are all overreacting :smile:

6 Likes

Nope, your example is wrong. It’s like getting a toy IPhone with a real battery that explodes after 1 day.

The game doesn’t need surprises, it needs players. Like I said in another post, a normal game would “show off” an event like the first anniversary to entice players that quit to come back.

Even if they change plans at the last minute, how many players will come back if the anniversary “campaign” is all about 3 firecrackers?

6 Likes

I disagree with you here. It wasn’t even one example about the game or stuff. It was comparing to how people are reacting as far I can understand that post.

Even if you apply the example at ToS. It would be more like pre-ordering an IPhone during it’s development state and complain the box used for prototype design was bad before the final release.

BUT that would be a good feedback, right? Unless you turn it into a meme. Or some comments like “the box sucks like everything, I bet the phone is worse than the last one”, “that brand never does things right, look at that ugly box, ugh”. Isn’t it just better to give “constructive negative feedback” instead of this?

I totally agree here, good communication brings better results.

It could be and it could not be. Now tell me, is there a way you or anyone here would know? If someone says you were overreacting, there’s a reason for that.

In the worst of situations if you assume there was no event but then came up with any after all this feedback, I’d rather take a good event added in the last second than nothing or a bad event.

Not defending IMC or anything. But if they really bring some good event I’d take it openly. If not, you’ll see a lot of people complaining here and there, even the ones you call “white knights”.

Isn’t what you said exactly your own point of view and what other thinks their own point of view. Aren’t we agreeing on the same thing that firecrackers are bad if that’s the only thing about the anniversary? So, why are you pulling a meme fight that didn’t even happen yet in the first place? How is it that hard to talk concrete stuff about concrete stuff instead of throwing tantrum and memes around?

I know it was about how people are reacting, but the object of the complaint presented by Kaylee was simply wrong.

I think that many players are more bothered with these “time bomb” items than of the items themselves.

5 Likes

You mean 1-day firecrackers like the 14-days stuff going on other events?