Tree of Savior Forum

Machine Gun Musketeer

uh let me look for a video that will answer your question so that it’ll be easier to understand.

edit: here

in this vid it’ll be explained what it means by applying once per basic attack.

Well, this video doesn’t answer my question, it only shows what an additional hit is, like cafrisun, and what is property dmg…
Still, i don’t know what he meant by “It only applies once per basic attack.”
Edit; Ah, i think i got it. Did he mean by applies once per attack, just an additional line of dmg per attack?

what he meant by that, is the 200% added attack damage will be applied like one of those on hit attack. it’s not applied into your damage, it is it’s own damage but it scaled based of your damage, understand?

So my real line of basic attack doesnt get any bonus from skill?

based on what he said, yes. but it doesn’t matter since there will be another line of attack doing that damage. so there’s no difference in the end except it’s more beneficial for you since every line of attack will be buffed by every elemental attack you have.

i answered you based on what he said, i myself do not play QS so you should look for more detailed answer from archer pros.

hm ok. But on the contrary, i saw a guy on the video, his cafrisun line attack dealt like 1-1.5k with Running shot active.
So i wonder how he did this. Maybe RS really applies on every line of dmg?
Here’s vid :

i can’t watch because my internet is currently extremely bad but if running shot applies on every single on hit, it’ll be the OPest skill in archer tree and it will far out damage rang3flet3 build since you can have 5 proc on hit if you got the right set. so i don’t think ToS will make something that op by design.

edit: i managed to see a few minutes into the video and as you said the proc damage was increased so there’s a possibility for it buffing every single proc. but still if it does buff 200% of base damage to every single proc then every single on hit should deal around 2k damage more or less.

And i just tested: my basic attack was 500, with buff it became 1k +additional 1k hit from RS line dmg. But cafrisun still does crappy 200dmg with arde dagger =\

since you have tested it then it is proven it only add 1 more basic attack damage and the question is answered. whatever that you see in any video is not valid because the most valid information you can get is a test of your own on the latest version of ToS.

I’m not even sure that addition line of damage from Runninh Shot will benefit from elemental damage.

As I know, before bonus damage from RS applied to every line of damage (from cafrisun, sacrament, etc.), but now it applies only once per basic attack. It also can’t crit, that’s why it’s not that good as 200% more damage to main hit.

But if it is boosted by elemental attack (which I doubt), then it’s count as secondary attack just as cafri secondary attack.

Though I really doubt it’s true.

It’s pretty strange that it also increases your main attack, but maybe it’s because bonus damage is split in 2 parts.

According to my knowledge, with 500 patk it should be 1000 additional damage (200%), regardless of your items and elemental attack. Sure it will be higher with grand cross.

I’m not even sure that addition line of damage from Runninh Shot will benefit from elemental damage.

As I know, before bonus damage from RS applied to every line of damage (from cafrisun, sacrament, etc.), but now it applies only once per basic attack. It also can’t crit, that’s why it’s not that good as 200% more damage to main hit.

But if it is boosted by elemental attack (which I doubt), then it’s count as secondary attack just as cafri secondary attack.

Though I really doubt it’s true.

It’s pretty strange that it also increases your main attack, but maybe it’s because bonus damage is split in 2 parts.

According to my knowledge, with 500 patk it should be 1000 additional damage (200%), regardless of your items and elemental attack. Sure it will be higher with grand cross.

So it was nerfed.
I’ve just tested with everything: doesn’t work with any additional attacks. It only gives you an additional basic attack multiplied by 200% and MAKES it hit with first attack.
What i mean is, when you hit a mob it goes in numbers: 1)RS hit (200%) > BASIC attack > cafrisun > sacra, etc.
So your RS hit goes in the first place

Yep, that’s exactly what I mean when said that it applies only once per basic attack. I wasn’t sure if at apply elemental damage though, but it seems it is not.

From what I’ve tested myself - it can crit.

And it seems to scale with elemental attack too (really, why not? base attack get elemental attack bonus too, so as Running Shot). But not with additional attacks (from sacrament, etc).

Not really. Bonus damage from Running Shot is split in two numbers: one goes separately, and one added to basic attack. So when you have Running Shot active you can’t measure your basic attack anymore at all (it is boosted by RS).

Yea its what i tough, as RS doesnt give any boost to 1 of the attacks, however the auto is way stronger while buffed…
its like if your normal AA is 750, with RS i get 2 lines of lets say 1200 and 2600, which in theory as per RS description, doesnt make sense, as it should be just an extra AA with +200% dmg, not changing the original AA dmg

This right here is such a great example of someone spreading misinformation from regurgitating something they just heard instead of testing themselves. It CAN crit.

… [running shot] + [crossfire] = [crossfire] while running = faster release of [crossfire] … “no synergy” …

It doesn’t add another line of attack. It’s 1 attack shown as 2 numbers. Hitting a structure only does 1 damage instead of 2.

:sweat:

PSA

THIS VIDEO ONLY APPLIES TO A3-S-R3. Do not expect to be able to do this with every class. For example, [rapid fire] (a QS ranged skill from c2) can not be used while burrowed.

1 Like

I wonder, does it boost kneeling shot bonus dmg by same 200%
Haven’t reached A2 yet, so can’t test

Maybe you would post some vid where running shot crits instead of just talking?

Not completely sure about crossfire, since I’ve never seen QS3 fletcher myself, but again, if you show us vid with crossfire used while running with higher attack speed, it’d be completely different talk.

When talking about additional line, I meant additional number, not additional attack like from cafri. Elemental attack won’t apply on it. And as you’ve just said, it deals only 1 damage to structures.

Kneeling shot adds patk directly, so yep, it’s added to calculation when Running shot is in effect, that’s where A3QS3 synergy comes from. And that’s the reason why full DEX QS3 are totally viable and very strong, even if extra damage can’t crit (which is not confirmed yet). If it can crit, then full DEX is even better, but still slightly inferior to STR in terms of damage, yet much better in terms of survivalbility.

Running shot can crit, tested myself.
And is going for A3 just for kneeling shot 10 lvl good?